Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Watched Oxford Saturday.

Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:44 pm

Very impressive. Atmosphere was amazing. Almost like being back at Ninian Park when NP was rocking.

Norwich were awful mind.

Harris, Brown and Vaulks were really good and looked well at home at championship level.

I’ll bet anyone that Harris finishes with more goals than any Cardiff player this season.

Re: Watched Oxford Saturday.

Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:54 pm

I do think that Oxford will do better than people expected.

They don’t have any flash players but have a manager with great tactics that knows how to get the best out of them.

Early days though, not going to judge anything off the opening weekend. I think Preston won their first four last season before they were sent crashing back down to earth.

Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I do think that Oxford will do better than people expected.

They don’t have any flash players but have a manager with great tactics that knows how to get the best out of them.

Early days though, not going to judge anything off the opening weekend. I think Preston won their first four last season before they were sent crashing back down to earth.

Cameron Brannagan is better than any midfielder we have not named Aaron Ramsey.

Will Vaulks will make Brannagan a better player. Tyler Goodrhem is three inches of height away from being a premier league player as is Brannagan actually.

Their keeper is top class and Elliot Moore the centre back would get in our team.

Harris keeps scoring (I’m surprised too) and seems to have added height and muscle to himself and now plays the part of number 9 really well. He would be our striker if he was at the club playing like he does.

They play 433 with 3 attackers not 451. The wingers press from the front. Their press is so impressive.

My blue light season ticket was a right bargain.

Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I do think that Oxford will do better than people expected.

You nailed it on the head with that comment.

"...a manager with great tactics that knows how to get the best out of them".

:laughing6: :thumbup:

Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:57 pm

MikeO76 wrote:

You nailed it on the head with that comment.

"...a manager with great tactics that knows how to get the best out of them".

:laughing6: :thumbup:

:lol:

Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:05 am

Preston just sacked him :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:59 am

Maccydear wrote:I’ll bet anyone that Harris finishes with more goals than any Cardiff player this season.

I'll take that bet. Name your price...

Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:43 am

SB 1927 wrote:
Maccydear wrote:I’ll bet anyone that Harris finishes with more goals than any Cardiff player this season.

Tenner for a charity of your choice.

Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:44 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Preston just sacked him :mrgreen:

He was talking about Des Buckingham the Oxford gaffer.

Fri Aug 16, 2024 8:48 pm

Harris scored again

Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:02 pm

Lost 3-2 conceded 90+5

Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:06 pm

Deserved to lose tonight. They battle hard but they are league one team and were a bit fortunate with their goals. Classic Will Vaulks error gifted the points to Coventry in the end.

Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:35 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Deserved to lose tonight. They battle hard but they are league one team and were a bit fortunate with their goals. Classic Will Vaulks error gifted the points to Coventry in the end.

Yes not a lot of quality more effort than anything else..... Harris goal was fortunate as just hit him and valks well great through ball to their attacker? :clap:

Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:46 am

EastleighBlue wrote:Deserved to lose tonight. They battle hard but they are league one team and were a bit fortunate with their goals. Classic Will Vaulks error gifted the points to Coventry in the end.

Harsh that. Coventry are a good team. Will finish above Cardiff for sure.

Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Yes not a lot of quality more effort than anything else..... Harris goal was fortunate as just hit him and valks well great through ball to their attacker? :clap:

Agree.

Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:21 am

Maccydear wrote:

Harsh that. Coventry are a good team. Will finish above Cardiff for sure.

Yeah I agree. Coventry are a very well organised team and will destroy many clubs this season and will probably finish in the playoffs.

Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:43 pm

SB 1927 wrote:

I’ll let you cash out for £5.45.

Blue cross please.

Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:13 pm

M4 Exile wrote:Harris scored again

And again.

Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:28 pm

M4 Exile wrote:

And again.

What a goal as well.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:34 am

Maccydear wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:

And again.

What a goal as well.

Yeah it was a brilliant goal, candidate for goal of the season.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:45 am

I hope Bellamy calls him up next week. Think he deserves a place in the Welsh squad.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:54 am

Maccydear wrote:
SB 1927 wrote:

I’ll let you cash out for £5.45.

Blue cross please.

Give us SB a chance can he have the whole Cardiff team score more than Harris this season. (Your money still safe ).

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:08 pm

M4 Exile wrote:

And again.

And again.