Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cantwell?

Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:32 pm

Rangers pondering cancelling his contract after no interest

Re: Cantwell?

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:26 pm

Todd Cantwell is another who Clement would like to offload before the window slams shut - with the 26-year-old stuck in the B team after submitting a transfer request. Trabzonspor had shown an interest but have yet to follow up with an offer - and suitors do not appear to be queueing up to sign the Englishman.

Speaking to PLZ, pundit Tam McManus reckons that Rangers could be forced to terminate Cantwell's deal to get him off the books. He said: "I thought he started well at Rangers and looked a quality player, but he was involved in a lot of stuff off the pitch. Spats with pundits, posting cryptic messages on Instagram when you are losing games and not player - Rangers fans are not interested in that. Just go on the park, play well and do well.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:24 am

Go get him. He can post what he wants if he performs.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:45 am

Got to be worth season loan with buy option if he,s stuck in B team,get Robbie to have a word

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:48 am

Read the previous posts they are thinking of letting him go on a free

Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:02 pm

Bluebird 67 wrote:Read the previous posts they are thinking of letting him go on a free

No they’re not, Tam McManus ( rhymes with anus) reckons they could be forced into terminating his contract. McManus is a clown who knows fekk all.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:04 pm

maltablue wrote:Got to be worth season loan with buy option if he,s stuck in B team,get Robbie to have a word

This would work for both teams.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:18 pm

quality player but seems toxic ? isnt that why wintle is getting let go ?

Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:33 pm

Transfer decision making guide 27th Aug 25.....

Can he play left back or striker?

Yes - THROW CASH AT HIM

No - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, SIGN A LEFT BACK OR STRIKER. ARE YOU STUPID?

End of guide.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:53 pm

Cantwell is a bit of a big girls blouse in my opinion who thinks he's better than what he is, has his moments though.
I would rather players with a bit of steel to them, up for the fight. The fact other clubs haven't shown interest maybe suggests he's problematic. He didn't set the world alight at Rangers. Not a Cardiff City type player for me.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:34 pm

Cancel his contract we get him on a free surely?

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:33 pm

Free transfer would be very nice or a loan with option to purchase....

Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:27 am

royalblue wrote:Cantwell is a bit of a big girls blouse in my opinion who thinks he's better than what he is, has his moments though.
I would rather players with a bit of steel to them, up for the fight. The fact other clubs haven't shown interest maybe suggests he's problematic. He didn't set the world alight at Rangers. Not a Cardiff City type player for me.

When Cantwell first took the field with a ribbon in his hair, I thought he won’t last 5 minutes in Scotland but the boy can look after himself physically.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:27 am

boyo1927 wrote:Free transfer would be very nice or a loan with option to purchase....

The sensible option.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:22 pm

Sky tonight said 600k could be going to Blackburn

Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:34 pm

Valleyblue56 wrote:Sky tonight said 600k could be going to Blackburn

And lindon dykes to brum

Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:38 pm

Outgoing Todd Cantwell has agreed his Rangers exit - but is waiting for Blackburn Rovers to give the deal the green light.

The English Championship outfit have agreed a six-figure fee to land the want-away Ibrox playmaker. The 26-year-old travelled to Lancashire earlier this week for talks and has agreed a deal with Rovers.

Blackburn manager John Eustace is now waiting for the deal to be signed off by the Rovers’ owners. Blackburn are also interested in a loan deal for Rangers winger Rabbi Matondo but he is among a list of wide options they are considering ahead of the deadline. Cantwell asked to leave Rangers because he didn’t want to stay in Scotland.

Philippe Clement tried to persuade him to remain but the former Norwich player made it clear he wants away. Rangers are actively trying to free up budget by moving on a number of their fringe players. Scott Wright is close to a move to Birmingham City and although they have moved on several players in the window, Rangers are still paying a large chunk of the out-going wages.