Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea manager Luke Williams replied to Cardiff's concerns

Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:56 am

Swansea manager Luke Williams replied to Cardiff's concerns over Ollie Tanner by saying:

"Two things, I'm happy that it goes over and you don't hit something solid. There was a boy at Bath City, he hit a brick wall around the edge of the pitch and ended in hospital with a serious head injury. The fact that it goes over is safer.”

"Secondly, I think the injury is on the shin. I don't know where the shin pads are because no players wear the shin pads any more. They are this big [gestures small with hands]. Either the FA decide no one has to wear shin pads any more or wear them - I don't think players have to wear shin pads because of advertising hoardings by the way. It's because people are kicking people in the shins. But the socks are down, there's no shin pads.

"It's something that has to be looked at by security officers of all clubs because there was an incident at the West Ham game. Whenever you go down a road and it has speed bumps it means there was an accident, and when there are speed cameras it means people are driving too fast, so I guess there will be a reaction to this now by the authorities and safety officers who will decide what's best."

Re: Swansea manager Luke Williams replied to Cardiff's conce

Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:35 am

Why couldn't he simply say the club will look at increasing safety around ground? Rather than put blame on Tanner for no shin pads which I'm sure had on but it was pushed down by force of hit... he sounded like eric cantonas trawler poem!

Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:38 pm

Reviewed the incident and ollie "WAS" wearing shin pads the hoarding scraped down his shin so moving pad down.....

Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:16 am

pembroke allan wrote:Reviewed the incident and ollie "WAS" wearing shin pads the hoarding scraped down his shin so moving pad down.....

Ollie wears the silly small shin pads with his socks around his ankles. Always has done.

What happened Sunday was our fans fault.

But agree with Luke Williams that players should be wearing adequate size shin pads

Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:35 am

sid61284 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Reviewed the incident and ollie "WAS" wearing shin pads the hoarding scraped down his shin so moving pad down.....

Ollie wears the silly small shin pads with his socks around his ankles. Always has done.

What happened Sunday was our fans fault.

But agree with Luke Williams that players should be wearing adequate size shin pads

Maybe so but normal shin pads same thing would have happened as board slid down leg.....but his response was a joke blaming ollie then referring to speed cameras what load of bullocks .... no concern about what happened especially after what happened Saturday .....
I have said players should not go into fans as this is what happens use to get booked for doing so

Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:19 pm

Williams is just upset he couldn’t have another night out with their fans with him being seen as a hero for bringing home the Beating Cardiff Cup.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Williams is just upset he couldn’t have another night out with their fans with him being seen as a hero for bringing home the Beating Cardiff Cup.

Ned your Probably right .....where was the concern a player could been badly injured? Think it shows the level they are at regarding sportsmanship and taking the behaviour of their players during game into account .... hope we never stoop that low

Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:19 pm

his book when he retires is going to be a fun read :lol: :lol: