Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO THE HIERARCHY SEND APPARENTLY 2 OF OUR MOST TALENTED YOUN

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:31 pm

Raheem Conte has signed for Woking on loan until the end of the season.

Woking play in the National League, the fifth tier.

Raheem Conte Will be 22 yrs old soon and we send him to the Non league??

Malachi Fagan-Walcott has joined York City on loan until the end of the season.

Like with Conte, it means that he will spend the season in the National League which is the fifth tier.

22 yrs old and we send him to Non League??

Re: “ Raheem Conte goes to non league “

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:35 pm

Sign him on a one year contract with an option and then send him on loan for a year... Shambles

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Raheem Conte has signed for Woking on loan until the end of the season.

Another ridiculous decision.

What is going on at our club?

You could make an argument for Conte staying with the first team squad based on what we've seen of him so far but if he goes on loan surely it needs to be a League 1 team.

I wouldn't want him to go League 2 to be honest but non league?

FFS - who makes these decisions?

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:40 pm

davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Raheem Conte has signed for Woking on loan until the end of the season.

You could make an argument for Conte staying with the first team squad based on what we've seen of him so far but if he goes on loan surely it needs to be a League 1 team.

Spot on. Sick with how this club is run, they really don’t have a clue.

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:41 pm

What is the point in this - the lad has talent ...Give him to a league 2 club ( there is one down the road ) ...

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:What is the point in this - the lad has talent ...Give him to a league 2 club ( there is one down the road ) ...

Exactly this!!!

Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:55 pm

Very surprised he couldn't get a league club....he has a lot of talent. However I think he is guaranteed to start every game at Woking so should be tearing it up and being a star....hopefully comes back even better

Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:40 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Very surprised he couldn't get a league club....he has a lot of talent. However I think he is guaranteed to start every game at Woking so should be tearing it up and being a star....hopefully comes back even better

Exactly this. Bulut said he wanted a virtual guarantee of regular football for him and Fagan Walcott so no doubt this is why they have ended up at clubs like this

Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:46 am

Disgraceful. Shame on Cardiff City, our club.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:27 am

Maybe there weren't any takers in L1 or L2? You cant force him to a club...

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:46 am

Ned,

This just shows,

We are clueless.

Conte won’t improve and where are the usual suspects saying it’s only up the road so we can keep an eye on him :lol:

This type of move does not help our players at all.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:58 am

Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:33 am

He is nowhere near championship level.

You can only send them to clubs that want them

Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:40 am

So gutted. Why didn't he go and play in the Premier League?!

Would've loved him to go to Man City. Imagine what Pep could've done to him?!

Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:44 am

Malachi Fagan-Walcott has joined York City on loan until the end of the season.

Like with Conte, it means that he will spend the season in the National League which is the fifth tier.

22 yrs old and we send him to Non League??

Ned,

This is the end of their Careers in the Championship at their age to be sent to NON LEAGUE???

I would rather just get rid if we think that low of them.

Re: SO THE HIERARCHY SEND APPARENTLY 2 OF OUR MOST TALENTED

Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:58 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:08 am

The club is a mess but the headline is well OTT "2 of our most talented player" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ashford stayed
Colwell L2
King L1
Evans L2

neither of the "2 of our most talented" was anywhere near our first team plans, IMO we are effectively letting them find their level for their next contract away from Cardiff City.

It is really important to me that if we try to do the Brentford model of getting other clubs non-retained players, especially premier league or championship clubs we are seen as not being a career graveyard.

Conte had a 20-minute cameo in a dire Bulutball end-of-season campaign and looked different from the rest as he ran, the other lad is nowhere near championship level so why would a L1 club take a risk?

I doubt we see them in City kits again.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:19 am

llan bluebird wrote:The club is a mess but the headline is well OTT "2 of our most talented player" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ashford stayed
Colwell L2
King L1
Evans L2

neither of the "2 of our most talented" was anywhere near our first team plans, IMO we are effectively letting them find their level for their next contract away from Cardiff City.

It is really important to me that if we try to do the Brentford model of getting other clubs non-retained players, especially premier league or championship clubs we are seen as not being a career graveyard.

Conte had a 20-minute cameo in a dire Bulutball end-of-season campaign and looked different from the rest as he ran, the other lad is nowhere near championship level so why would a L1 club take a risk?

I edited Sorry to Ned.

That’s what they were described as last season by Glen Williams lol when we signed a Spurs player who never played for them.
It does say Apparently

At the end of last season, The Media, Bulut, Purse and some fans were calling them great talent.

Well Non League Talent the headline should say.

Just get rid.

WE WILL HEAR THIS SEASON HOW AMAZING THEY ARE PLAYING VIA GLEN / PURSE / SAME OLD BULLSHIT

IN THE NON LEAGUE

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:36 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:The club is a mess but the headline is well OTT "2 of our most talented player" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ashford stayed
Colwell L2
King L1
Evans L2

I edited Sorry to Ned.

That’s what they were described as last season by Glen Williams lol when we signed a Spurs player who never played for them.
It does say Apparently

At the end of last season, The Media, Bulut, Purse and some fans were calling them great talent.

Well Non League Talent the headline should say.

Just get rid.

WE WILL HEAR THIS SEASON HOW AMAZING THEY ARE PLAYING VIA GLEN / PURSE / SAME OLD BULLSHIT

IN THE NON LEAGUE

But let's be honest here, you have seen a trillion games, visited thousands of stadiums, you may not be a scout, but you can see a player and where they are in their career development. Glen Williams & Scott Johnson fill space in a paper that nobody reads or takes notice of.

Footballing-wise, we have better debates, conflicts of view, and opinions on here than any of those offered in WOL, they often lift them from here and rehash them on WOL.

The club hasn't got a media department worthy of the name, but if they did they would explain our model is to try to give young players a chance to make it as a pro footballer but 95% are not going to make it at our level and we will do all we can to get you a pro football contract at whatever level you can achieve.

We don't need a 500 word filler story on the next top 10 "starlets".

The issue for us is local print media is dead. Better clubs fill the space with thier stuff, we are still stuck in the dark ages, so we are left with the chaff WOL knockout. A 5 min phone call with Dalman gives you a back page with no rebuttal just spin. But we all see that!!

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:42 am

Reply:

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:49 am

Maybe it was because no Div 1 or 2 team wanted them??

And to be honest there is virtually no difference between National League and Div 2!!

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:27 am

davids wrote:

"BULUT" does most of the blame must go to him regarding players not brought in and loaned out...with exeption of milic....

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:48 am

Absolutely baffling.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:50 am

Roath_Blue wrote:Absolutely baffling.

I still can’t my head around it all, there is No plan for our club and they new we needed a striker.

Then we praise our players and send them to Non League.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:14 am

Nobody can honestly defend these decision.

Glen Williams is saying he’s disappointed, which says it all.

Normally he’s saying the club have a clear plan etc.

Clear to me that they have no clear plan.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:42 am

What if these were the only clubs willing to take them,it’s all well and good sending players to div 1 or 2,but if no clubs had space,it’s better they play lower down,than at under 21 level,sometimes it’s about toughening them up physically rather than improving them up as footballers,

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:01 am

caerblue wrote:What if these were the only clubs willing to take them,it’s all well and good sending players to div 1 or 2,but if no clubs had space,it’s better they play lower down,than at under 21 level,sometimes it’s about toughening them up physically rather than improving them up as footballers,

Then if that’s true??

Then they are not good enough for us.

Ok how many have EVER returned in the last 14 yrs and made it with us?

Toughen them up , they are not kids lol

PLEASE ANSWER?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
caerblue wrote:What if these were the only clubs willing to take them,it’s all well and good sending players to div 1 or 2,but if no clubs had space,it’s better they play lower down,than at under 21 level,sometimes it’s about toughening them up physically rather than improving them up as footballers,

Then if that’s true??

PLEASE ANSWER?

Let’s be clear,most of the first team ain’t good enough for us,never mind half of the under 21s,
I do agree that by the age of 20 or 21,if your good enough you should be in the first team,but there are the few,Jamie Carey for an example that break through later on,I think Jamie vardy was 27,the club either think that there is something in these players to keep them hoping that a loan will bring out the best in them

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:01 am

caerblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Then if that’s true??

PLEASE ANSWER?

Let’s be clear,most of the first team ain’t good enough for us,never mind half of the under 21s,
I do agree that by the age of 20 or 21,if your good enough you should be in the first team,but there are the few,Jamie Carey for an example that break through later on,I think Jamie vardy was 27,the club either think that there is something in these players to keep them hoping that a loan will bring out the best in them