Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Erol Bulut talks about Ryan Wintle & Mahlon Romeo “

Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:26 pm

Cardiff City boss Erol Bulut has confirmed Ryan Wintle isn't in his plans for next season.

The midfielder was omitted from the club's pre-season trip to Austria, and there have since been suggestions that they will listen to any offers for the 27-year-old.

Wintle joined City from Crewe Alexandra back in June 2021, but was immediately loaned out to Blackpool. Since being recalled in January 2022, he has been a regular in matchday squads, but now appears to be heading towards the exit this summer.

"I don’t want to talk so much about him," Bulut said when quizzed on the midfielder's situation. "I was clear that I am not planning with him this season.

"Ryan is a good player and is a player who wants to play every single minute and I think there we had our problem. A team existing on 27/28 players means sometimes a manger has to rotate and I think the players have to accept that.

"I think there we had our issues a little bit. He is a good player and he will have for sure offers where he can sign a contract and can continue his career."

Meanwhile, there are also questions over the future of Mahlon Romeo, who was similarly left out of the squad that travelled to Austria.

Romeo was recently fined for drink-driving and abusive behaviour of a police officer, and Bulut admits a decision over the full-back's long-term future at the club might well be taken out of his hands.

"It's a difficult situation for me," Bulut added. "The player for sure and also for the club. Of course I don't appreciate what happened. I read it also and of course I didn't like the way he acted. I think the board will make a final decision about that final scenario."

Bulut has confirmed Cardiff are hopeful of adding at least two more players to their ranks this summer, having already landed Calum Chambers and Chris Willock in this window.

However, he says there is no obligation on the club to sell before they can land the targets they want.

"This is not a problem we have," he added. "Nobody has to think that a player has to go out for a player to come in.

"We are not in this position right now. We are more comfortable that we can get players in without getting anyone out. No one has to think we have pressure on that."

Cardiff continue their pre-season preparations with a friendly clash against Hertha Berlin. Kick-off is 5pm BST.

Re: “ Erol Bulut talks about Ryan Wintle & Mahlon Romeo “

Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:11 pm

What I have taken from what he has said is, wintle likes to kick a fuss if he don't play romeo is basically going to get contract terminated.

And he also is letting everyone know that if wintle wants to run his contract down no worries as we can bring players in anyway?

I just hope we get some more quality in on a permanent, and then concentrate on loans and we should be top 6