Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

There is NO PLAYER IN WILFRIED KANGA - the only consolation

Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:50 pm

There is NO PLAYER IN WILFRIED KANGA - the only consolation is maybe we can return him to Hertha Berlin via DHS.

Won't score in a brothel with an American Gold Card.

We need to pull out the stops and borrow Tom Cannon from Leicester City with a view to buying him.

Really tested our defence and scored for Preston against us a couple of years back on loan from Everton.

He is a physically robust, darting, powerful all-round striker.

Leicester will sell him and are looking to recoup some of the £7m they paid Everton for the kid.

Great investment, the right age who would thrive off Tanner, Colwill, Willock and El Ghazi's pass feed.

Also a great forward partner for Robbo.

Re: There is NO PLAYER IN WILFRIED KANGA - the only consolat

Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:16 pm

Tell you what, if a striker read this forum then they’d question whether to join us.

Kanga is being written off after two league starts.

Clearly not fit yet and what “big chance” has he had?

He was unlucky with his shot in the first half that went inches wide. Scored against Burnley and it was disallowed (correctly).

Got a fan base who are desperate to write off a striker.

People also need to live in the real world, which isn’t the case on here sometimes. Everyone wants a striker.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:27 pm

If I was a footballer then there is no way in hell that I would want to come to Cardiff, if this is thr type of thing that is being said after 2 games starting.

I'm going to presume that you watch him train every morning, or maybe you're a coach down the city, because surely that's the only way you'd have seen enough of him to be able to make such a scathing assessment after only two games.

We aren't the only team looking for a striker, and good strikers aren't a dime a dozen.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:33 pm

I've been asking this same question for a couple of years now & saying that anyone is useless after 2 games is ridiculous.

I'll ask the question again. Why would any striker want to join us? Besides leaving them all alone on the pitch half of the fans are calling them useless after a couple of games.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:01 pm

I think he's done ok, needs a couple of goals to get him going. Let's judge him after 10 games not Burnley and the derby!

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:29 pm

Far too early to write him off....I think he needs a few more games from bench though. Robinson has now earned a start

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:34 pm

I look back at Strikers we have had.

Chopra was worth every penny.
Thorne took his time finding the net despite a hefty fee at the time but got support from fans.
Eddie Johnson a cult hero, but scored how many?

To write Kanga off at this point is beyond madness.

People think we just gonna pull a Haaland out of thin air?

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:49 pm

AJ1927 wrote:I look back at Strikers we have had.

Chopra was worth every penny.
Thorne took his time finding the net despite a hefty fee at the time but got support from fans.
Eddie Johnson a cult hero, but scored how many?

To write Kanga off at this point is beyond madness.

People think we just gonna pull a Haaland out of thin air?

Apparently some people do.

Its quite funny when they post topics like this, get a different reaction to what they thought, and fhen disappear.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Tell you what, if a striker read this forum then they’d question whether to join us.

He was unlucky with his shot in the first half that went inches wide. Scored against Burnley and it was disallowed (correctly).

People also need to live in the real world, which isn’t the case on here sometimes. Everyone wants a striker.

Ned, this is yet another thread created by the OP off the back of another’s post…

See: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240571

Genuinely, what chance do our manager/players have when they are written off before the season/team has got going?

Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:00 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Tell you what, if a striker read this forum then they’d question whether to join us.

Ned, this is yet another thread created by the OP off the back of another’s post…

Genuinely, what chance do our manager/players have when they are written off before the season/team has got going?

Chris, is that the same person?

Edit: apologies, I misread.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:05 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

No worries. It’s a regular thing for this OP :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:08 pm

Sven wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

No worries. It’s a regular thing for this OP :ayatollah:

I had noticed unfortunately.

Its as if they WANT our players to fail.

Two starts, and a cameo, and he's the worst striker ever to grace Cardiff City.

Hate to see what he would have thought about Eddie or Dai Thomas for example.