Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Expecting Mahlon Romeo to leave the club this

Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:21 am

Expecting Mahlon Romeo to leave the club this coming week with his contract potentially cancelled under a breach of contract.

The right back has since apologised but he was disciplined by Cardiff City for misdemeonors last season and it has since emerged in Magistrate's Court he verbally insulted a police office who arrested him on a drink-driving offence.

The Bluebirds will likely slash around £800pa from their wage bill with the exit of a defender they signed from Millwall on a free just over two years ago.

Re: Expecting Mahlon Romeo to leave the club this

Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:Expecting Mahlon Romeo to leave the club this coming week with his contract potentially cancelled under a breach of contract.

The right back has since apologised but he was disciplined by Cardiff City for misdemeonors last season and it has since emerged in Magistrate's Court he verbally insulted a police office who arrested him on a drink-driving offence.

The Bluebirds will likely slash around £800pa from their wage bill with the exit of a defender they signed from Millwall on a free just over two years ago.

I'm assuming you mean £800K per annum Annis, if not we haven't saved much! :laughing6:

On a more serious note, I think it's a good move to send him on his way, not just because of the court stuff, but more so that he's not very good. :bluebird:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:02 am

He isn't good enough for our push up the table, so the court case is just the tipping point.

Plus at 800k a year, we can get better cover in that area.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:14 am

am a little surprised, i heard the club kept him on the books as they believed they could get a fee in for him, if they cancel his contract it seems either the club cannot find anyone willing to pay, or he's lined up a move himself and has said cancel my contract let me go.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:33 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Expecting Mahlon Romeo to leave the club this coming week with his contract potentially cancelled under a breach of contract.

I'm assuming you mean £800K per annum Annis, if not we haven't saved much! :laughing6:

On a more serious note, I think it's a good move to send him on his way, not just because of the court stuff, but more so that he's not very good. :bluebird:

Yes Jimmy a year.

Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Yes Jimmy a year.

Which works out at just over £15,000 a week :o