Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Match threads this season

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:52 pm

Normally ask this question in the summer for as long as I’ve been doing the match threads and the new season is now only just over two weeks away. So I’ll ask everyone’s opinion on here:

Do you want to see any changes to the format of the match thread this season? Within what is possible on this forum obviously.

All suggestions welcome and will be considered.

For context, below is what we had on the match threads last season - in order of what appears on the match thread:

- A title that contains the fixture, date and stadium with both teams highlighted in their home colours

- Main body of information that other admins and moderators add to. This includes what the managers have said, the updated injury situation etc

- A brief write up on the opposition’s manager

- A couple of sentences on who the opponents’ star players are with a couple of stats

- What happened last time we played the opponents and the record between the two teams in the last five meetings

- Predicted team line ups

- What happened in the last fixture for both teams

- Match odds from the bookies

Obviously at the top of each match thread we also have a poll for who will win or whether it will be a draw

Let me know if you have any ideas :thumbright: :bluebird:

Re: Match threads this season

Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:13 pm

I quite like it to be honest. I've never thought "this needs a better format". The OCD in me loves how the standard is the same week by week.

I'd say you're all doing a good job :thumbup:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:18 pm

SB 1927 wrote:I quite like it to be honest. I've never thought "this needs a better format". The OCD in me loves how the standard is the same week by week.

I'd say you're all doing a good job :thumbup:

Appreciate that, thanks :thumbright:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:51 pm

Have to agree with the poster above & have never once thought "you know what this thread needs........................."

Some of the posters are annoying but that's life & a good job is done with the match threads just the way they are. :thumbleft:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:54 pm

Think it does what it needs to do as it is

Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:02 pm

I really appreciate your match threads Ned.

I read them all.

Worth putting a picture of our Stadium for home games and the away stadium where we are playing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:34 pm

I think Ned's threads are excellent so I wouldn't change anything and keep the good work up.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:44 pm

Love how it is already

If I could make just one suggestion it would be:

- Most famous player thats played for both sides (eg Cardiff-v-Reading Robin Friday)

For Sunderland
Other names to have links with both clubs are: Graham Kavanagh, Kenwyne Jones, Ian Rodgerson, John Cornforth, Kieran Richardson, Alan Foggon, Trevor Ford, Alan Durban, Len Ashurst, William Daniel, Andy Dibble, Timothy Gilbert, Greg Halford, Adam Matthews and Ben Wilson, to name but a few.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I really appreciate your match threads Ned.

I read them all.

Worth putting a picture of our Stadium for home games and the away stadium where we are playing.

Good idea :thumbright:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:50 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Love how it is already

- Most famous player thats played for both sides (eg Cardiff-v-Reading Robin Friday)

For Sunderland
Other names to have links with both clubs are: Graham Kavanagh, Kenwyne Jones, Ian Rodgerson, John Cornforth, Kieran Richardson, Alan Foggon, Trevor Ford, Alan Durban, Len Ashurst, William Daniel, Andy Dibble, Timothy Gilbert, Greg Halford, Adam Matthews and Ben Wilson, to name but a few.

I like that actually :thumbright:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I really appreciate your match threads Ned.

I read them all.

Good idea :thumbright:

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:36 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Love how it is already

For Sunderland

I was going to say I love it the way it is, then I read Paul's excellent idea.

It's great as it is and I will still enjoy reading the match day threads with or without Paul's idea :thumbup:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:40 pm

You could also put the names of any ex jacks or Wurzels playing for the opposition so everyone knows who and why he's being booed and give him as much stick as possible. We need to get the hostility back at home games.

Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:57 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Normally ask this question in the summer for as long as I’ve been doing the match threads and the new season is now only just over two weeks away. So I’ll ask everyone’s opinion on here:

Do you want to see any changes to the format of the match thread this season? Within what is possible on this forum obviously.

All suggestions welcome and will be considered.

For context, below is what we had on the match threads last season - in order of what appears on the match thread:

- A title that contains the fixture, date and stadium with both teams highlighted in their home colours

- Main body of information that other admins and moderators add to. This includes what the managers have said, the updated injury situation etc

- A brief write up on the opposition’s manager

- A couple of sentences on who the opponents’ star players are with a couple of stats

- What happened last time we played the opponents and the record between the two teams in the last five meetings

- Predicted team line ups

- What happened in the last fixture for both teams

- Match odds from the bookies

Obviously at the top of each match thread we also have a poll for who will win or whether it will be a draw

Let me know if you have any ideas :thumbright: :bluebird:

Perfect as they are

Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:48 am

Love the match threads. Keep them the same mate.

Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:51 am

The match threads are appreciated, like someone has said previously, you could add any former Jacks or Worzels playing for the opposition. That's an idea that i like.

Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:17 pm

Much appreciate yr dedication in bringing match thread to us each week, OK as it is

Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:45 pm

Plenty info and good to read during match, keep up the good work Worcester

Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:38 pm

Are you going to list jacks and worzels in the opposition each week or when they pop up then?