Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Mahlon Romeo leaves “

Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:47 pm

Cardiff City and Mahlon Romeo have agreed to terminate his contract by mutual consent to allow the player to seek other opportunities.

Mahlon was signed by Steve Morison in the summer of 2022, made 51 appearances for the Bluebirds across two seasons, and departs now seeking First Team chances.

We wish Mahlon well for the future.

Re: “ Mahlon Romeo leaves “

Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:54 pm

IMG_3414.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:59 pm

It’s being suggested on twitter that we have too many senior players as in 28 over 21 year olds and can only register 25?

Possibly timed to allow one in with others such as Conte also going out on loan to free up spaces

Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:03 pm

Good

Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:13 pm

Guess we didn't get any offers for him then

Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:34 pm

Floppsy wrote:Guess we didn't get any offers for him then

Looks that way .

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:25 am

I can see him getting a contract with Millwall

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:35 am

I was happy when we signed him as he always looked decent for Millwall, but maybe i just caught him on his good days as he was inconsistent. An L1 or L2 player on a championship contract was always going to be hard to shift.

Probably the only fan base that may excuse what he said to the coppers are Millwall, but I can't see many clubs on "Rainbow lace" days wanting to be reminded of what their "Mr Righton" player said and recorded in court.