Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Olympics

Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:57 pm

Watching the Opening Ceremony.

It’s only just started but fair play to France for doing something different by having the Ceremony outside and on the River Seine.

Re: Olympics

Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:15 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Watching the Opening Ceremony.

It’s only just started but fair play to France for doing something different by having the Ceremony outside and on the River Seine.

Yeah its quite impressive isnt it.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:26 pm

It's very um.......................... French.

The commentary in the US is awful, no idea who the performers are or what they're supposed to represent. Hope the UK coverage is better than that.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:19 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Watching the Opening Ceremony.

Yeah its quite impressive isnt it.

I thought it was terrible

Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:41 pm

Apparently it's the most welsh athletes in team GB we have ever had in an Olympics.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:53 pm

Is it me or does it lack sporting personalities? Like Redgrave wiggins ect....can't name one ... :o

Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:38 pm

It was a novel idea to have the Ceremony outside.

I thought that mostly it didn’t work but was a lot better at the end.

Obviously the weather didn’t help that.

Not the best Ceremony I’ve ever seen, certainly doesn’t trouble London in terms of being the best in recent years.

Just hope it’s a good Olympics now.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:09 pm

They done a good job with all that happened before with the train lines and the rain from start to finish ...

Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:27 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:They done a good job with all that happened before with the train lines and the rain from start to finish ...

I cannot see how that affected the performance, the rehearsals were done way before that, and the commentators were as puzzled as us as to what was happening next, even stating that Carl Lewis looked as confused as to what was happening as they were.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:40 pm

rontom wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:They done a good job with all that happened before with the train lines and the rain from start to finish ...

I cannot see how that affected the performance, the rehearsals were done way before that, and the commentators were as puzzled as us as to what was happening next, even stating that Carl Lewis looked as confused as to what was happening as they were.

Liked the horse and relieved Du Jardin wasn’t on it.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:43 pm

rontom wrote:

Because they would have been put on alert for whatever happens tonight and in the next 2 weeks .
Also how were people travelling there going to get there who were booked to go on trains ???
As for the performance ... The show must go on - whatever you think after all that had happened /weather ...

Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:07 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
rontom wrote:

Because they would have been put on alert for whatever happens tonight and in the next 2 weeks .
Also how were people travelling there going to get there who were booked to go on trains ???
As for the performance ... The show must go on - whatever you think after all that had happened /weather ...

I cannot see how you think that affected that performance it was without a doubt the worst televised opening ceremony in
history and I am not alone in thinking this, check out the comments in the BBC link below
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/ar ... 4yepmknkpo

Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:13 pm

Decent start to the event for GB with two unexpected medals today, bronze in Diving and silver in Cycling.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:02 pm

I thought the opening ceremony was plain odd . I tuned in to a number of Trannys dancing around a river barge to euro techno and then a guy dressed as papa Smurf lying around in a fruit bowl . I lasted about 15 minutes