Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TODAYS TEAM NAMED / RUBIN COLWILL NOT STARTING

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:31 am

Robinson and Colwill not starting once again?

t's the same team which started the derby, which might come as a surprise to some.

The Bluebirds were sub-standard during the first period against the Swans last week and looked far better after Colwill, Tanner and Robinson were introduced. Fans were within their rights to expect at least one or two of those to start.

But Bulut has kept the faith and will hope for an improved display from the XI today for what is a crunch game, with City still winless in the league this term.

It's a strong-looking bench for the hosts, too, with the aforementioned trio and Anwar El Ghazi all poised to make an impact. For Boro, Emmanuel Latte Lath, after driving down on his own and arriving in Cardiff at 11pm last night following a failed transfer saga with Ipswich Town, is on the bench.

GWTati8WwAEwFVF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TODAYS TEAM NEWS

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:32 am

I’d love to say I’m surprised, but I’m not

Re: TODAYS TEAM NAMED / RUBIN COLWILL NOT STARTING

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:32 am

Boro,

A lot of injuries
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:33 am

I honestly thought Robinson and Colwill would start, they deserved it after last week.

A bit surprised not to see Reindorf on the bench.

Need a win today.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:34 am

How can you get 90 mins out if Rubin if you don’t start him?

Bulut’s words:

“Rubin needs to play 90mins for us”

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:34 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I honestly thought Robinson and Colwill would start, they deserved it after last week.

Need a win today.

So did I Ned?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:35 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I honestly thought Robinson and Colwill would start, they deserved it after last week.

Need a win today.

Same here Ned Bulut is not going to last long if his teamselection is not right, no matter what the result is today :banghead:

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:35 am

What is wrong with Bulut!? He's got a sack wish the stubborn idiot

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:36 am

Igovernor wrote:

Need a win today.

Same here Ned Bulut is not going to last long if his teamselection is not right, no matter what the result is today :banghead:

Bloody Meite again

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:37 am

Meite and Kango play however Colwill , Robertson and Tanner on the bench? I thought Bulut said Colwill had to do it for 90 mins very difficult when you are sub. I suppose I will have to wait till we are 1 nil down before the footballers come on.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:37 am

Makes me think we could sign whoever and the subs can make as much impact as they like but in the end Bulut will always put his favourites in there.

We all know ralls would also be starting ahead of Robertson if he was fit

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:39 am

Think we might see this quite a lot this season.. try to keep it tight for 65 minutes then bring on the impact subs to try to win it… that would be a typical Bulut thing to do and might actually work

Not sure I agree with it though

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:42 am

Probably wants some continuity and believes these players can do the job if they keep gelling together.

If they play Colwill, you drop Ramsey. Think Robertson is getting better and needs to keep going. We don’t have other good options at 6, which I’ve been begging for us to sign.

Robinson however I think deserved the start this match and Tanner over Meite.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:42 am

Clueless manager

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:43 am

Ridiculous selection. How is Meite starting after last weeks performance!?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:46 am

Don't get this manager at all..will never start on the front foot..

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:46 am

How can Colwill not start this game!!

Change the game against Swansea, MOM against Southampton!!

Bench son!!

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:48 am

Not one of our up and coming 18-23 yr olds that have come through our Academy starting yet again.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:53 am

I haven’t slated him before, but Bulut is starting to irritate me. That line up is not working. I’m a fan of O’Dowda, but he’s getting caught out due to playing out of position. Meite offers nothing, and it’s not like he hasn’t been given a chance. If we don’t get a big improvement and a win out of this then fingers are going to be pointed.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:59 am

I’m not surprised agree with bulut on this doing in in a reserve match is one thing doing it with the big boys another. He simply is not consistently good enough.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:13 am

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:I’m not surprised agree with bulut on this doing in in a reserve match is one thing doing it with the big boys another. He simply is not consistently good enough.

You are clueless. So meite has been consistently good ?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:15 am

Bulut out. Predictably boring

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:17 am

None of the three up topped have scored this season including the friendlies :banghead:

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:22 am

Grandstand wrote:
Merthyrfunhouse wrote:I’m not surprised agree with bulut on this doing in in a reserve match is one thing doing it with the big boys another. He simply is not consistently good enough.

Did I say that.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:29 am

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Grandstand wrote:

Did I say that.

I hope I am wrong and we get a result - I am trying to say to you pick the players in form. We are not.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:40 am

I could maybe understand if we were away and he wanted to keep it tight until the second half but to set up like this at home, no wonder our home support is dwindling.

Méïté must have some dirt on him.

Play CO on the lWA
Play Bagan at LB
Colwill for Siopis
Robinson for Kanga
Willock on the right and then you've got an exciting team with players on form.

Just got to hope we get to 60mins without conceding.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:45 am

Grandstand wrote:
Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Grandstand wrote:

Did I say that.

I hope I am wrong and we get a result - I am trying to say to you pick the players in form. We are not.

I agree. But we have a very very poor manager.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:46 am

Same as the first half against Swansea, absolutely nothing in the final third. Meite doesn’t offer anything for me, don’t know why he keeps getting picked.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:56 am

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Grandstand wrote:
Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Grandstand wrote:

Did I say that.

I agree. But we have a very very poor manager.

1 point we agree on :D

Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:05 pm

We need Robinson and Rubin on