Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TOP 2/6 JUST AN ASPIRATION ?

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:47 pm

2 loans so far does not look like we are going for it yes maybe a few more but bulut seems to be back tracking and seems to be happy to look at academy which is fair enough in my book
but it does' nt sound like any big transfers are coming i thought maybe some big names where coming in like last season when ramsey came in
When bulut signed new contract and kept repeating that he was going to be fully backed but forgot to mention it would be fully backed for loans only
Lets hope we can compete for that illusive striker with the other top championship clubs and not just end up with another farmer dido.
Its getting close to kick off and i will be there 1st game of the season but hope we do spend on a proven striker rather than relying on davies miete and etete.

Re: TOP 2/6 JUST AN ASPIRATION ?

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:59 pm

montyblue wrote:2 loans so far does not look like we are going for it yes maybe a few more but bulut seems to be back tracking and seems to be happy to look at academy which is fair enough in my book
but it does' nt sound like any big transfers are coming i thought maybe some big names where coming in like last season when ramsey came in
When bulut signed new contract and kept repeating that he was going to be fully backed but forgot to mention it would be fully backed for loans only
Lets hope we can compete for that illusive striker with the other top championship clubs and not just end up with another farmer dido.
Its getting close to kick off and i will be there 1st game of the season but hope we do spend on a proven striker rather than relying on davies miete and etete.

Monty most clubs aspire to getting top 6 or promotion thats what keeps fans coming back even in bad times as no two seasons are the same? But agree we need more quality upfront before start season to boost aspirations.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:38 pm

The two we’ve signed are not loans Monty. They are both our players. And both are better than anything we had last season. There’s still more than 2 weeks until the start of the seasons, and over 5 weeks until the end of the window. Rome wasn’t built in a day as they say.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:04 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:The two we’ve signed are not loans Monty. They are both our players. And both are better than anything we had last season. There’s still more than 2 weeks until the start of the seasons, and over 5 weeks until the end of the window. Rome wasn’t built in a day as they say.

Stand corrected free transfers not loans apologies.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:32 am

If anyone thinks we are getting in the top six this season with his squad there smoking hard crack tbh. It will always be loans and freebies with maybe one money signing at best if that despite the bullshit the club, manager, online people say.

We would have had about ten players go or released before the season starts then we sign two freebies and I'm seeing two top finish talk online. I know we got to deam but it's pure delusional stuff at best on here. Barking mad it is :laughing5:

Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:13 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:If anyone thinks we are getting in the top six this season with his squad there smoking hard crack tbh. It will always be loans and freebies with maybe one money signing at best if that despite the bullshit the club, manager, online people say.

We would have had about ten players go or released before the season starts then we sign two freebies and I'm seeing two top finish talk online. I know we got to deam but it's pure delusional stuff at best on here. Barking mad it is :laughing5:

What squad is that today's or when window closes? If its latter you'd best do lottery as can see future! :o

Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:22 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:If anyone thinks we are getting in the top six this season with his squad there smoking hard crack tbh. It will always be loans and freebies with maybe one money signing at best if that despite the bullshit the club, manager, online people say.

What squad is that today's or when window closes? If its latter you'd best do lottery as can see future! :o

Some of us walk don't walk around with our heads in the clouds Allan :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:45 am

Of course it all depends what the squad looks like at the end of the transfer window.

If the window was shut now I would honestly think we would be looking at a relegation battle.

To be serious top six contenders we probably need at least four more top quality signings and to be serious top 2 contenders we would probably need between six and eight players who could walk straight into the first team.

That's a lot of business that needs to be done between now and the window closing.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:48 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Some of us walk don't walk around with our heads in the clouds Allan :bluescarf:

No but some know end of story before reading the last chapter! Bit pointless reading book if know end before reading how finishes..

Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:06 pm

I don't think we will reach anywhere in the top 6. Current squad is enough for lower half of the table in all honesty. Not having the likes of Nat philips and Karlan Grant doesn't help right now. Hopefully whoever bulut brings in can be of real quality. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

No but some know end of story before reading the last chapter! Bit pointless reading book if know end before reading how finishes..

Best you stick to fantasy books then Allan. I'll stick to true story novels :bluescarf:

Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:37 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:The two we’ve signed are not loans Monty. They are both our players. And both are better than anything we had last season. There’s still more than 2 weeks until the start of the seasons, and over 5 weeks until the end of the window. Rome wasn’t built in a day as they say.

;) :thumbup:

Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:12 pm

Bookies have us getting relegated. Talk of top 6 is a joke, unless we sign another 6 top quality players that would be first 11.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:38 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Best you stick to fantasy books then Allan. I'll stick to true story novels :bluescarf:

No I'm an optimist that's what being a football fan usually is before start of season! If we don't sign anyone else you could be right ...but you base your opinion on "TODAY " when every man and his dog (except you)
know things will change before start season and probably will do before end August ... then and only then can anyone even "YOU" form a realistic opinion on where we may finish... it could be top 6 mid table or bottom 3 quality of players at end August will decide that.... not today's squad

Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:24 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Bookies have us getting relegated. Talk of top 6 is a joke, unless we sign another 6 top quality players that would be first 11.

Agree - We need more players in as we stand to this point .

Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:40 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Bookies have us getting relegated. Talk of top 6 is a joke, unless we sign another 6 top quality players that would be first 11.

Whilst I agree that we need a few more signings, I’ll point out that the bookies had us to be relegated last season - as did you all season.

We finished 12th.

Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:28 pm

We are shite. Relegation battle awaits.

Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:41 pm

Just a pipedream.

A figment of Erol Bulut's imagination.