Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ DON’T WORRY / GOOD NEWS “

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:06 pm

So despite being desperate for another striker, we didn’t manage to bring one in at the end of the window.

Not one that can play for us in the coming weeks anyway.

BUT DON’T WORRY BECAUSE HERE’S THE GOOD NEWS:

The club tried their best…. And failed (again)

Tan has made sure that Kortrijk have signed a new striker by buying him through us

Dalman will promise us all that we’ll bring in the players we need in January (again)

Next summer we will be told that it’s the window where we will bring in a top striker (again)

Re: “ DON’T WORRY / GOOD NEWS “

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:11 pm

Joke club.Buying wingers and defenders until they come out of our ears but no striker is criminal.Big struggle for goals now. :bluebird:

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:So despite being desperate for another striker, we didn’t manage to bring one in at the end of the window.

Not one that can play for us in the coming weeks anyway.

BUT DON’T WORRY BECAUSE HERE’S THE GOOD NEWS:

The club tried their best…. And failed (again)

Tan has made sure that Kortrijk have signed a new striker by buying him through us

Dalman will promise us all that we’ll bring in the players we need in January (again)

Next summer we will be told that it’s the window where we will bring in a top striker (again)

That would be funny if it wasn't so true.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:12 pm

Not your fault Ned ,I fear you are being used to spread their bullshit whoever your source is I would dump them
Dalman and the circus at it again.
We will not progress under this lot

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:17 pm

Is it the club or is it bulut? He mentions costs ect ealier this week but surely there are strikers out there who does not cost millions? What makes me think this is tan sighns player around 2m nothing to do with bulut do if tans willing to spend 2m what reason does he have for not spending around 1.5m for a player on loan unless bulut cannot decide what he wants? Something does not add up

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:18 pm

Chuckle brothers strike again..players going back and for to Kortrijk
To me to you
To you to me

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Is it the club or is it bulut? He mentions costs ect ealier this week but surely there are strikers out there who does not cost millions? What makes me think this is tan sighns player around 2m nothing to do with bulut do if tans willing to spend 2m what reason does he have for not spending around 1.5m for a player on loan unless bulut cannot decide what he wants? Something does not add up

I'm sure that when Bulut signed his new deal it was said that Tan would be backing him financially?

Doesn't seem to have stuck to his word. Wouldn't be the first time though.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:22 pm

It's down to the manager and the players to cover up this mess from now to Jan - Form this backing the team ...

We ALL known on here that a striker was needed apart from Kanga to add to this squad ( much needed )

One last point - We have got in 3 new CH - and sold 1 - while we could have gone back in and got Nat Phillips on loan again .
Or got Kipre on a Free .....

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:26 pm

Shambles

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:28 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:It's down to the manager and the players to cover up this mess from now to Jan - Form this backing the team ...

We ALL known on here that a striker was needed apart from Kanga to add to this squad ( much needed )

One last point - We have got in 3 new CH - and sold 1 - while we could have gone back in and got Nat Phillips on loan again .

Phillips is a strange one.

It seemed he enjoyed his time here last season and was open to a return yet we seem to have shown no interest in getting him back.

Phillips and Daland would have made for a solid centre of our defence.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:30 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Is it the club or is it bulut? He mentions costs ect ealier this week but surely there are strikers out there who does not cost millions? What makes me think this is tan sighns player around 2m nothing to do with bulut do if tans willing to spend 2m what reason does he have for not spending around 1.5m for a player on loan unless bulut cannot decide what he wants? Something does not add up

I'm sure that when Bulut signed his new deal it was said that Tan would be backing him financially?

Doesn't seem to have stuck to his word. Wouldn't be the first time though.

He as backed him that's the point got in 6+ players was upto bulut to choose type player he wants.... he as chosen not to sign striker ... and this week says decent striker cost to much well why didn't he use the cost of 2 or 3 players including our loan striker to get in the most important player club needed and make do with some youngsters to fill gap ? Mad as tan is he us not going to spend 2m on a player and say to bulut puss off not giving you anything for your team.....

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:44 pm

He's been back and it sounds like he didn't want this striker .

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:He's been back and it sounds like he didn't want this striker .

“This is a club and Board signing for the future.” this is what the manager said does that not tell you anything....

If they we got rid of every player and played kids as in 17 year olds not 22 and 23 year old MEN you would say the club backed the manager irrelevant of what's went out and what was made money or wise or wages free so to speak.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:57 pm

davids wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:It's down to the manager and the players to cover up this mess from now to Jan - Form this backing the team ...

It seemed he enjoyed his time here last season and was open to a return yet we seem to have shown no interest in getting him back.

That was my point he was happy here and was happy to come back - But the news was he was going to be sold ???

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:26 pm

I'm genuinely baffled that after 3 years and 6 transfer windows, we still find ourselves without a striker.

If it's so difficult how can a team like Stoke sign 2 forwards on loan.

The ink was barely dry on Koumas' Liverpool contact before he was confirmed.

Middlesbrough already have a 20 goal a season striker but can secure another on loan.

Unfortunately a league 1 club have shown far more ambition than us when securing they're number 1 target.

My only hope is Robinson can step up until Jan, although we'll probably sign another 2 x CB 3 x wingers and 2 x projects for the future.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:35 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
davids wrote:

That was my point he was happy here and was happy to come back - But the news was he was going to be sold ???

Liverpool wanted to sell and the price was too high. We looked elsewhere and got new defenders in. On deadline day unsurprisingly no one offered the money Liverpool wanted so offered him for loan again and we weren’t going to get another defender in.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:28 am

No left back, either. That is just foolish.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:47 am

Another hard watch again this season :banghead:

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:13 am

Is the loan market not still available?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:13 am

Is the loan market not still available?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:07 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Is the loan market not still available?

Only free transfers now