Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Official “ Full details on Roko Simić transfer “

Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:51 pm

Fabrizio Romano (extremely reliable):

Cardiff agree deal to sign Roko Simić from RB Salzburg!

Will immediately join Vincent Tans Belgium club.

21 yrs old in 10 days.

€2m transfer fee, €500k add-ons, 10% sell-on clause.

Direct loan to Kortrijk.

OFFICIAL:

Cardiff City FC are pleased to announce the signing of Roko Šimić.

Roko has signed a four-year deal with the Bluebirds, joining from Red Bull Salzburg for an undisclosed fee.

He is also a Croatian youth international up to and including U21 level, where he has scored eight times in 17 appearances. The young striker stands at an imposing 6'3.

Šimić’s signing comes with the Club’s long-term recruitment strategy in mind. The centre-forward will shortly go out on loan for the 2024/25 campaign. The 20-year-old’s development will be closely monitored throughout the season by Club staff.

Welcome to Cardiff City, Roko, and all the very best this season.

EROL BULUT:

Breaking Erol Bulut Speaks on New Striker Signing:

Speaking about the signing of Simic:

“This is a club and Board signing for the future.”

“He will have a loan to Kortrijk.”

“But we still have a little bit of time to get a player in, I hope. But it's not easy. To bring only one in... it has to be the right person.”

“About Roko Simic I cannot speak many things.”

“ It’s a club signing, not mine, so how I know he will get loaned to Kortrijk. Maybe in the future he will be good for Cardiff but for now I cannot say any more."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Full details on Roko Simić transfer

Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:55 pm

WTF??????!!!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:57 pm

I’ve got a feeling this is great business by the club. Granted we still need a striker for ourselves but he looks very promising and still only 20.

Loving the fact all these young signings are getting long term deals. It gives us a decent chance of getting a good value for them if they live up to expectation, and also we get to keep them for a longer time if we keep hold of them.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:00 pm

Beyond ridiculous. For that fee and the fact he is 20 years old he should be with us. He will learn nothing there.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:01 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I’ve got a feeling this is great business by the club. Granted we still need a striker for ourselves but he looks very promising and still only 20.

So he will be 21 next year
Big deal and is he going to improve in belguim i would rather him play here from the bench regulary and if good enough from the start.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:03 pm

His sighning is running parallel with who bulut wants ...so no effect on his targets and could turn out to be good signing for club only time will tell on that score....

Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:06 pm

Probably because of FFP (or whatever it’s called these days) rules which we need to stay within

Tan’s club will probably pay loan fee, wages etc before he comes to us next season

Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:14 pm

I'd rather him play for us....but I don't see an issue with this, as long has it hasn't affected our transfer budget.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:15 pm

Blue Valley wrote:I don't see an issue with this, as long has it hasn't affected our transfer budget.

I guess it’s made people angry that we have spent 2mil on a promising striker who by all reports hasn’t looked out of place in champions league matches while we are still desperate for a striker ourselves.

Taking emotion out of it it could be good business next year but next year we could be in league 1 without a striker

Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:22 pm

Lkd88 wrote:
Blue Valley wrote:I don't see an issue with this, as long has it hasn't affected our transfer budget.

I guess it’s made people angry that we have spent 2mil on a promising striker who by all reports hasn’t looked out of place in champions league matches while we are still desperate for a striker ourselves.

Taking emotion out of it it could be good business next year but next year we could be in league 1 without a striker

Yeah I agree with that point, I would of wanted him to stay with us or us spend that money on a striker.

Lets hope we bring someone decent in as well :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:23 pm

I would be gobsmacked if we don't bring in another striker today now he's been loaned out .

Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:58 pm

If he has a half decent season in Belgium he'll attract a fair bit of interest we may never see him in a Cardiff shirt. I think some on here underestimated the strength of the Belgian league.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:31 pm

Šimić could face challenges obtaining a work permit in the UK if he does not meet the FA's criteria for national team appearances, or if his points total under the GBE system is insufficient due to factors like the quality of the Austrian Bundesliga, his participation in continental competitions, and the salary offered by Cardiff City. These factors could all contribute to the work permit application potentially falling short of the requirements.

My theory is he needs to play in Belgium is top division to gain the points to get a work permit.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:41 pm

Einstein wrote:Šimić could face challenges obtaining a work permit in the UK if he does not meet the FA's criteria for national team appearances, or if his points total under the GBE system is insufficient due to factors like the quality of the Austrian Bundesliga, his participation in continental competitions, and the salary offered by Cardiff City. These factors could all contribute to the work permit application potentially falling short of the requirements.

My theory is he needs to play in Belgium is top division to gain the points to get a work permit.

Makes sense

Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:42 pm

Einstein wrote:Šimić could face challenges obtaining a work permit in the UK if he does not meet the FA's criteria for national team appearances, or if his points total under the GBE system is insufficient due to factors like the quality of the Austrian Bundesliga, his participation in continental competitions, and the salary offered by Cardiff City. These factors could all contribute to the work permit application potentially falling short of the requirements.

There’s no issues with a work permit and we have a recall option.

We are trying to bring players in still but if we don’t, feels like a massive mistake loaning him out.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:46 pm

If I've understood the upfront fees alone involved in all our signings so far, doesn't this make Simic our highest transfer fee paid to date this season...and he's being loaned out???

Only at CCFC!

Re: Official “ Full details on Roko Simić transfer “

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:04 pm

Cardiff City FC are pleased to announce the signing of Roko Šimić.

Roko has signed a four-year deal with the Bluebirds, joining from Red Bull Salzburg for an undisclosed fee.

He is also a Croatian youth international up to and including U21 level, where he has scored eight times in 17 appearances. The young striker stands at an imposing 6'3.

Šimić’s signing comes with the Club’s long-term recruitment strategy in mind. The centre-forward will shortly go out on loan for the 2024/25 campaign. The 20-year-old’s development will be closely monitored throughout the season by Club staff.

Welcome to Cardiff City, Roko, and all the very best this season.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:18 pm

Absolutely shite transfer for the club I love

I am fuming

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:21 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I’ve got a feeling this is great business by the club. Granted we still need a striker for ourselves but he looks very promising and still only 20.

21 yrs old in 10 days and you would say it’s great business what ever Tan does.

Pathetic business and only helping his Belgium club

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:23 pm

montyblue wrote:

So he will be 21 next year
Big deal and is he going to improve in belguim i would rather him play here from the bench regulary and if good enough from the start.

He’s 21 in 10 days time

This does not help Cardiff at all

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

21 yrs old in 10 days and you would say it’s great business what ever Tan does.

Pathetic business and only helping his Belgium club

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone’s got one. And mine is that I think it is good business. We’ve had him for €2m and up to 500k in add ons. According to tranfrmarkt he’s worth 6m. He’s had CL experience and plays for Croatia U21’s, also his father was a very very good player. So I can’t see how this is a bad transfer at all, yes we need a striker and I would prefer he stayed here. But there’s obviously reasons as to why he’s been loaned out for the season, which I’m sure will come to light soon enough. As others have mentioned previously could be work permit reasons.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:27 pm

Why are we loaning him out though?

We are desperate for a new striker and then when we sign one we just send him to Kortrijk for the season?

Starting to wonder whether Kortrijk are the feeder club or is it actually us??

Yet another example of Tan looking after Kortrijk but not giving a shit about us as usual.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Why are we loaning him out though?

We are desperate for a new striker and then when we sign one we just send him to Kortrijk for the season?

Starting to wonder whether Kortrijk are the feeder club or is it actually it’s??

Yet another example of Tan looking after Kortrijk but not giving a shit about us as usual.

Agreed with you that I’d like to see him stay with us. But I’d imagine there is a genuine reason why.

Not sure how you can say tan hasn’t looked after us with the signings we’ve already made. We’re an awfully lot more stronger this season than we were last. But the biggest issue is the striker missing, I don’t think we were ever going to be getting another striker until Etete and Davies were injured. And I think we’ve been left wanting now, but as Erol said yesterday he’s not going to go and get one just for the sake of it. He’ll only get one in if it’s to go straight into the team and be a game changer.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:35 pm

Starting to wonder whether Kortrijk are the feeder club or is it actually it’s??

Ned,

You know me, I am 100% honest

This is all to help Tans Belgium club

This is absolutely awful for Cardiff City

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:36 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:

Agreed with you that I’d like to see him stay with us. But I’d imagine there is a genuine reason why.

Not sure how you can say tan hasn’t looked after us with the signings we’ve already made. We’re an awfully lot more stronger this season than we were last. But the biggest issue is the striker missing, I don’t think we were ever going to be getting another striker until Etete and Davies were injured. And I think we’ve been left wanting now, but as Erol said yesterday he’s not going to go and get one just for the sake of it. He’ll only get one in if it’s to go straight into the team and be a game changer.

Kortrijk have seven strikers and they need him more than we do?

It’s bollocks, like I said Tan cares more about them than he does about us.

It’s not good enough.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:40 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:

Kortrijk have seven strikers and they need him more than we do?

It’s bollocks, like I said Tan cares more about them than he does about us.

It’s not good enough.

That’s not factual that he cares more about them than us. The Belgian league is definitely of a better standard to us, especially the top half. Until we know the reasoning behind him going there your argument is all circumstantial.
My point has been and always will be that this is great business by the CLUB (not Tan) for reasons I have already stated in above posts. Not sure how it’s turned into a thread to slag off Tan.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:41 pm

According to Wales Online City have put a clause in to say we can call him back in January if we want to

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:44 pm

Even I am struggling to find the logic behind spending 2m+ on striker who is quite experienced certainly enough to play in our 1st team yet loaned out all be with recall option..... one thing cannot fathom is with us got chance of resale more than we paid...with this team no chance of making anywhere like the amount with us... but I'm sure within tans Asian logic theres a rationale for this sighning but its lost on me.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:44 pm

Where is our striker?

Bluebirds first, really not happy with this.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:46 pm

f**k this, City are desperate, and Tan does this?
Bulut has said it’s nothing to do with him.