Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff want to re-sign former loanee “

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:09 pm

UD Las Palmas are trying to force some of their summer transfer business, and have told two player they need to find themselves a new club quickly.

Sory Kaba and Nuke Mfulu are surplus to requirements at the La Liga club, and there’s particular annoyance with the former after his agent swatted away offers from Turkey and Greece.

The 28-year-old forward is instead looking towards these shores, where Championship clubs West Brom, Sheffield United and Cardiff City are said to be keen.

That’s according to today’s edition of La Provincia, a regional newspaper with very good connections at Las Palmas.

West Brom are said to be the most interested, leaving Sheffield United and Cardiff City behind a little.

Kaba has actually played at the Welsh club before, joining on loan for the second half of the 2022/23 season and doing reasonably well in Cardiff.

The forward is being kept out of pre-season matches at the moment, and it sounds like he’s been pretty much banished, so he’s keen to get a move sealed soon.

Now it’s over to West Brom, Sheffield United and Cardiff City to fight it out.

Re: “ Cardiff want to re-sign former loanee “

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:12 pm

Las Palmas want rid asap , but they have given him a good contract / wages

Last season he only played 17 games for them scoring just 1 goal

Kaba scored 8 goals for us in 17 games, but personally I don’t believe he’s our answer

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Las Palmas want rid asap , but they have given him a good contract / wages

Last season he only played 17 games for them scoring just 1 goal

Kaba scored 8 goals for us in 17 games, but personally I don’t believe he’s our answer

Las palmas have signed
mc.burnie as msin striker

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:19 pm

Hes better than what we have surely?

I would welcome him back :bluebird:

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:19 pm

Hope not , hoping for better tbh .

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:24 pm

Can't see him being what Bulut wants. His first touch was poor, barely moved but Jesus did he know where the goal was !!!

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:25 pm

Silly season paper talk. Kaba hit a purple patch with us but everywhere else he's been he's been average.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:26 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Can't see him being what Bulut wants. His first touch was poor, barely moved but Jesus did he know where the goal was !!!

I agree. Very slow and a very poor touch. Not good at closing down.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:39 pm

I think re-signing Kaba would even make me join the usuals with slating the club everyday. Whilst he scored some very important goals for us, his overall game play was awful. He certainly would not be of any use in a pressing game plan like Bulut seems to be employing this preseason.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:54 pm

He wouldn’t fit in a Bulut team

Scored a few corkers for us but his overall play was awful…definite no from me

Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:36 pm

If its true Tan wants as one of the strikers and we are looking at kaba....so much for backing.. Tan interference again ? The man is a cancer in our club

Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:12 am

Bluebird 67 wrote:If its true Tan wants as one of the strikers and we are looking at kaba....so much for backing.. Tan interference again ? The man is a cancer in our club

You are talking out of your brown hole again.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:40 am

I liked Kaba when he was here, a definite threat but lacked mobility.

would be interesting to see if/who would get shipped out as a result of him potentially coming in.

Would love to see the club go out and get Ricky Jade Jones from P'boro

Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:12 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bluebird 67 wrote:If its true Tan wants as one of the strikers and we are looking at kaba....so much for backing.. Tan interference again ? The man is a cancer in our club

You are talking out of your brown hole again.

Agree based on total rumour somebody is downing Tan at every opportunity He has done many things wrong but t let’s not down him totally based on speculation. Down him or praise him on actual actions

Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:04 pm

Bloody hell it's a rumour

Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Bloody hell it's a rumour

There is nothing to suggest tan is interfering with Bulut selection of players since getting contract ! People are starting to imply it again just because bulut wants to include some players into squad that they dont agree with?

Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:40 pm

No thanks

Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:06 am

I liked his goal return for us.

But I don't think he's actually good at anything else. Last season he wasn't even good at that.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:33 am

Roath_Blue wrote:I liked his goal return for us.

But I don't think he's actually good at anything else. Last season he wasn't even good at that.

Strange one did well (scoring) without the service could he be better with better service?

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Strange one did well (scoring) without the service could he be better with better service?

I think he could be if he has the service. He obviously has confidence here and a lot of a striker is to do with confidence levels.

If he is available with a low signing on fee, low agent fee and low wages, I wouldn't be too against him coming back.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:44 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think he could be if he has the service. He obviously has confidence here and a lot of a striker is to do with confidence levels.

If he is available with a low signing on fee, low agent fee and low wages, I wouldn't be too against him coming back.

Better bet than etete and probably meite in scoring stakes... as long as we get a good striker in won't be to put out with him coming back

Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Better bet than etete and probably meite in scoring stakes... as long as we get a good striker in won't be to put out with him coming back

Allan, not going to happen :thumbup:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:19 pm

Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Good think we need to move all three out start again..

Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Good think we need to move all three out start again..

You won’t see Meite, Etete etc leave.

Bulut has made it clear we will have a big squad this season because last season that’s what cost us a lot of the time.

So we will sign new players but keep a lot of the first team from last season as well.

Exception to that is Wintle and Romeo.

Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:52 pm

I would take him on loan as an impact striker now we have a striker coming in and its all about competition for places

Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:32 am

All gone quite on this ?

Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:36 am

Not too bothered if it happens or doesn't

I think Kanga is a better option than Kaba.

Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:51 pm

Sheffield Wednesday have had a bid accepted apparently

Don't know if true or not