Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reindorf - will he be 'with us' tomorrow?

Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:07 pm

I've been watching Reindorf in the U21s for a wee while and have been impressed. He scored a hat trick of goals in one game - which were all well executed. But he wasn't featured in the latest U21s game. He could have been injured of course - but he could also be in contention for the Southampton game. Just a thought. Would love to see him take part.

Re: Reindorf - will he be 'with us' tomorrow?

Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:16 pm

He will be there. Bulut said he wanted to see what he was like against better level competition I believe.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:22 pm

Yeah he’ll be in the squad.

Probably come on off the bench I guess.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:53 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Yeah he’ll be in the squad.

Why not start from the off and pull him if he' s poor
but if he is good
you get more time out of him rather than bringing on as a sub never understood that.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:12 pm

montyblue wrote:

but if he is good
you get more time out of him rather than bringing on as a sub never understood that.

I agree

Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:10 pm

montyblue wrote:

but if he is good

Good idea, Monty. If no good, Bulut could pull him off at half-time. The other players be lucky to get a cup of tea and a quarter of orange! :laughing6:

(Note: Taken from a comment made by the late great Stan Bowles (Man City, QPR and England) where he tells the story of why he only got 9 England caps under Sir Alf Ramsey)

Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:08 pm

montyblue wrote:

but if he is good

Because we also want to win the game. So if you start with a mostly untested young player and they don’t play well then the match could already be lost.

He’s done well when he came on against a League One team, now see how does with 20 minutes against a lower PL team.

If he does well again, then he can be considered to be on the bench for a league game.

If we were playing another League One or League Two team then I’d start him but we’re not.

But making him start against higher opposition is not what’s right for the team or even what’s fair on him.

Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:18 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:He will be there. Bulut said he wanted to see what he was like against better level competition I believe.

Good chance to give the lad some game time .

Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:19 am

He's got what we need , a stronger quicker version of Earnie

Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:51 pm

New Day Rising wrote:He's got what we need , a stronger quicker version of Earnie

Only time will tell if that is anywhere near correct but we can all dream.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:57 pm

montyblue wrote:

but if he is good

Fair play, given his chance from the start.

Hopefully does well.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:17 pm

I was hoping he would be on the bench but so glad he is starting. Let's hope he is able to express himself as he would like to - and give us a goal!

Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:44 pm

Borders Blue wrote:I was hoping he would be on the bench but so glad he is starting. Let's hope he is able to express himself as he would like to - and give us a goal!

Had a good game .

Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:34 am

At this point I think the lad is probably just happy to be in the conversation. Bombed out by his last club (can't remember who they were.)I think in time he may return to haunt them.