Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Way past being concerned “

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:28 pm

We are way past being concerned about this season.

Let’s be fair, Middlesbrough are nothing special. They had players missing and hadn’t had a good start to the season.

But as soon as they went 1-0 up, I knew we wouldn’t have come back.

Yet again we were far too slow and made it so easy for them.

We gave away two simple goals.

Apart from five minutes at the start of the second half, we never looked like scoring.

If I was Vincent Tan tonight, I’d be asking myself how long I can let this go on for with Bulut????

Absolutely awful - again.

Re: “ Way past being concerned “

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:33 pm

Make the change now and use the next two weeks to find a manager who knows the league, his best team and the tactics to work. New coaches to teach how not to switch off, how not to get caught off side. Someone who can inspire and fire his players up. To think we were almost held to ransom of the signing of a new contract as well.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:34 pm

You’ve changed your tune pretty quickly. He should have gone last season. Why people thought he would change is beyond me.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:35 pm

Ibby wrote:Make the change now and use the next two weeks to find a manager who knows the league, his best team and the tactics to work. New coaches to teach how not to switch off, how not to get caught off side. Someone who can inspire and fire his players up. To think we were almost held to ransom of the signing of a new contract as well.

Embarrassing isn’t it.
And the usual suspects will say give him more time he’s the one.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:35 pm

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:You’ve changed your tune pretty quickly. He should have gone last season. Why people thought he would change is beyond me.

People are allowed to change their minds.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:40 pm

He should have gone last season,absolutely clueless.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Merthyrfunhouse wrote:You’ve changed your tune pretty quickly. He should have gone last season. Why people thought he would change is beyond me.

And give the manager a fair chance…! :ayatollah:

Sadly with you all the way Ned

I never wanted him to stay- the last 2 games last season was a disgrace and I felt for our fans last season at home. You struggle to think of more than a few games when we started at home and went for the away team. Everyone who comes to Cardiff , Bulut believes they are Man City or Real Madrid. I know the fans were 50 - 50 on his staying and Dalman rated him- but the weakness of the manager was clear to see. Tan as we know lacks any football brain and gives him a 2 year contract. As it is international break if it was me I would sack him today and let’s see the candidates we could get. We will not improve and it is unfair for the new manager being 6 points adrift of safety when tan finally sacks bulut.
Last edited by Grandstand on Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:43 pm

I have been a long time supporter of Bulut and before joining the forum recently would read and think it was way too harsh on him. To be honest I’m wavering now as to many games are going the exact same way. Boring turgid game… go a goal behind then attack for a while and concede again before petering out. It’s so frustrating!! Main concern is tan now going for one of his ‘brilliant’ ideas for manager and it getting even worse. Supporting this club is hard sometimes

Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

After 4 league games mainly a shower of shite

And last seasons finish

Ned would be mad not to change his tune

Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:00 pm

Really he should be gone by this evening, and the Int. break spent searching for a replacement.

We actually have half decent players, and a competent manager could get the best out of them I think. Bulut is not that man.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:15 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

And give the manager a fair chance…! :ayatollah:

He's had over a season AND still hasn't learnt. Look at his starting eleven again today? Chronic management

Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:46 pm

The last four league games are more damming than the previous 46. He has learned nothing, hasn't adapted and the gameplan of how you beat us is on the toilet door of every championship club. He offers so little !!!!

He needs to be clearing his desk now. we are a busted flush. The squad isn't that bad, its not a top 10 squad, it's old but there is more there than we are showing.

The announcement should be made by 6pm this evening. Anyone who has grown up in British football could get the squad mid-table, but i know one person incapable of it and he is our manager.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We are way past being concerned about this season.

Let’s be fair, Middlesbrough are nothing special. They had players missing and hadn’t had a good start to the season.

But as soon as they went 1-0 up, I knew we wouldn’t have come back.

Yet again we were far too slow and made it so easy for them.

We gave away two simple goals.

Apart from five minutes at the start of the second half, we never looked like scoring.

If I was Vincent Tan tonight, I’d be asking myself how long I can let this go on for with Bulut????

Absolutely awful - again.

Before selling the club would be a better line :lol:

Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:53 pm

They're on a bundgy rope! As soon as players try go forward the defenders pull them back... and thats down to buluts defensive mindset.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:59 pm

Robertson coming off was batshit crazy. Rambo was running through Treacle but he was in his own duel with Siopis about who could turn the ball over the most.....

O'Dowda and Wilock should work apart from Wilock in bone idle and doesn't possess a football brain.

It's never easy playing striker in Bulutball but Kanga isn't the bloke to do it and Howarth is a shot-stopper, not a Brazilian sweeper. Bulut is fcuking clueless, he is an imposter in the championship

And those who booed i hope you were not those "we want you to stay" chanters when getting bollock by a relegated team 5-0 !!!!!

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:09 pm

Two CDMs without fail. Yet we concede and almost concede so many times through the middle! Siopis is often absent like the Swansea goal no man’s land in front of the centre backs, yet he sticks with it without fail. Siopis constantly giving the ball away, Meiteand Kanga continue to offer nothing. Takes off Robertson who was pick of midfield, Ng poor today, Horvarth still nervous, our set pieces have drastically gone backwards, the lonely tale of the isolated striker continues of course, it’s as if he’s scared to change personnel shape formation tactics etc. I’ve wanted him gone for so long! Stubbornness and predictability does not belong in modern football

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:09 pm

Today Bulut lost me….
His tactics were dreadful and what does Rubin C need to do to get a run in the side?
I have supported EB all the way until today but we look like a team without any guile or guts

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

And last seasons finish

That’s the point I was making, although it seems like he thought I was having some sort of dig. For me I respect everyone individual opinions.

Bulut is that bad that even Worcester who was a big fan of giving him time has done a complete u-turn. There was no dig at posters just bulut and how bad he is.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:51 pm

The manager is deluded and clueless and should be sacked now but with the shit running us there is no chance. There is only one man who can help us and I must admit it is Sam Hamman but heyho wishful thinking.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:41 pm

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

And last seasons finish

That’s the point I was making, although it seems like he thought I was having some sort of dig. For me I respect everyone individual opinions.

Bulut is that bad that even Worcester who was a big fan of giving him time has done a complete u-turn. There was no dig at posters just bulut and how bad he is.

I think some of us fans were hoping Bulut would come good so kept supporting him. I don’t believe he’s had great backing, but even if he did it wouldn’t make a difference, he just hasn’t got a clue and needs to go.