Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CCFC SO FAR / 2 WEEKS TO GO “

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:21 pm

CCFC Transfers in:

13th July 2024: Callum ChambersCardiff City player after being released by Aston Villa.
Became a free agent,A 3 year contract.

12th July: Chris Willock deal is done,now a Cardiff City player and signed a 3 year deal.
Signed as Free Agent after his contract expired at QPR

Gave New Contracts to Kieron Evans and Tom Davies.

CCFC Transfers out:

Wintle and Romeo both have been told they can leave.

Japhet Matondo has now completed his move to Stoke City aged 18, turned a new contract down with Cardiff.

Sheyi Ojo, Romaine Sawyers, Ollie Denham and Rohan Luthra were all released.

Ebou Adams Sold for £650,000 rising to £850,000 to Derby County.

Famara Diedhiou has returned to his parent club Granada.

Nathaniel Phillips returned (Liverpool)

Josh Wilson-Esbrand returned ( Manchester City)

Karlan Grant returned (West Brom)

Josh Bowler returned (Nottingham Forest)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CCFC SO FAR / 2 WEEKS TO GO “

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:39 pm

Annis a lot of clubs slow in transfer market except derby (9 players in) sighn of times? It appears they are waiting on premier league clubs to see who they're offloading as looks like less championship players swapping clubs than in previous seasons with more foreign players coming in their place.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:49 pm

What about luthra and bowler

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:51 pm

I do still feel we need a striker in sooner rather than later.

Reading between the lines, I would expect 5-6 more new signings over the next month or so.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Annis a lot of clubs slow in transfer market except derby (9 players in) sighn of times? It appears they are waiting on premier league clubs to see who they're offloading as looks like less championship players swapping clubs than in previous seasons with more foreign players coming in their place.

Allan,

I am not having ago, I just updated everything.

As long we get the quality Striker before the Sunderland game , I will be happy.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:55 pm

Bluebird 67 wrote:What about luthra and bowler

Oops Cheers

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Annis a lot of clubs slow in transfer market except derby (9 players in) sighn of times? It appears they are waiting on premier league clubs to see who they're offloading as looks like less championship players swapping clubs than in previous seasons with more foreign players coming in their place.

Allan,

As long we get the quality Striker before the Sunderland game , I will be happy.

I know Annis was trying to put in a bit of prospective as to what's going on in championship.... you know me it's wait until season starts before know if we've got want we need... but agree a striker is paramount don't get that I will be slightly pissed off even though most difficult position to fill.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

I know Annis was trying to put in a bit of prospective as to what's going on in championship.... you know me it's wait until season starts before know if we've got want we need... but agree a striker is paramount don't get that I will be slightly pissed off even though most difficult position to fill.

Allan,

Your always more positive than me , fair play

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:36 pm

I'm happy with the business so far that we have done, both in and out.

We've freed up money to be used on better players and brought in two good signings at this level

2 new strikers, another winger and a solid 8 and I will be happy with that.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Allan,

Your always more positive than me , fair play

Annis we've both been watching city 50+Years! At start every season I'm optimistic regardless of who we sighn but do get pessimistic towards end of a season at times wanted to go home on more than one occasion during game...... this season regardless of who we sighn got to be more optimistic than last season just because of where we finished and where we could have? I understand the pessimism that surrounds city because of tan/dalman but its something I simply ignore I've got far more things in life to pay attention too than those two.... :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:20 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I do still feel we need a striker in sooner rather than later.

Reading between the lines, I would expect 5-6 more new signings over the next month or so.

Agree

Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:39 am

Ned so far 5 loans gone back
4 release and one sold
Hopefully Rino and wintle and Romeo to go
That will be 13 out and 2 in so far.....I am hopping for at least 6 maybe more to come in

Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:42 am

Ned so far 5 loans gone back
4 release and one sold
That will be 13 out and 2 in so far.....I am hopping for at least 6 maybe more to come in

Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:27 am

Bluebird 67 wrote:Ned so far 5 loans gone back
4 release and one sold

Out of the ones gone, a winger and centre back have been replaced. IMO we need to replace another winger and we’ll be as strong as last season (Rambo hopefully fit too).
A striker, winger and midfielder will make us a lot stronger than last season as most of the players gone gone who haven’t been replaced weren’t first teamers.

Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:48 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebird 67 wrote:Ned so far 5 loans gone back
4 release and one sold

Out of the ones gone, a winger and centre back have been replaced. IMO we need to replace another winger and we’ll be as strong as last season (Rambo hopefully fit too).
A striker, winger and midfielder will make us a lot stronger than last season as most of the players gone gone who haven’t been replaced weren’t first teamers.

Agree.

You also have to consider that Bulut will have learned a lot last season so will be more prepared for Championship football this season.

Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:56 am

I think Rino is on his last chance but he looks very fit in pre season who knows

Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:56 pm

Patience everybody, plenty of time to get in 3-4 more players as promised :old: