Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Happy with 3 more?

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:42 pm

Would you be happy with just 3 more signings?

What Bulut has said, begs a fair few questions to be asked.

We have two good signings so far, Willock makes up for one of the wingers that went back after their loans ended with Chambers providing some good experience at the back, replacing Phillips.

That still leaves us with at least one signing needed to cover the other winger that left, meaning only strengthening the squad by 2.

If we can hope that Rino and Wintle go, then we would need cover in the middle of the park, and let's not forget, ideally we want two new strikers.

It also asks the question of will we actually spend on a striker.

I hope to be proven wrong but I do not think that Etete, Meite or Davies are good enough to get us to top 6.

Re: Happy with 3 more?

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:58 pm

Seems the fans have been duped again.

Full backing indeed.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:11 pm

Jesus, the transfer window closure is 6 weeks away !!!!

The premier teams haven't got going yet, so clubs haven't worked out who may be allowed to be loaned or sold.

The Bosman free agents mini-season has just about finished and all the Bosmans have now agreed on where they are going. Look where we are, waiting for parent clubs to decide whether to allowe players to leave on loan or transfer..... We are just waiting

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:14 pm

SBF1 wrote:Seems the fans have been duped again.

Full backing indeed.

Be careful how you interprete what bulut says it is always open to interpretation? We Could say 3 more signings but that means could get loans in as they're not technically signings... but he's not going overboard with who we get that is for sure .

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:15 pm

3 more signings with more loan signings towards the end of the window. As expected and hoped. I’m just hoping one of the 3 signings is a striker as it’s a big gamble waiting for a striker towards the end of the window especially if one is planned and goes elsewhere last minute as was the case with Moore last year

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:16 pm

It's a play of words.
Essentially I read it as his main targets are basically in or close to being done.

So any targets from that day forward won't come with big fees. It's just playing it smart. Make the selling team feel they are the inferior party.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:17 pm

Potentially 3 more this week or next I read it as. Still plenty of time after that

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:18 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Jesus, the transfer window closure is 6 weeks away !!!!

The premier teams haven't got going yet, so clubs haven't worked out who may be allowed to be loaned or sold.

The Bosman free agents mini-season has just about finished and all the Bosmans have now agreed on where they are going. Look where we are, waiting for parent clubs to decide whether to allowe players to leave on loan or transfer..... We are just waiting

Lots clubs not hot hoping on sighning players think problem is premier league clubs not releasing players until after their tours I note several players going out on loans are away with their clubs ...unfortunately most championship clubs are at the behest of premier league clubs regarding get players in.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:32 pm

SBF1 wrote:Seems the fans have been duped again.

Full backing indeed.

In fairness most fans don't listen to a word tan says because he's full of sh*t, but let's reserve judgement of our transfer business until after the window is shut

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:39 pm

When we have these three signed, that will be us nearly done.

That’s what Bulut said.

I would point out that you can’t take what he says literally at times. It’s clear his comments often get misinterpreted due to the language barrier.

What I think he means is we will sign 2-3 new players on a permanent basis over the next week or so.

Will I be happy with those? I’ll have to see who those players are first before I decide that.

But do I think they’ll be our final signings? No I don’t.

You can have up to five loan players in the matchday squad and I would expect another 3-4 of those to come later in the window. We haven’t signed any loan players yet.

The best loans typically happen in the last week anyway. Maybe they’ll be from the PL, maybe abroad, maybe other Championship clubs.

So in summary, I still expect another 5-6 new signings. We’ll judge how good they are when we sign them.

People are getting worked up when we don’t honestly know what will happen. Maybe that’s a default mode after the last few seasons.

All I will say is that will you judge next season after the Sunderland home game? I won’t, most people wouldn’t.

So don’t judge the transfer window until it’s actually closed.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:49 pm

In no way am I saying that we should conclude our business early. I have been vocal on other threads that the window is as long as it is for a reason, and we need to spend time assessing the right players.

My question is, IF the statement by Bulut isn't misinterpreted and we are basically done after 3 more, would you be happy?

I won't be judging after the Sunderland game, I will be waiting until roughly game 8 or 9 to pass before I pass judgement.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:58 pm

I'll take 5 good calculated signings over 10 average onnes!!

Let's wait and see!!

Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:54 am

5 loan signings gone back
Plus Sawyers, ojo Adams Denham and luthra gone
Wintle Rino and Romeo to go
That's 13 out potentially 2 in plus Davies back and others... king,bagan etc
Bulut said we had a small squad last year....got to be more than 3 coming in

Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:10 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Lots clubs not hot hoping on sighning players think problem is premier league clubs not releasing players until after their tours I note several players going out on loans are away with their clubs ...unfortunately most championship clubs are at the behest of premier league clubs regarding get players in.

Most of the best players are premiership loans, they mostly come in the last week or two of the window, it's a bit of a lottery but hopefully, the research has been done and we get some of our first choice targets.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:44 am

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Most of the best players are premiership loans, they mostly come in the last week or two of the window, it's a bit of a lottery but hopefully, the research has been done and we get some of our first choice targets.

Not easy getting loans in early as clubs away on tours or clubs not sure who's going out on loan! Cost is now an issue for many clubs .... wages are high and clubs are starting to insist
on having it paid in full before agreeing loan..... as said previously moore last season must have cost Ipswich in excess of £5m for 5mnths loan no club should be paying that for a loan hope city wouldn't...

Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:56 am

To add (for those getting stressed): we're in the back end of a world cup year. This means the big boys' signings will be on beaches. Look back 4 years ago, or after any world cup, the big signings happen late.

The championship is always in the slip stream of the premier league business. Expect a wild last week. May not be for us, but definitely amongst the big boys in the prem; which usually offers up some bargains and book balancing last minute either for loans or older heads being shipped out as surplus.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:25 pm

If the three are Messi, Ronaldo and Van Dijk I suppose we could just about manage.