Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Very Pleased to tell everyone that:

Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:06 am

8 of our squad who played v Southampton have been with Cardiff City since they were 8 yr old.

So let’s not get rid, lose them, send them to low leagues, let’s start putting at least a couple in our match day squads.
Blending them in to the team.

There was that never say die attitude that Bulut says in the first team, that we never see, it was with these boys, 3 times came back.

Pace, hunger, desire, a lot skill and goals.

Come on then Erol Bulut:

No more dire , drab football, let’s see more of these players.

Cardiff City XI: Alnwick; Kpakio, Goutas, Fagan-Walcott, Bagan; Rinomhota, Gbadehan; Conte, Colwill, Ashford; Reindorf.

Subs: Turner, Giles, T. Davies, Robertson, Mafico, Twose, Jefferies, Wigley, Nyakuhwa.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Very Pleased to tell everyone that:

Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:29 am

I personally feel it’s now proven in the last 14 yrs we have failed when we personally send our players out on loan.

The best ones should be in our match day squads and can develop with our first team.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:36 am

He s talking about sending them out Annis , and he is saying maybe one more in before 2moro night we need another 6 to replace Siopis at least one striker maybe 2. You said yesterday that they couldn't agree a fee for that striker do you know the figures , we are desperate for a quality striker they hot money in for Mm and Adams surely they have to push the boat for the right striker not bringing in dross

Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:23 am

Bluebird 67 wrote:He s talking about sending them out Annis , and he is saying maybe one more in before 2moro night we need another 6 to replace Siopis at least one striker maybe 2. You said yesterday that they couldn't agree a fee for that striker do you know the figures , we are desperate for a quality striker they hot money in for Mm and Adams surely they have to push the boat for the right striker not bringing in dross

I would not be sending them out as for me they should be developing with our first team.
We have totally failed sending our Accademy players out.

As to the Striker, Bulut is looking to bring in a loan striker, they are not prepared to pay the money despite all the money they’ve so far received.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:52 am

Mid table then , at best

Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:57 am

Absolutely spot on Annis. Do not send them out on loan. They should be around our first teamers and if the latter are not performing they should be replaced by the enthusiastic youngsters. They will learn NOTHING playing in the lower leagues. Absolute waste of time. Indeed I would play Reindorf instead of Kanga. Is Meite any better than Conte! Bagan should play full back and push O’Dowda forward to share duties with Willock. I tell you now if O’Dowda plays continuously until Collins returns he will breakdown. It’s so bloody short sighted. And sadly as I’ve said time and time again we are prepared to have centre backs but NEVER pay out for a quality striker. It’s unbelievable. Is the money received from transfers to pay for Dalmans interest on the money loaner to him?
The best game I’ve seen for ages yesterday despite the loss. Bullit said Reindorf going out on loan would help him work on his weaknesses. That’s his job and the coaches we employ to do this. Why instead of the negatives look at the positives - enthusiasm, pace and strength. This is what we need.
KEEP THE YOUNGSTERS

Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:57 am

If this is the case some credit must go to the U 21 manager. :lol:

Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:8 of our squad who played v Southampton have been with Cardiff City since they were 8 yr old.

So let’s not get rid, lose them, send them to low leagues, let’s start putting at least a couple in our match day squads.
Blending them in to the team.

There was that never say die attitude that Bulut says in the first team, that we never see, it was with these boys, 3 times came back.

Pace, hunger, desire, a lot skill and goals.

Come on then Erol Bulut:
:bluebird:
No more dire , drab football, let’s see more of these players.

Cardiff City XI: Alnwick; Kpakio, Goutas, Fagan-Walcott, Bagan; Rinomhota, Gbadehan; Conte, Colwill, Ashford; Reindorf.

Subs: Turner, Giles, T. Davies, Robertson, Mafico, Twose, Jefferies, Wigley, Nyakuhwa.
exactly ! These young men have shown great loyalty to our club and supporters and need to see some light at the end of the tunnel. They need to be encouraged by seeing each other break into the squad/team.‘Encouragement is the oxygen of the soul’ :bluebird:

Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:05 am

Well done the academy the years of investment in tne infrastructure in south wales is starting to pay off .

Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:07 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:If this is the case some credit must go to the U 21 manager. :lol:

Only if they succeed

They do amazing in the U16’s, U18,’s , from their well the facts speak for themselves.

Purse loves sending them out.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:10 am

Brezza wrote:Absolutely spot on Annis. Do not send them out on loan. They should be around our first teamers and if the latter are not performing they should be replaced by the enthusiastic youngsters. They will learn NOTHING playing in the lower leagues. Absolute waste of time. Indeed I would play Reindorf instead of Kanga. Is Meite any better than Conte! Bagan should play full back and push O’Dowda forward to share duties with Willock. I tell you now if O’Dowda plays continuously until Collins returns he will breakdown. It’s so bloody short sighted. And sadly as I’ve said time and time again we are prepared to have centre backs but NEVER pay out for a quality striker. It’s unbelievable. Is the money received from transfers to pay for Dalmans interest on the money loaner to him?
The best game I’ve seen for ages yesterday despite the loss. Bullit said Reindorf going out on loan would help him work on his weaknesses. That’s his job and the coaches we employ to do this. Why instead of the negatives look at the positives - enthusiasm, pace and strength. This is what we need.
KEEP THE YOUNGSTERS

Brezza,

No need to send them out, I agree, let’s push them and get them involved with the first team.

Just one example Bulut / The Media/ The Fans praised Eli King and guess what we’ve sent him back out for 3rd time and he’s going on one place now down hill.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:If this is the case some credit must go to the U 21 manager. :lol:

Only if they succeed

They do amazing in the U16’s, U18,’s , from their well the facts speak for themselves.

The best players have been poached at18 imagine if they hadn't been

Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:25 am

I think sending them out in their teens has had mixed results in the past. Isaak seems to have benefitted, more intergration into the first team matchday experience and some cameo sub appearances is good, but also Caraboa cup games are perfect. Not a Bulut fan, but I stick up for his selection that many criticized last night, I loved watching that last night. Im as passionate of our academy and local talent as I am of our first team! If Purse is as bad as many have claimed on here, then after what I have seen of our youngsters, not forgetting young Colwill on loan too, then with a better coach they would be doing amazing! Maybe Purse isnt that bad after all?

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Only if they succeed

The best players have been poached at18 imagine if they hadn't been

Yes 4-5 players in 14 yrs, but as you know we have the facilities for Category A (1) but needed better qualified coaches, to get it, but the Hierarchy won’t pay for them, so we can’t keep players sometimes, but we have had money for the 4 players in 14 years.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:23 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:I think sending them out in their teens has had mixed results in the past. Isaak seems to have benefitted, more intergration into the first team matchday experience and some cameo sub appearances is good, but also Caraboa cup games are perfect. Not a Bulut fan, but I stick up for his selection that many criticized last night, I loved watching that last night. Im as passionate of our academy and local talent as I am of our first team! If Purse is as bad as many have claimed on here, then after what I have seen of our youngsters, not forgetting young Colwill on loan too, then with a better coach they would be doing amazing! Maybe Purse isnt that bad after all?

Yes Isaak looked good, away in Belgium but playing here since we need to see, so we really don’t know yet??

Def would do better with a better Coach than Purse, but he’s cheap.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:50 pm

its a tough one, sit on the bench and maybe get 5 minutes IF we're winning here and there, or playing week in week out against men in league one and league two. you ask any pro, they would say the same, first team football beats being on the bench.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:51 pm

bluebird04 wrote:its a tough one, sit on the bench and maybe get 5 minutes IF we're winning here and there, or playing week in week out against men in league one and league two. you ask any pro, they would say the same, first team football beats being on the bench.

Agree.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:05 pm

They did well last night against a Southampton team with quality but it’s one game, and remember that Southampton team had also never played together.

I think it’s more beneficial getting regular minutes in League One or League Two than playing the odd ten minutes in the Championship or more academy football.

Because let’s be real, they are not going to start Championship games.

I wouldn’t start Conte ahead of El Ghazi, Kpakio ahead of Ng, Fagan-Walcott ahead of Daland, Reindorf ahead of Robinson etc.

They just aren’t as good as those players yet.

With successful loans, they will only become better players.

Just look at Alex Robertson. Had a loan in League One last season and it made him well equipped for the Championship.

Arsenal sent Aaron Ramsey on loan to Forest and us, massively helped his career.

So I say loan them out.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:30 pm

Brezza wrote:Absolutely spot on Annis. Do not send them out on loan. They should be around our first teamers and if the latter are not performing they should be replaced by the enthusiastic youngsters. They will learn NOTHING playing in the lower leagues. Absolute waste of time. Indeed I would play Reindorf instead of Kanga. Is Meite any better than Conte! Bagan should play full back and push O’Dowda forward to share duties with Willock. I tell you now if O’Dowda plays continuously until Collins returns he will breakdown. It’s so bloody short sighted. And sadly as I’ve said time and time again we are prepared to have centre backs but NEVER pay out for a quality striker. It’s unbelievable. Is the money received from transfers to pay for Dalmans interest on the money loaner to him?
KEEP THE YOUNGSTERS

Totally agree with this. FFS Bulut, do your job comprehensively and integrate these youngsters, some of which are clearly as good as underperforming first teamers.

Enough pointless loans out to shit lower league clubs. Start looking at the bigger picture and use these enthusiastic young guys to save your job!