Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff wanted £8m for Isaak Davies “

Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:10 am

Couple of great Cardiff City anecdotes from brilliant Craig Bellamy Q&A night.

Says Burnley offered 3m for Isaac, Cardiff wanted 8m…‘then sent him on loan!’

Also Jason Koumas first spell at club was ‘best season I’ve ever seen from a Cardiff player’.

Fascinating.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Cardiff wanted £8m for Isaak Davies “

Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:14 am

Tend to agree with the comment about Koumas.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:26 am

Crazy, if someone over £1m today he'd be gone...

Can't believe some of the decisions we've made in recent years.

Kieran Evans.... New contract? Then look to send him out on loan when he had an average loan spell.

What other crazy things have happened in recent years...

Ojo...

Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:37 am

If Burnley offered 3m and Cardiff wanted 8m it just goes to show the perceived wisdom on here sucks. :lol:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:42 am

That’s exactly how we are run so bad and look a joke and are a joke.

Craig Bellamy:

“Burnley offered 3m for Isaac, Cardiff wanted 8m…‘then sent him on loan!’

I’ve known Bells personally for years and he swears to me he would love to be at Cardiff again, but will never ever under return whilst Tan is at Cardiff City.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:44 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:If Burnley offered 3m and Cardiff wanted 8m it just goes to show the perceived wisdom on here sucks. :lol:

Well we should have ripped their hands off.

So why at 23 yrs old has Isaak not made it in the Premier but not even the Championship yet?

Either we train or play him wrongly or he’s not good enough that’s the truth.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:48 am

Einstein wrote:Crazy, if someone over £1m today he'd be gone...

Kieran Evans.... New contract? Then look to send him out on loan when he had an average loan spell.

Ojo...
1m ? They turned down 3m so tour not making sense

Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:58 am

Einstein wrote:Crazy, if someone over £1m today he'd be gone...

Ojo...

Ojo definitely was a weird one.

10 million for Cornelius “for the future.”

2.5 million for Brayford then never playing him.

The McKay brothers being signed.

Three year contract for McCarthy.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:13 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Couple of great Cardiff City anecdotes from brilliant Craig Bellamy Q&A night.

Says Burnley offered 3m for Isaac, Cardiff wanted 8m…‘then sent him on loan!’

Also Jason Koumas first spell at club was ‘best season I’ve ever seen from a Cardiff player’.

Fascinating.

WTF who the f**k makes these absolute no sense decisions?

Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:22 am

Some people are missing the point here, Burnley wanted him cardiff turned down a lot of money for our best talent and Bellamy thinks he's a good player, so hopefully he will shine this season .

Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:27 am

wez1927 wrote:Some people are missing the point here, Burnley wanted him cardiff turned down a lot of money for our best talent and Bellamy thinks he's a good player, so hopefully he will shine this season .

In all likelihood the club would have been slated had they taken 3 million.

I’d be excited for Bellamy to get him into his wales squad and give him some coaching.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:30 am

Brilliant news that the club turned down £3m for him and were wanting a lot more. How people can see that as a negative beggars belief.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:41 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:08 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Brilliant news that the club turned down £3m for him and were wanting a lot more. How people can see that as a negative beggars belief.

So Isaak is worth more than £3mill?

What has Isaak achieved and he’s 23 yrs old?

So Isaak as a Championship Striker not even a Premiership player, how has he done so far?

Where is the line of clubs wanting him?

He’s only one of our main striker this season because Tan had told Bulut he has to be and that’s true.

Please tell me how much you value Isaak?

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:20 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Brilliant news that the club turned down £3m for him and were wanting a lot more. How people can see that as a negative beggars belief.

The principle that the club turned it down is positive but only if he’s worth more than that. Personally I see him as being worth around £1m so would have snapped their hands off.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:24 pm

Replies:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:25 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

The principle that the club turned it down is positive but only if he’s worth more than that. Personally I see him as being worth around £1m so would have snapped their hands off.

I agree with this.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

So Isaak as a Championship Striker not even a Premiership player, how has he done so far?

He’s only one of our main striker this season because Tan had told Bulut he has to be and that’s true.

I have no idea what I’d value Isaak at, as I’ve not seen him play for a full season. But he’s 22 years old and shown he can lead the line in the Belgian Premier League, so at the moment roughly about £3m. At the time of Burnley’s interest he had just broken into our first team and at 20 was arguably one of our better attacking players. So that being said if we’d sold him for £3m then there would have been uproar. Regarding your question about him as a championship striker, again I can’t give you an answer as when he was with us two seasons ago he was predominantly playing out wide.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:40 pm

I don't think any point is being missed.

Yes, good that they turned down £3m in one way, but if Isaac Davies was at most other clubs, he'd have been released for nothing. On that basis, £3M??? Unbelievably stupid to turn it down for a player who wasn't good enough, isn't good enough and never will be good enough.

If the Regime thought Davies was worth £8m, what is their argument for such a price tag?

In addition to this, if they think Davies is/was worth £8M, surely after scoring a few goals in a substandard league, he must now be worth £15M?

Any bids come in for the likes of NG, and I'd expect, on this basis to see our club ask for £25M.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:46 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I don't think any point is being missed.

Yes, good that they turned down £3m in one way, but if Isaac Davies was at most other clubs, he'd have been released for nothing. On that basis, £3M??? Unbelievably stupid to turn it down for a player who wasn't good enough, isn't good enough and never will be good enough.

If the Regime thought Davies was worth £8m, what is their argument for such a price tag?

In addition to this, if they think Davies is/was worth £8M, surely after scoring a few goals in a substandard league, he must now be worth £15M?

Any bids come in for the likes of NG, and I'd expect, on this basis to see our club ask for £25M.
released for nothing? You're totally nutts and you think you know more than Bellamy.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:08 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I have no idea what I’d value Isaak at, as I’ve not seen him play for a full season. But he’s 22 years old and shown he can lead the line in the Belgian Premier League, so at the moment roughly about £3m. At the time of Burnley’s interest he had just broken into our first team and at 20 was arguably one of our better attacking players. So that being said if we’d sold him for £3m then there would have been uproar. Regarding your question about him as a championship striker, again I can’t give you an answer as when he was with us two seasons ago he was predominantly playing out wide.

23 yrs old in one month, really should of made it by now, 17,18 19 yrs old should of been scoring goals and been in the first team if quality.

Never scored many goals in the Championship as a Striker, 3 in 38 appearances, absolutely awful.

Pace fantastic, winger maybe

Ok we totally disagree, let’s hope I am wrong as for me he has to finally do it this season.

I would actually love him to make it.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:

released for nothing? You're totally nutts and you think you know more than Bellamy.

I don't think I'm nuts, Davies is a poor player, and if we rely on him then we are going to be same old same old Cardiff.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:57 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I don't think I'm nuts, Davies is a poor player, and if we rely on him then we are going to be same old same old Cardiff.

Releasing him for nothing is dramatic.

Especially in todays market.

I do not for one second think he is 8m of player, I don't even think he is worth 3m.

I would have taken the 3m.

But releasing for free is dramatic as it gets.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:22 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I take Bellamys opinion over yours .

Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:44 pm

I'm sure 99.9% of people will, but it doesn't make Davies a £8m, £3M or 3p player. He is not by any stretch, in my humble opinion, a quality English league footballer.

If I wanted Cardiff City to challenge, and challenge specifically in the championship, Davies would be gone, and, with respect, seeking a club more his level.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:46 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I'm sure 99.9% of people will, but it doesn't make Davies a £8m, £3M or 3p player. He is not by any stretch, in my humble opinion, a quality English league footballer.

If I wanted Cardiff City to challenge, and challenge specifically in the championship, Davies would be gone, and, with respect, seeking a club more his level.

What is his level in your opinion?

He is I believe a decent player for a lower championship club as it stands right now, and he has age on his side.

He is worth at least 1.5m due to this in my opinion.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:06 pm

I actually think he is worth more than 3 million. Last season he had an excellent season in Belgium scoring 12 goals in total playing in a poor side. In fact he scored against all the top 4 teams in the league. The problem is we don't play the type of game that suits his style .So we either change our system to suit him or we sell him on.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:57 pm

In my own personal opinion he's National League, League 2 at best. If he is deemed good enough for the Championship, he should be hitting 25 at least in League 2, and I just don't see it.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:21 pm

So how much do you believe Langstaff is worth after his season in L2?

I think he's a lot better than national league.

12 goals for a poor team that struggled in Belgium last season.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:24 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:So how much do you believe Langstaff is worth after his season in L2?

I think he's a lot better than national league.

12 goals for a poor team that struggled in Belgium last season.

Millwall signed Langstaff for £750k this summer, that may answer your question.