Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ITS OFFICIAL MARK MCGUINNESS SIGNS FOR LUTON

Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:19 pm

SO TANS NOT BACKING BULUT AT ALL AS THE SALE OF TWO PLAYERS WAY MORE PAID FOR THE SPENDING WEVE DONE:

Erol Bulut:

“It’s out of my hands and the decision was decided by the board.”

Sell on clause:

https://dailycannon.com/2021/06/trae-co ... transfers/

Mark McGuinness officially Signs for Luton

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm Mark McGuinness has joined Luton Town.

The central defender initially linked up with the Bluebirds during the summer of 2021 from Arsenal. He went on to make 86 appearances for City, scoring six times.

We’d like to thank Macca for his efforts and wish him all the very best moving forward.

Sell on Clause:

https://dailycannon.com/2021/06/trae-co ... transfers/

It’s going to be put out Mark McGuinness is being Sold for up to £10mill / Luton paying that:

First that includes his New Contract / Wages for a min 3 yrs where his wage has nearly tripled.
Signing on fee of nearly £800,000

£2mill if Luton are promoted to Premiership

If he plays 25 matches this season another £1mill

Agents Fee

25% going to Arsenal

City will originally net about £4.5mill

Mick Hartford ex Luton Town manager now shareholder and advisor has been looking after Mark McGuinness and setting up the deal.

McGuinness never asked to leave, he’s been virtually told he’s on his way.

It’s not 100% sealed but Luton are desperate for a good defender.

It reminds me of Kieffer Moore deal to Wolves we’ve sold you, but Wolves would not pay the whole £7mill upfront and it fell through.

But i believe tomorrow it will be done and finalised.

It’s been 2 weeks of negotiations:

The Media / Dalmans:

It’s going to be put out Mark McGuinness is being Sold for up to £10mill / Luton paying that:

First that includes his New Contract / Wages for a min 3 yrs where his wage has nearly tripled.
Signing on fee of nearly £800,000

£2mill if Luton are promoted to Premiership

If he plays 25 matches this season another £1mill

Agents Fee

25% going to Arsenal

City will originally net about £4.5mill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Mick Harford / Mark McGuinness ‘

Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:25 pm

I want us to keep him, but 5m+ we have to accept it.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:27 pm

Message to Mark McGuiness.....

If you are reading this, please say no to being sold. We need you and love you.

Once a Bluebird, always a Bluebird :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:27 pm

It's all very confusing to me.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:32 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:It's all very confusing to me.

It’s now been 2 weeks since all This started and it’s been out of McGuinness hands and Erol Bulut.
The Hierarchy want money in and will spend some of it.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:43 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mick Hartford ex Luton Town manager now shareholder and advisor has been looking after Mark McGuinness and setting up the deal.

It reminds me of Kieffer Moore deal to Wolves we’ve sold you, but Wolves would not pay the whole £7mill upfront and it fell through.

Let’s face it, if we get anywhere near the £10m quid quoted we have to bite their hand off.

Half decent player, got one howling mistake in him a game, may well go on to have a decent championship career, but there are other centre half’s out there who can do just as good a job.

Disappointed he goes as he looks like a nice guy but easily replaceable football wise

Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:53 pm

This is why we’re signing this defender from the Belgian league.

I’ll wish McGuinness well because he’s always been the ultimate professional and always given 100%.

Won’t be happy if we let him go cheap.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:59 pm

If he was so easily replaceable then a team chasing promotion wouldn't be desperate to sign him.

Just putting it out there by everyone's opinion he's a top pro, leader and very popular in the group.

Not so easily replaceable. You've also got look at what it says to the rest of the squad that we're willing to sell our best player with high potential to a rival.

Doesn't look good on our own ambition.

Lastly if these players are so easily replaceable, we haven't replaced Kieffer Moore with 3 years of trying.

Gutted if he goes but very disappointed in the club to sell to another championship club as it looks terrible.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:06 pm

I’ve got no doubt he’s a brilliant professional, totally agree and I’d be disappointed he’s gone.

But I feel he’s probably one of the most easily replaceable, saleable assets we have. And if Luton are prepared to pay over the odds for him, I’d rather we take the deal.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:16 pm

I believe we need him. Equally as good as Goutas. Hope swap collspses but probably Mark wants this to happen as maybe Bulut makes him feel like third choice behind the current two.

I would be interested to see Goutas, Chsmbers and McGuinness in a 3 with two wing backs. Bulut will never do that.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:16 pm

Brilliant bit of business well done the transfer committee

Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:28 pm

Totally get it's all about opinions on his level I guess I rate him higher.

I see it as we're making a rival much stronger and us much weaker.

We look soft from set plays which he's excellent at. We look a soft touch in open play and he is physically better than Goutas and chambers and we look like we're lacking character which he's far above his age in leadership qualities.

It also looks like he has no wish to leave.

If we sold him to a prem club it wouldn't be quite as bad.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:35 pm

Mac1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Mick Hartford ex Luton Town manager now shareholder and advisor has been looking after Mark McGuinness and setting up the deal.

Let’s face it, if we get anywhere near the £10m quid quoted we have to bite their hand off.

Half decent player, got one howling mistake in him a game, may well go on to have a decent championship career, but there are other centre half’s out there who can do just as good a job.

Disappointed he goes as he looks like a nice guy but easily replaceable football wise

Have to agree mate.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:37 pm

Mac1927 wrote:

What I’ve been saying since the news broke.
But, be careful what you say. People will just that you are pro-Bulut, and backing the board.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:45 pm

Every player has a price and anything 5 million and above should be accepted.

He’s never set the world alight. He’s a decent championship defender.

Good to see we aren’t replacing him with a free 30 year old and we are investing the money back into a young cb.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:12 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Totally get it's all about opinions on his level I guess I rate him higher.

I see it as we're making a rival much stronger and us much weaker.

We look soft from set plays which he's excellent at. We look a soft touch in open play and he is physically better than Goutas and chambers and we look like we're lacking character which he's far above his age in leadership qualities.

It also looks like he has no wish to leave.

If we sold him to a prem club it wouldn't be quite as bad.

I agree that it's all about opinions mate. Mine is that he is a good defender at this level but not a player that we should keep whatever the price. IMO we should accept anything above £7m
I believe hes a londoner (correct me if im wrong) in which case Luton would be far closer to home. I'd like to see or hear hard evidence if indeed 'It also looks like he has no wish to leave'. :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:45 pm

wez1927 wrote:Brilliant bit of business well done the transfer committee

It’s only brilliant if we get as good or better defender and a quality Striker, been promising for years.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:48 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:If he was so easily replaceable then a team chasing promotion wouldn't be desperate to sign him.

Just putting it out there by everyone's opinion he's a top pro, leader and very popular in the group.

Not so easily replaceable. You've also got look at what it says to the rest of the squad that we're willing to sell our best player with high potential to a rival.

Lastly if these players are so easily replaceable, we haven't replaced Kieffer Moore with 3 years of trying.

Gutted if he goes but very disappointed in the club to sell to another championship club as it looks terrible.

Spot on. This deal stinks. Luton are a tin pot club. What do we aspire to be as the Welsh capital's football club?

Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:54 pm

I just don’t understand if we are selling him, it just makes no sense. We desperately short at CB, and if true looking into signing a CB, which let’s be honest will probably be a cheap option. If we had any ambition we would be thinking of keeping a player especially at his age.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:58 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:I just don’t understand if we are selling him, it just makes no sense. We desperately short at CB, and if true looking into signing a CB, which let’s be honest will probably be a cheap option. If we had any ambition we would be thinking of keeping a player especially at his age.

£3-4m quoted for our new centre back.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:16 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
BaltimoreBlues wrote:I just don’t understand if we are selling him, it just makes no sense. We desperately short at CB, and if true looking into signing a CB, which let’s be honest will probably be a cheap option. If we had any ambition we would be thinking of keeping a player especially at his age.

Is this true, as to be honest I have no idea. How good is this new centre back

Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:18 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Apparently so. Just saw it but I can't remember where lol Looked on Youtube and there's not a great deal on him there tbh. Looks tall and athletic though. :bluebird:

Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:26 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
BaltimoreBlues wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Apparently so. Just saw it but I can't remember where lol Looked on Youtube and there's not a great deal on him there tbh. Looks tall and athletic though. :bluebird:

Fingers crossed he’s good then if we are paying out that sort of money. We desperately need sorting out at the back.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:28 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
BaltimoreBlues wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fingers crossed he’s good then if we are paying out that sort of money. We desperately need sorting out at the back.

Agree with you there mate :thumbup:

Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:24 am

Reply:

Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:25 am

Reply:

Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:45 am

Replies:

Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:48 am

I feel like this is brilliant business by the club, if we get anything over £5m. He’s obviously not first choice in the managers eyes, and to be getting a good sum for him is a bonus. I believe Goutas and Chambers are better than him, and if the money is reinvested then it’s a no brainer.

Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:54 am

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:
Nickoblue23 wrote:If he was so easily replaceable then a team chasing promotion wouldn't be desperate to sign him.

Spot on. This deal stinks. Luton are a tin pot club. What do we aspire to be as the Welsh capital's football club?

They're a tin pot club which all of a sudden has a lot of money. The way of the Premier League world unfortunately...