Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kanga

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:19 pm

Can we send kanga to the Belgium club n keep simic here ..kanga offers nothing

Re: Kanga

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:31 pm

I wouldn't even say he's div 2 level let alone conference level. Who scout these players I want to know :oops:

Although we got most of a team of passengers right now. The formation isn't working yet we play the same way and the same thing every game with subs coming on and Ramsey is awful so far along with others in truth.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:37 pm

I can see the frustration as I feel it too. But we created absolutely nothing for Kanga to do anything with. The problems are far more than the striker, we may as well play without one because they are pointless in our team. The worst player in the pitch today was Ramsey, I know it’s hard for us to accept but he’s ruining the team. The O’Dowda experiment needs to end too.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:39 pm

Kanga.....It's a NO from me.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:47 pm

Don't let Roath read this. Apparently we couldn't sign a decent striker because people read this forum and see us slating the strikers

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:05 pm

Kanga or as my Mate calls him Kangaroo he spent the second half watching the bench waiting to be taken off. Whoever signed him needs shooting

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:26 pm

Yes! Saw that a few times Kanga looking to the bench. In his defence, as poor as he has been, Buluts system isolates the striker and worse still his service today was poor, Haaland would struggle in this side, but yes a poor signing again thus far.

I reckon Colwill as a false 9 or a second striker would liven things up top, central defenders are having t to easy against us for far to long.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:45 pm

Hard to blame the strikers, they get no service. He made runs just ball goes back or sideways. He is prob just as annoyed as we are at him.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:57 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I can see the frustration as I feel it too. But we created absolutely nothing for Kanga to do anything with. The problems are far more than the striker, we may as well play without one because they are pointless in our team. The worst player in the pitch today was Ramsey, I know it’s hard for us to accept but he’s ruining the team. The O’Dowda experiment needs to end too.

NG was far worse! All he did was pass backwards and his attempts at crossing well wasn't even crosses ... Rambo was left to try long diagonal passing as if passed sideways it simply came back to him time and time again....we simply play to deep to pressure any team so creating an imbalance between defence and rest team

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:25 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Yes! Saw that a few times Kanga looking to the bench. In his defence, as poor as he has been, Buluts system isolates the striker and worse still his service today was poor, Haaland would struggle in this side, but yes a poor signing again thus far.

I reckon Colwill as a false 9 or a second striker would liven things up top, central defenders are having t to easy against us for far to long.

Colwell in a false 9 is where i think any other manager would trial. We haven't had a centre forward who can pin both centre halves-since Keiffer. I do wonder where he was going to play Issak Davies.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:34 pm

Logie wrote:Hard to blame the strikers, they get no service. He made runs just ball goes back or sideways. He is prob just as annoyed as we are at him.

Agree.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:54 pm

I agree from what I saw he looked pretty useless, but it’s no coincidence that every striker looks terrible in our team and then goes elsewhere and suddenly looks like a decent player..
Kanga is not even getting crumbs so it’s hard to judge if there is a player there at all..

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:55 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Logie wrote:Hard to blame the strikers, they get no service. He made runs just ball goes back or sideways. He is prob just as annoyed as we are at him.

Agree.

It’s infuriating to see the wide players in particular looking to pass backwards as the ball is coming to them.
I remember my old coach saying to me when I played tight back, “look to pass forward first, if nothings on, pass sideways and as a last resort go back’. Old fashioned maybe but makes sense to me.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:20 pm

Couldn’t hit a barn door, Rambo was telling him to push on and close down and he was telling Rambo to move right in the 1st half :roll:

Hopefully he’s dropped against Derby….. well we can dream

Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:35 pm

sid61284 wrote:Don't let Roath read this. Apparently we couldn't sign a decent striker because people read this forum and see us slating the strikers

I hadn't even posted on this thread.

Who even are you?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agree.

Sorry but he didn’t make runs. Nor did he hold it up.

We have passers like Ramsey and Robertson who will hit runners but every time they looked up there was nothing from Kanga. That made us way too predictable.

We’re not pumping balls into the box so why don’t we play somebody sharper like Robinson upfront ?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:39 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agree.

We have passers like Ramsey and Robertson who will hit runners but every time they looked up there was nothing from Kanga. That made us way too predictable.

We’re not pumping balls into the box so why don’t we play somebody sharper like Robinson upfront ?

The same Ramsey that couldn't even pass a ball 5 yards, or get himself up off the floor to track back, or stop flailing around like a child?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:40 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agree.

He did make runs and looked visibly frustrated when he wasn’t found.

He had no chances to score apart from one half chance where he played it across goal and there was nobody there to tap it in.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agree.

He had no chances to score apart from one half chance where he played it across goal and there was nobody there to tap it in.

Some people just want him to fail.

Nothing you can say which is logical will convince them otherwise

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:33 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agree.

Ah ha. Roath you been very quiet tonight. Agree with you here I think kanga has something to offer if he’s gets some service.

Do you still have faith in bulut you haven’t been white knighting him much today. Has he lost your support as well now?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:00 pm

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agree.

Ah ha. Roath you been very quiet tonight. Agree with you here I think kanga has something to offer if he’s gets some service.

Do you still have faith in bulut you haven’t been white knighting him much today. Has he lost your support as well now?

I have been somewhat quiet, I agree.

I have posted a few times but ultimately I've been collecting my thoughts.

I think the problem runs deeper than Bulut as we all know. Tan, Dalman, etc.

I did look at the team today and worry. We were against a team that were there for the taking. We didn't take advantage of that like we should have and in all honesty I'm struggling to find an argument for Bulut right now.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:25 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agree.

Absolutely nonsense.

I desperately want him to succeed. He’s now all we’ve got and haven’t slagged him off until today.

But just be honest. Do you know if he’s a target man, someone who runs in behind, just a goalscorer or a hardworking centre forward who works for the team ?

I can’t work out what type of player he is, other than he’s definitely not the hardworking centre forward type.

We have options. Robinson has been scoring regularly pre season and league games or we can gamble on Reindorf. I fail to see how either is worse than Kanga,

I honestly hope he proves me wrong and that I eat my words but if he has something to offer he’s hidden it very well so far !!

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:46 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agree.

I have been somewhat quiet, I agree.

I have posted a few times but ultimately I've been collecting my thoughts.

I think the problem runs deeper than Bulut as we all know. Tan, Dalman, etc.

I did look at the team today and worry. We were against a team that were there for the taking. We didn't take advantage of that like we should have and in all honesty I'm struggling to find an argument for Bulut right now.

Fair play. I knew you’d see sense in the end, ( I win lol) I’m only joking.
I wanted him to be the saviour as well and really did belive he was when he took over but he just baffles me. I’ve never seen anyone who seems to incapable of learning.

Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:15 pm

Just comparing kanga to sori kaba and there is'nt a comparison kaba hit the ground running.

Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:18 pm

montyblue wrote:Just comparing kanga to sori kaba and there is'nt a comparison kaba hit the ground running.

I bet Kaba would look absolute sh!te if he was upfront this season.

Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:05 am

Look back at our last 10 strikers. Same output. All 10 have not just a poor return in goals, but below average shots, shots on target and touches in the opposition box. Our style is not working.

I see only a few options..

1. Change formation totally and get 2 up top. Simple, try it. What is there to lose?

2. Play Robbo and/or Rubin closer but leave them close. Robbo creates chances but whe he's up top on his own. Closer to Kanga is bound to create more. It seems to be EITHER Kanga (or previous striker) or Robbo, never both. Also both Robbo and Rubin dont ever seem to play 90 mins. Strange but I'd love to see any two of them STUCK in that #10 role and not playing about near the centre circle.

3. Get the ball in the box faster. All of our recent "alone strikers" are an areal threat, yet by the time the ball gets in the box, all 4 defenders are usually set or theres a 2v1 against our big man. Easy to defend.

For me, all point towards Bulut, not Kanga/'insert next strikers name here'

Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:29 am

It also doesn't help that our keeper takes so long to get the ball out to someone.

We need the ball out from the keeper a lot quicker, to hit teams on the break. We always let teams get re organised because Hovarth takes so long to get the ball back into play.

Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:29 pm

Watching Kanga is painful.

wish Bulut would play Michael Reindorf . He looks like he actually wants to be on the pitch and seem interested, where as Kanga does not!

Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:09 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:Just comparing kanga to sori kaba and there is'nt a comparison kaba hit the ground running.

I bet Kaba would look absolute sh!te if he was upfront this season.

Exactly. I don’t get what people think these strikers can do when they don’t get any touches of the ball.

It’s not rocket science, our strikers don’t get enough touches and they don’t get any touches in the box.

Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:52 pm

But when they do get a touch don’t let the ball just bounce off you, control the bloody thing! Kanga is absolute rubbish fair play.