Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joel Bagan

Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:38 pm

Can I just clarify, does everyone still think he can’t defend?

Had another very good game tonight…

Re: Joel Bagan

Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:46 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Can I just clarify, does everyone still think he can’t defen

Had another very good game tonight…

I hsve said for a long time put him in left back and release o' dowda

Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:49 pm

Well, I’m glad you said that.

But, that’s funny. Because the other day when I said about starting Bagan because O’Dowda leaves too much space behind him, all I had was a load of abuse, and the words “Joel, can’t defend”

I beg to differ.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:11 pm

Totally agree. He had a brilliant initial break through when he came through with Davies. He's now had a year away on loan and done well and looks more mature as a result.

I really don't know why Bulut is wasting the talent we've got coming through right now.

Colwill and Began should be starting. They're only going to get better with more experience and they're ready.

If O'Dowda isn't getting ahead of others in his best position then he's an impact player until he forces his way ahead.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:52 pm

He seems a lot stronger now, gets stuck in to the tackle and his passing is a lot more accurate. I would start him Saturday as he would be playing in his natural position as opposed to O'Dowda who does seem to get caught out of position. He could be pushed further forward on either side of the pitch.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:31 pm

I would also start Bagan along with colwill for a few games.o dowda on wing with sio and meite dropped

Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:32 pm

Surprised me tonight.

Did very well at times and looked in control.

Proved he can be relied on if needed.

If we don’t sign a LB by Friday night he could have a big part to play at some point this season.