Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It is no wonder...

Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:45 pm

Why we haven't brought in another striker as of yet.

Kanga was brought in early. Had made two starts and lots of people immediately labeled him crap, not good enough.

Same with Diedhou last season.

If the manager reads this forum (no doubt he hears about things said on here) then no wonder he is taking his time.

If he brought in another striker early, and it wasn't an immediate return, people would yet again be saying crap, useless, bla bla. Asking for the managers head even more.

Add that to the fact EVERYONE and their dogs want that cutting edge striker.

No wonder.

Some people have an over inflated expectation.

Re: It is no wonder...

Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:16 pm

Last had a good striker 4 years ago. Is that long enough to wait?

Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:21 pm

Brezza wrote:Last had a good striker 4 years ago. Is that long enough to wait?

This

Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:38 pm

That’s the last time we played football that created chances. We wouldn’t create enough for Haaland.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:55 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

That’s the last time we played football that created chances. We wouldn’t create enough for Haaland.

Yet many on here were desperate for Bulut to stay and were confident that we would get top 6 and there was even talk of top 2 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:57 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Why we haven't brought in another striker as of yet.

Kanga was brought in early. Had made two starts and lots of people immediately labeled him crap, not good enough.

If the manager reads this forum (no doubt he hears about things said on here) then no wonder he is taking his time.

If he brought in another striker early, and it wasn't an immediate return, people would yet again be saying crap, useless, bla bla. Asking for the managers head even more.

No wonder.

Fans are not dumb we can spot a donkey a mile off and fans are usually spot on.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:01 pm

Our problem is that our current manager is very poor. Absolutely, no idea what is required for Championship success.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:12 pm

montyblue wrote:

No wonder.

Yeah so spot on, so spot on that they are on a forum and not bidding on a player to join a club.

How could I not see that. Silly me.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:16 pm

davids wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Yet many on here were desperate for Bulut to stay and were confident that we would get top 6 and there was even talk of top 2 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, he has the players. He just needs to adapt his piss poor playing style.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:11 pm

What a terrible post.

People label him not good enough because he's exactly that. 3 games and pre season and he's done nothing, nothing even to show when it clicks he's going to be decent.

Same with Diedhiou 2 goals in 15 games and an absolute donkey.

How long do you want a list of donkeys that the so called experts have brought in up front? Uche Ikpeazu, Watters, Hugill, Etete, Wickham, Meite, Vassell, Niasse etc etc
These players are free/available for loan or journey men because they're not good enough

Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:44 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
montyblue wrote:

No wonder.

Yeah so spot on, so spot on that they are on a forum and not bidding on a player to join a club.

The same forum as you. But let me guess you better than the rest of us.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:12 pm

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
montyblue wrote:

No wonder.

The same forum as you. But let me guess you better than the rest of us.

No, but I'm not the one writing our players off after 3 games. You lot are with your clear UEFA A licences.