Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Birmingham

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:35 am

how the he'll can they be offering £9m for stansfield, how is this not infringing ffp especially as they've already broken the league one transfer record twice this window.
Answers please?

Re: Birmingham

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:44 am

As far as I am aware ffp in league 1 and 2 are different to the championship this is what I found on the EFL website
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:44 am

They sold Bellingham for £25m last year and got extra money this year.

Sold other players this summer too.

Could still all end badly for them because they’re spending a lot.

Doubt they’ll get Stansfield, Fulham turned down their £10m offer. They want him as part of their squad.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:10 am

So they can basically put money in and buy players the owners .

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:20 am

thanks for clarification. as you say if Tey don't go up this season could be a fire sale next!

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:34 pm

Looks like this signing may go through.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:14 pm

Stansfield is still a Fulham player to this point unless - Birmingham have put in a Deal Sheet by 9.00pm tonight.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:49 pm

Birmingham have signed Jay Stansfield from Fulham for a reported fee of £10m, which would be a massive new record transfer for a League One club.

The 21-year-old spent the 2023-24 on loan with Blues having made six appearances for the Cottagers.

Stansfield said: "I’ve taken this choice and opportunity to go and play first-team football, and taken this next challenge to be able to develop my career, not just as a player but as a person."

The Deal Sheet- Went In ;)

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:52 pm

A bit more on Jay Stansfield's move from Fulham to Birmingham - the 21-year-old has signed a seven-year contract with Blues.

Stansfield said: "I am absolutely buzzing. When I left, from the awards evening, the reaction from all the fans, even though it was a really tough season for Birmingham as a club and it didn't end the way we wanted it to end.

"I thought it was only right for me to come back here and take on this next challenge, and be part of such an amazing club and amazing project."

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:53 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Birmingham have signed Jay Stansfield from Fulham for a reported fee of £10m, which would be a massive new record transfer for a League One club.

The 21-year-old spent the 2023-24 on loan with Blues having made six appearances for the Cottagers.

Stansfield said: "I’ve taken this choice and opportunity to go and play first-team football, and taken this next challenge to be able to develop my career, not just as a player but as a person."

The Deal Sheet- Went In ;)

Have our Deal Sheets arrived yet Top Cat?

Or have we sent them second class post as usual?

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:57 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:A bit more on Jay Stansfield's move from Fulham to Birmingham - the 21-year-old has signed a seven-year contract with Blues.

Stansfield said: "I am absolutely buzzing. When I left, from the awards evening, the reaction from all the fans, even though it was a really tough season for Birmingham as a club and it didn't end the way we wanted it to end.

"I thought it was only right for me to come back here and take on this next challenge, and be part of such an amazing club and amazing project."

Seven year contract :o

Like Chelsea do, Birmingham are spreading his salary over a seven year contract to avoid falling foul of FFP which in League one is based on salary percentages rather than annual losses.

Bending the rules to suit their agenda.

Hope they stay down.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:59 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:A bit more on Jay Stansfield's move from Fulham to Birmingham - the 21-year-old has signed a seven-year contract with Blues.

Hope they fail! Absolutely crazy situation paying 3 times the norm for a player with no garauntee of promotion is playing with fire.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:04 pm

The actual fee for Stansfield:

£15m up front
£5m in add ons
£100k if Birmingham go up this season
20% sell on fee

Just ridiculous for a League One club.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:12 pm

Birmingham are rolling the dice with this one ...

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:18 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The actual fee for Stansfield:

£15m up front
£5m in add ons
20% sell on fee

Absolutely absurd figures. When you consider Liverpool have just bought a Euro’s winner for £12.5m it almost makes a mockery of it. If that’s the figures being banded about for a striker I’m not shocked at all that we didn’t sign one.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:23 am

£15m up front
£5m in add ons
20% sell on fee

£12m being reported on Sky. Still ridiculous though.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:11 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

£15m up front
£5m in add ons
20% sell on fee

£12m being reported on Sky. Still ridiculous though.

Sky are downplaying it, these figures are from someone within Birmingham.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:26 am

Am I right in thinking that they are using the Bellingham money to offset this?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:52 am

Lkd88 wrote:Am I right in thinking that they are using the Bellingham money to offset this?

They also sold Jordan James for a reported 8million

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:55 am

Smart business then, re invest in a goal scorer

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:07 am

thomas9990 wrote:
Lkd88 wrote:Am I right in thinking that they are using the Bellingham money to offset this?

They also sold Jordan James for a reported 8million

They've also spent big on other sighnings plus they probably lose millions every season? They’re well supported but that is not enough in div1 ... got lucky with Bellingham and doubt if 25m was upfront ..... but good luck to them they’ll need it.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:56 am

The long contracts are to help clubs manage FFP. The value depreciates over the life of the contract. Making their valuation reman higher for longer. As Chelsea have been doing.