Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mark Harris

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:02 pm

Not good enough for us but has just scored his 4th goal in 4 games. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Re: Mark Harris

Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:52 pm

Don Keydick wrote:Not good enough for us but has just scored his 4th goal in 4 games. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

…and nobody shed a tear when he left us.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:45 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:Not good enough for us but has just scored his 4th goal in 4 games. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Because that’s what Cardiff fans do.

Probably all fans to be fair but I’m only on here.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:52 pm

Maccydear wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I agree.
My thinking is, as good as he’s doing now, he’s not our player now so good luck and we’ve moved on. No point crying over souls milk as they say.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:05 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Maccydear wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I agree.
My thinking is, as good as he’s doing now, he’s not our player now so good luck and we’ve moved on. No point crying over souls milk as they say.

They actually have a number of players who would improve us and a manager who really would.

Tyler Goodrhem is very, very good. He wouldn’t have got a game at Cardiff.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:44 pm

That goes to show the player isn't the issue. It's the club.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:20 pm

Can’t blame the fans, we don’t pick the players, or the tactics. The manager, and coaches are the people to blame

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:19 pm

And how many of us said he was a League One player?

We need to open our eyes and see where the problem is. this is why I believe Rubin Colwill should find another club.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:24 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:And how many of us said he was a League One player?

We need to open our eyes and see where the problem is. this is why I believe Rubin Colwill should find another club.

Very true, I wasn’t at all bothered when Harris left but fair play to him.

He wouldn’t score goals with our tactics though.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Very true, I wasn’t at all bothered when Harris left but fair play to him.

He wouldn’t score goals with our tactics though.

Not sure if Haalsnd would!!

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:37 pm

Probably the same people writing off all our players.

Ciaran Brown has been superb at centre back for the Ox.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:10 pm

Just goes to show what’s possible in a team prepared to attack. You just know he’ll score against us..

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:45 pm

Mad decision it was to get rid of him.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:32 am

Ibby wrote:Mad decision it was to get rid of him.

Did you say this at the time?

Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:37 am

The majority of us wanted him gone or dropped. He was useless in every game I’ve seen him in. Whenever he had the ball he’d get barged off it, and be on the floor.

But we are just fans, it’s the people getting paid at the club that should have spotted his potential.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:42 am

Blue Valley wrote:The majority of us wanted him gone or dropped. He was useless in every game I’ve seen him in. Whenever he had the ball he’d get barged off it, and be on the floor.

But we are just fans, it’s the people getting paid at the club that should have spotted his potential.

You are right but this happens at pretty much every club; failure moves and does well.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:49 am

Getting first team football was what his career needed. He was not going to get a consistent run of games at Cardiff and leaving was the best thing for him.

We can now see the benefit to him of making that decision. I do not think that he'd be the player in form that he currently is if he'd decide to stay at Cardiff

Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:10 am

Same here Ian,

Their is something rotten in our Clubs Tactics.

I would not Blame Rubin if he left

Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:10 pm

We didn't get rid of him. He was offered a new contract which he refused to sign as he wanted a new challenge.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:53 pm

Blue View wrote:We didn't get rid of him. He was offered a new contract which he refused to sign as he wanted a new challenge.

I’m pretty sure he wasn’t offered another as EB didn’t rate him. A sentiment that most fans agreed with at the time.

Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:38 am

Maybe it's because he had a full season playing regularly with Oxford that built his confidence up scoring goals. I don't know how many times when he either started for us or came on as a sub, that he would miss a sitter. So is it the system we were playing that didn't suit him, or was it that he wasn't actually good enough at the time. I was glad to see him go but we are all wiser in hindsight.

Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:56 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Maybe it's because he had a full season playing regularly with Oxford that built his confidence up scoring goals. I don't know how many times when he either started for us or came on as a sub, that he would miss a sitter. So is it the system we were playing that didn't suit him, or was it that he wasn't actually good enough at the time. I was glad to see him go but we are all wiser in hindsight.

Good post mate.