Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rubin Colwill

Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:44 am

457010045_122169799610207550_1415922638866275046_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Colwill

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:04 am

Igovernor wrote:
457010045_122169799610207550_1415922638866275046_n.jpg

Rubin,

Balls and passion :bluebird: :bluebird:

Rubin knew what the match meant to us.

Re: Rubin Colwill

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:10 am

Great photo. He has to start against Boro. Him and Tanner link up very well on the right, as did Robbo and El Ghazi on the left.

Over to you Mr Bulut.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:24 am

I didn't think Colwill had that aggression in him. Good to see him sticking up for a teammate

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:31 am

I was thinking what an idiot for risking getting sent off. Thought he played well when he came on. He is direct. I wonder what Joe Dwyer would’ve made of Darling?

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:33 am

Good on him, get into the diving, cheating wimp.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:45 am

To answer your question. Darling would have done nothing if Dwyer had been there. There would have been only one possible outcome. And we all know what that would have been. Also, I would like to see him against Helgusson when he played for us. He was a real hard man. I always remember him smashing into a post to score.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:48 am

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:I was thinking what an idiot for risking getting sent off. Thought he played well when he came on. He is direct. I wonder what Joe Dwyer would’ve made of Darling?

He would have mincemeat out of him :D

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:49 am

Darling couldnt get out of the grip hahaha LOVED this from Rubin

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:58 am

I did enjoy seeing that from Ruben. Darling was a complete shit house yesterday, from the first minute. Couldn’t believe the ref bought the falling over antics.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:59 am

MikeO76 wrote:Great photo. He has to start against Boro. Him and Tanner link up very well on the right, as did Robbo and El Ghazi on the left.

Over to you Mr Bulut.

Mike, I totally agree

Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:02 am

Good to see him show passion, like Bulut did too to be fair.

I don’t agree with those saying he should start. History tells us he has always been better as an impact sub.

When he starts, he struggles to have an impact and looks knackered after 60 minutes.

Same goes for Tanner.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:25 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good to see him show passion, like Bulut did too to be fair.

I don’t agree with those saying he should start. History tells us he has always been better as an impact sub.

When he starts, he struggles to have an impact and looks knackered after 60 minutes.

Same goes for Tanner.

His best performances have lol been as a sub when the game is more open Same for Tanner as well When he starts for the majority of games he has been poor to average.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:36 am

Makes me think that his brother could have offered something yesterday in a local derby.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:37 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good to see him show passion, like Bulut did too to be fair.

Same goes for Tanner.

I think that's down to the way Bulut historically sets the team up from the start, very defensive to not concede. If he started with Colwill, Tanner and Robinson and told them to go for it from the start, we'd see the Colwill, Tanner and Robinson we saw yesterday and in many other games where they come on chasing the game.

If Colwill is knackered after 60 mins then sub him, at least doing it that way around we attack teams from the start and hopefully get a good lead, then bring on your more defensive players to see the game out.

Bulut does it the wrong way around and it doesn't work.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:38 am

Good to see him not shy away and not back down. Don't want players fighting but they shouldn't let the other team boss them and take the piss, got to stand up for yourself and team mates

Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:41 am

At the moment both Colwill and Tanner are impact players…I think the new word for them is finishers :roll:

They are very good making a difference in the last 30 minutes

However, they need more consistency because at the moment neither of them are automatic starters

Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:53 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:At the moment both Colwill and Tanner are impact players…I think the new word for them is finishers :roll:

They are very good making a difference in the last 30 minutes

However, they need more consistency because at the moment neither of them are automatic starters

The way Bulut sets us up from the start, I'd have to agree with you. However, if we had a modern manager who would be more attack minded they would probably start and would improve, as you say, consistency.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:59 am

The Swansea defence looked genuinely scared when Rubin had the ball. He needs a run in the team to improve.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:21 pm

Abergavenny wrote:

Same goes for Tanner.

His best performances have lol been as a sub when the game is more open Same for Tanner as well When he starts for the majority of games he has been poor to average.

Have to agree
In fairness to him he changed the game when he came on on possibly should be given a start on Saturday. I’m unsure though.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:29 pm

There was no getting out of that vice like grip haha, kept his temper too coz he could have easily lost it and nutted him. Made poor Darling look stupid by simply smiling at him. Loved it Rubin, more of that we wanna see!!!

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:31 pm

MikeO76 wrote:

Same goes for Tanner.

I think that's down to the way Bulut historically sets the team up from the start, very defensive to not concede. If he started with Colwill, Tanner and Robinson and told them to go for it from the start, we'd see the Colwill, Tanner and Robinson we saw yesterday and in many other games where they come on chasing the game.

If Colwill is knackered after 60 mins then sub him, at least doing it that way around we attack teams from the start and hopefully get a good lead, then bring on your more defensive players to see the game out.

I disagree that the reason he doesn’t do well from the start is because of Bulut.

Because he struggled from the start under previous managers.

I just think people need to accept he’s not as good as they seem to think he is.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:34 pm

Have always been a fan of the brothers . Once again his very presence yesterday gave us something different and them lot something to think about. He has to start and have a run of games.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Same goes for Tanner.

I disagree that the reason he doesn’t do well from the start is because of Bulut.

Because he struggled from the start under previous managers.

I just think people need to accept he’s not as good as they seem to think he is.

I thought he did well a few seasons ago when he was 18/19 in his first proper season. He was still young and learning, then he had his growing issues which going by your comment on another thread you created about the same thing, you don't believe that was an excuse. My son knows a couple of mates who had bad growing pains and some days they struggled to get out of bed. They too are now tall big built men.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:03 pm

He seemed to have a turn of pace vs the jacks.

Not one to follow the tide, I’ve always thought he plays positive football but has been sloppy before at times and sometimes does amazing and then fluffs a pass. He also looked sluggish previously, but on Sunday his short bursts gathered so much space, has he finally got fit enough to make the impact we are crying out for