Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did Tan Back Bulut Financially ? : Tan made BIG pl

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:42 am

Did Tan Back Bulut Financially ? :

Tan made BIG play in PROMISING to back Bulut financially this transfer window ….but did he ?? My view is that clearly he did not !

(1) On the buying and selling front ….we got money for McGuinness and Adams . While we do not know exact figures ….on the whole , it appears that we probably made a profit .

(2) On the wages front ….there was a lot of movement in players ….in and out …..but on the whole , I believe that we probably made a saving (but we do not really know).

(3) Moreover , we bought Simic who cost us money over £2mill…..as a favor to Kortrijk above Bulut’s head .

Also Tsonda who was another favor to Kortrijk is now back with us ….. but I can’t see him playing for us much.

The bottom line and the truth is that ever since the Warnock days …..

Tan is unwilling or unable to spend money to strengthen the team . It has nothing to do with the embargo . Before and after the embargo ….he refuses to ….or is unable to spend money .

He talks big big big about automatic promotion ….and a top six as the absolute bare minimum ….but does he put his money where his mouth is ?

Is he honest , sincere and truthful ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Did Tan Back Bulut Financially ? : Tan made BI

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:20 am

I guess you can look at it two ways.

He is spending money to keep the club afloat, especially in player's wages. We are in the top half of the league when it comes to players salaries.

Is he backing Bulut like the Birmingham owners are across both transfer fees and player contracts then that's a no.
The only time he did really do that was time we won the championship.

Our strategy seems to be frees and out of contact players but try and offer more money in salaries. Or younger players on smaller transfer fees.

The problem with that is might work for some positions but very unlikely in striker's, who are always going to be in high demand. Also if we're actually spending transfer fees on younger players, then why not just give younger players from our academy the opportunity and save that money for a bigger investment in a striker.

How we've come out of another window without properly investing in a striker blows my mind.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:23 am

Nope, yet people fell for the same old bullshit from Tan. Smoke and mirrors. The only way we will progress is when Tan leaves. Another season in a relegation battle coming up. On a positive note, I have enjoyed watching some of the youngsters playing exciting football and will hopefully see them progress for next season. I hope Tan has gone by then. :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:26 am

Nickoblue23 wrote:I guess you can look at it two ways.

He is spending money to keep the club afloat, especially in player's wages. We are in the top half of the league when it comes to players salaries.

Is he backing Bulut like the Birmingham owners are across both transfer fees and player contracts then that's a no.

Our strategy seems to be frees and out of contact players but try and offer more money in salaries. Or younger players on smaller transfer fees.

The problem with that is might work for some positions but very unlikely in striker's, who are always going to be in high demand. Also if we're actually spending transfer fees on younger players, then why not just give younger players from our academy the opportunity and save that money for a bigger investment in a striker.

How we've come out of another window without properly investing in a striker blows my mind.

Backs our club? No one forces him to stay.

It looks like he is fully backing his Belgium club and we paid over £2mill

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:28 am

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Nope, yet people fell for the same old bullshit from Tan. Smoke and mirrors. The only way we will progress is when Tan leaves. Another season in a relegation battle coming up. On a positive note, I have enjoyed watching some of the youngsters playing exciting football and will hopefully see them progress for next season. I hope Tan has gone by then. :bluescarf:

With you on both accounts.

But the youngsters are not wanted here.

I doubt we will see them progress , 14 yrs later and Non have here.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:32 am

Possibly he realises how bad a manager bulut is and knows he possibly wont be around much longer. And sees no point spending money on a. Dead duck.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:32 am

Forum:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:33 am

Forum:

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:34 am

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:Possibly he realises how bad a manager bulut is and knows he possibly wont be around much longer. And sees no point spending money on a. Dead duck.

Then he should never have given him a new contract

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:54 am

There is no way the wage bill is lower. We’ve signed 9 players and only Wintle and McGuinness have left. Grant, Bowler, Phillips and JWE have left but we have direct replacements for all of them. Our wage bill is enormous and is the reason we can’t sign players for more money. We have to get players out in January.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:

My point is you can't just look at transfer fees. This has to be included with the wages.

Both Ipswich and Luton have got promoted on much smaller player salaries than us. Purely on investment does that mean they are less backed than us.

It's all about the strategy around your investment. Ours for many years is high salaries for both players and our managers.

For me the thing that's been clear for some time is the club hasn't got a fundermental strategy or blueprint.

Look at the success Dan Ashworth brought to Brighton. At one stage it was between us and them on who would get relegated from the PL.

Now they're a million miles apart from us.

Until we get our fundamentals right we're always going to be walking in the dark hoping to get lucky.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:13 am

Nickoblue23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

My point is you can't just look at transfer fees. This has to be included with the wages.

Both Ipswich and Luton have got promoted on much smaller player salaries than us. Purely on investment does that mean they are less backed than us.

It's all about the strategy around your investment. Ours for many years is high salaries for both players and our managers.

For me the thing that's been clear for some time is the club hasn't got a fundermental strategy or blueprint.

Look at the success Dan Ashworth brought to Brighton. At one stage it was between us and them on who would get relegated from the PL.

Now they're a million miles apart from us.

Until we get our fundamentals right we're always going to be walking in the dark hoping to get lucky.

With you on many points:

Just shows how after 14 years the Hierarchy are still CLUELESS

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:14 am

petesmeat wrote:There is no way the wage bill is lower. We’ve signed 9 players and only Wintle and McGuinness have left. Grant, Bowler, Phillips and JWE have left but we have direct replacements for all of them. Our wage bill is enormous and is the reason we can’t sign players for more money. We have to get players out in January.

Get them out in January now lol

This year it was the Summer,

Then it was last January etc etc

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:15 am

Replies:

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:41 am

The Champions League goals are a bit of a red herring, if he was any good he'd still be at Saltzburg. We are buying potential and i guess Bulut looked at the videos and thought it's not want he needs today.

We need a striker and we still haven't got one, so he hasn't been backed.

I was away when we loaned Kanga, is there an obligation or option to buy?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:49 am

We did some ok business early on. On paper, we are decent.

However, no LB and loan striker is a mistake.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:51 am

SB 1927 wrote:We did some ok business early on. On paper, we are decent.

However, no LB and loan striker is a mistake.

Agree .

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:52 am

Fans have been duped again, at first it looked like he was backing him with spending some money but then sold mcguinness and made all that money back and I can't see our wages being much higher if any compared to last year, we have done just enough to stay as a championship club again imo.
More BS spouted from the top again. If tan really expects top 2 with our team then that just confirms what everyone knows and that is he is delusional

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:12 am

I would argue he has backed him.

We have to remember, Tan’s pockets aren’t as deep as they used to be.
A lot of his businesses have taken a huge hit!

Yes, we’ve brought in cash from the Adams and McGuinness sales. But, we’ve spent £2.75 million on Daland. €2 million on the new striker (I’m assuming he’s gone to Kortrijk for work permit reasons)

We may not have paid big transfer fees, but Chambers, Willock, Ramsey, Kanga will all be on good wages.

Plus the ones we signed last season like Ramsey etc are on big wedge too!

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Merthyrfunhouse wrote:Possibly he realises how bad a manager bulut is and knows he possibly wont be around much longer. And sees no point spending money on a. Dead duck.

Then he should never have given him a new contract

He definitely shouldn’t have had. Maybe bulut convinced that he would change his style of football, and now tan realised it’s just as bad as before.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:32 am

Glad that those who believe Buluts been Fully Backed, did he get his Striker he wanted, The Striker that came in & went out, Bulut himself said it was out of his control and it was above.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:Glad that those who believe Buluts been Fully Backed, did he get his Striker he wanted, The Striker that came in & went out, Bulut himself said it was out of his control and it was above.

To be fair, Bulut said Simic wasn’t his signing, it was the committee’s signing.
It seems to be the way a lot of things are working with bigger clubs. They have committee that scout and identity targets.

The striker he wanted, he signed Kanga. He also probably thought that Davies would play a bigger part this season before his unfortunate injury.

It’s hard to find the right striker on a budget. Like I’ve said from a personal point of view, I think Bulut has been backed, but we don’t have the spending power to just throw transfer fees.

Everyone is looking for that same striker, and these days they come with huge price tags. Take Stansfield as an example.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:24 pm

Simple answer - NO

Time to sell one of the clubs and actually back the one he keeps