Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MEITE ?

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:32 pm

Just cannot see what he brings to the team this season is no better than last surly we can replace him with someone from somewhere a waste of a squad place for me sorry to say.

Re: MEITE ?

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:35 pm

He’s filling El Ghazi’s place until he’s ready to start.

Doubt we’ll see much of Meite after then.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He’s filling El Ghazi’s place until he’s ready to start.

We have willock and o' dowda that could be switched to the right wing instead of meite

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:55 pm

Willock is another I'm not seeing much in at the moment as a winger.

Saw the difference yesterday when Tanner and El Ghazi came on actually taking players on and getting down the wing to the by line for the cut backs. Creating overlaps with the wing backs etc

Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:31 pm

montyblue wrote:Just cannot see what he brings to the team this season is no better than last surly we can replace him with someone from somewhere a waste of a squad place for me sorry to say.

Agreed - willing but well below Championship level - should let him go.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:53 pm

montyblue wrote:Just cannot see what he brings to the team this season is no better than last surly we can replace him with someone from somewhere a waste of a squad place for me sorry to say.

I have not met a fan who believes he’s good for us or other fans who watched him. We should of moved Meite out in the Summer.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:13 pm

I don’t think he offers anything, we should offload ASAP!

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:11 pm

Don't like to be critical. He works hard but is not championship level at all. Would be better off at a league team like Reading

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:30 am

Great character, not championship level as a footballer. We need to let him go. Offers very little and had plenty of chances

Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:24 am

Did anyone else notice when we equalised on Sunday he just stayed sat in his seat in the dugout.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:48 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Did anyone else notice when we equalised on Sunday he just stayed sat in his seat in the dugout.

Were all the other subs celebrating?

Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:37 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Did anyone else notice when we equalised on Sunday he just stayed sat in his seat in the dugout.

Hmmmmm that's not good at all, is it?

Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:22 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yes the other subs and staff where celebrating but the cameras did home in and meite he just sat there expessionless

Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:49 pm

montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yes the other subs and staff where celebrating but the cameras did home in and meite he just sat there expessionless

Ah well, at least the rest of the staff got into it. Shane he didn’t think the same.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:32 pm

Having seen Tanner beat his man and send in a great cross for Robinson to equalise he most probably realised he's going to be dropped for the next game.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:50 pm

Blue View wrote:Having seen Tanner beat his man and send in a great cross for Robinson to equalise he most probably realised he's going to be dropped for the next game.

Perhaps he should pull his finger out and actually do what he was signed for put some wuality crosses in or hit tge back of the net he has failed on both sadly all last season and are we still thinking he will come good because bulut keeps picking him above others
I think my mum who is 91 could have managed to score more than meite in the time he has been with us
i despair every time i see his name in the squad never mind the starting 11.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:02 pm

Handy off the bench, that's it.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:49 pm

Einstein wrote:Handy off the bench, that's it.

Why whats he done?

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:31 pm

montyblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:He’s filling El Ghazi’s place until he’s ready to start.

We have willock and o' dowda that could be switched to the right wing instead of meite

If we can get in a left back before the window, then that would be possible to push O’Dowda forward.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:32 pm

So surprised to see him starting...I think there are 3 or 4 players I would play ahead of him including some of our younger ones. He doesn't assist or score so needs to let go in my opinion

Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:41 am

Lets hope he is finally left on the bench this sat against boro
and colwill is in from the start.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:12 pm

montyblue wrote:
Einstein wrote:Handy off the bench, that's it.

Why whats he done?

|Gave up his seat so your 91 yr old mum could have a rest

Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:41 pm

I’m sure he scored against us few times for reading, was optimistic he would chip in with a few goals, when he first signed. But been poor for the majority

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:37 pm

Still a Reading supporters' favourite. The Beast. Saw that in Reading forum preseason game comments. Scored four for Reading away at Luton in 2020 memorably. Reckon a loan move to Reading would have been good for all concerned. Yak was Erol Bulut's third signing (after Ugbo and Goutas). Here's WoL back then, for what it's worth. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-27282125 :|

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:01 pm

Still a Reading supporters' favourite. The Beast. Saw that in Reading forum preseason game comments. Scored four for Reading away at Luton in 2020 memorably. Powerful winger on his day. Struggled to score as a striker with us. Needs the right support? Sense Yak is now demoralised. Reckon a loan move to Reading would have been good for all concerned. Yak was Erol Bulut's third signing (after Ugbo and Goutas). Here's WoL back then, for what it's worth. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-27282125 :|

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:58 am

We barely saw him in his most effective position last season. He is a wide forward (definitely not a CF) who is dangerous just outside the box as he is so powerful he can just barge past you and smack a cross or shot in.

But the problem is Bullutball is soooo slow going forward he rarely gets that opportunity as we need to make 30 pointless passes so the opposition is waiting for him. Tanner is effective in his 20 min burst because he doesn't mind trying to go around you from deeper, poor ole Meite has a few seconds burst and then shagged.

El Gazhi, Willock and O'Dowda will be ahead of him in the pecking order. Would not be surprised to see Bulut try to get Rubin on somehow so play him on the right.