Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Was Bulut backed?

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:21 pm

Has Tan really backed Bulut?
Yes we have paid fees for a couple of players but have recouped alot of that through the mcguinness sale and wages for new players also eased by the loan players from last year who are not here now

Re: Was Bulut backed?

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:28 pm

Nope, backing is spending big on a striker.

Not buying a striker the manager knows nothing about and sending him out on loan.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:35 pm

danielrees17 wrote:Has Tan really backed Bulut?
Yes we have paid fees for a couple of players but have recouped alot of that through the mcguinness sale and wages for new players also eased by the loan players from last year who are not here now

Nope never was backed the club lie through there teeth to be honest it's the same thing over and over and like you said the amount we have paid out and the players moved on or sold covers all that and more.

It's nothing I didn't expect to be in truth. I said it before a ball was kicked what was coming this season. While the ones living on cloud nine kept saying there's months to go then weeks to go and days to go as anything else was deemed negative, maybe only now they realise what I was talking about. Then again I won't hold my breath.

Anyone who thinks this side is anywhere near a top six side really needs to go get themselves checked out at a fruitcake clinic tbh just my opinion of course but all the above won't stop me from going as that's what us fans do :bluescarf:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:35 pm

Good Question - We spent money but We also got money in from 2 players and letting players go ....
The Answer is have we got the right players in for the right places - for me No .

We needed another Striker to start off with and spending money on a player we let go out on loan - is not the answer .

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:39 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good Question - We spent money but We also got money in from 2 players and letting players go ....
The Answer is have we got the right players in for the right places - for me No .

We needed another Striker to start off with and spending money on a player we let go out on loan - is not the answer .

And we needed a left back too.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:46 pm

Yes he was backed but spent all the money signing injured players

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good Question - We spent money but We also got money in from 2 players and letting players go ....

Tony your right we spent money but on the wrong players striker and left back was wanted ... if Tan was willing to spend 2m on player and then loan him out yet bulut said striker cost to much... did bulut have a set budget and he chose not to spend big portion on striker after all got one in on loan instead! Is the problem bulut rather than tan/dalman?
Last edited by pembroke allan on Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davids wrote:

And we needed a left back too.

As I said a striker to start off with ...3 CH we have paid money for 2 and a LB another position which has been overlooked ??

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:47 pm

I can see the conversation now:-

Tan "Erol - you need to sign a striker as our goalkeepers don't score enough goals!"

Bulut - "I don't need a striker - they don't defend well enough for me. I need another two centre halves"

Tan - "f**k it. I'll buy someone I've never heard of and send him to Belgium and hope he turns into a £20m player like Isaak Davies"
Last edited by davids on Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All of the McGuiness money has been used to buy new signings so to some extent Bulut has been backed.

But to not prioritise a quality striker with that money is shocking. Kanga looks OK but he's nothing special. We desperately need a goal scorer and, although they are hard to come by, my god the club has had months (years even) to pin one down and they've failed.

A very disappointing end to the window!

Strange one.

I don't think he was backed ( the club is run by politicians)but he doesn't help himself either. That negative first have we have every game is a burden.
Uninspiring, not exciting, etc.
Those kids Wednesday were the first enjoyable game over seen for ages.

No quality striker and always shipping goals is a poor recipie.
Unless he is the championship Arteta and blending something good slowly.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:54 pm

davids wrote:I can see the conversation now:-

Tan "Erol - you need to sign a striker as our goalkeepers don't score enough goals!"

Bulut - "I don't need a striker - they don't defend well enough for me. I need another two centre halves"

Tan - "f**k it. I'll buy someone I've never heard of and send him to Belgium and hope he turns into a £20m player like Isaak Davies"

Tung in cheek may be David but got element of truth in what you say? He's ultra defensive so why buy a striker doesn't need one really.... ever noticed we defend corners ect with 11 men back every time so striker not required while opposition keep at least one up usually two.. and the new sighning as potential to be worth more than the 2m payed for...so is Tan a genius.. :D

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:01 pm

Unfortunately a 15 to 20 goal a season striker will cost you £10, 000,000 plus.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:02 pm

Impossible to say he was backed.

All we spent was the money we got from McGuinness and Adams, in fact we more or less made a profit from that.

People will say that it means we can spend in January or next summer, but we all know we won’t.

Desperately needed a striker so we sent him on loan to Kortrijk.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:46 am

We are in a relegation battle

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:07 am

Just don’t get where the goals are going to come from

We have the same toothless attack as previous seasons

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:22 am

I think we can say that the playoffs this year are probably over now. We needed at least a ready made striker that was ready to hit the ground running. However in more positive news we have made the permanent signings of some potentially really good young players. Alex Robertson is 21 and looks good already, the new guy Šimić is only 20 and has already played in Europe. Daland is only 23 and fish is 21. El ghazi is probably only going to stay for a year and then go to a bigger championship club or small premier league club when he’s proven his fitness. However future looks brighter than usual when we just fill our squad with 5 loans and hope for the best. At least we have players that will be here next year this time. However no striker signed is the end of any slim hopes at the playoffs this year for me