Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANGRY EROL BULUT VOWS ‘BIG CHANGES’

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:08 pm

Seething Erol Bulut vows to make big Cardiff City changes and makes deadline day admission
The Bluebirds boss spoke after the 2-0 defeat by Middlesbrough

Erol Bulut vowed there would be big changes after the international break after Cardiff City's defeat by Middlesbrough represented the fourth Championship game in a row without a win.

Saturday's defeat means Cardiff will remain rooted to the bottom of the table for the next fortnight. It's not the start Bulut envisaged after signing his new deal in the off-season and making eight summer additions.

Cardiff's league record now reads four games, zero wins, 10 goals conceded and just one goal scored. It's not pretty at all. And this latest defeat against Boro has some fans calling for major changes in their next game, against Derby County, and it looks like that will be the case.

"We didn't take our chances to score," he said. "I think first half it was a game where both sides didn't create chances. Second half, first 10, 15 minutes we had three or four positions to score. Then if you concede a goal from a set piece, then an own goal, which is unlucky, but when we get a chance to score you have to score, this is a problem we have right now.

"How we spoke always about statistics, because statistics are nothing, we can speak about statistics and then everything is different. You have to score goals. And if not you have to run to get the result. And it's not easy against a quality team.

"We have to ask the players individually (why they can't score). Now we have to maybe analyse the statistics of individual players. We can speak about details. There will be changes for sure after the international break and everyone has to accept it.

"Ollie Tanner was good, he did well when he came in. Rubin (Colwill) tries a lot but still we cannot have it from only two or three players. Everyone has to be involved. Sio [Manolis Siopis] had a lot of work today and with a yellow card he managed it well, but he needs support. Maybe we have to speak now about stats of individual players. We don't have consistency."

Some supporters are perhaps understandably questioning why Bulut opted for the same starting XI which began the game so poorly against Swansea was fielded against Boro, particularly when Tanner, Colwill and Callum Robinson did so well in that game.

Quizzed about his team selection, Bulut said: "Everybody was expecting that I started with two different players, maybe with Rubin and Ollie Tanner.

"Nobody knew Callum Robinson only trained with us once this week. He had an injury on his Achilles. Everybody speaks but they don’t know what is happening. We are with the players every day. We have to think about everything.

"I told those players I need consistency from them. If you continue to show it, then you will play from the first minute, but I need to see a performance from the first minute to the 90th minute. We are thinking differently."

When asked if certain players who are given a chance every week are producing performances 90 minutes which warrant their selection, he simply replied: "Four games we’ve played. Now I will look at the statistics. We will analyse them and there will be changes."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ANGREY EROL BULUT VOWS ‘BIG CHANGES’

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:14 pm

The change needed is him gone

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:20 pm

Done with him. A crap manager, selection style and game management

If he can't see what we all see,
How can he be a quality manager??...

I didn't know the team prior to game. Got to game late and looked out and saw that shower.
It's so hard to keep going there. ..
I think I'm nearly done

3 things though. I didn't boo, I stayed till the end, I clapped them off.

The fans and club are the weakest I've ever seen..
There is no 12th man.
Get behind them ffs

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:27 pm

I can’t believe what he is saying in the last but one paragraph. From that statement, he seems to be saying that Siopis, Goutas, Chambers, O’Dowda, Ramsey, Meite, Hovarth, and Kanga must be giving their all and looking for ball from the first minute, but Colwill, Tanner and Robinson are not. He is deluded, and hasn’t got a clue if that is true.
The thought of having to suffer another 42 games under him this season, is frightening!

Re: ANGRY EROL BULUT VOWS ‘BIG CHANGES’

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:47 pm

I'm seething with him.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:56 pm

Horvath shits himself whenever the ball is at his feet
O’Dowda can’t defend
Chambers looks slow and reaction time poor
Possibly Ng’s worse game. Like Siopis over pinging 30 yard balls to no bugger giving away possession
Ramsey is simply non-existent- slow and gives away possession. In the side solely by name.
Siopis plenty of effort but headless chicken
Meite can’t control the ball and not quick enough to go past his man. Shouldn’t be in the stands let alone the bench
Kanga spends the majority of the game avoiding the ball

The only 3 who came away with any credit were Robertson, Willock and our best player Daland.
Bringing Tanner, Rubin and Robinson (who’s not a lone striker) on late to always ‘rescue’ the game is just nuts.
We still don’t press and yet every team knows when we are pressed high, we fall apart and concede.

Bulut’s negative tactics trying not to lose and playing so narrow will take us down. Clearly the Supercomputer at the start of the season saw all this. I honestly believe we have the making of a decent side. Just need the right manager.

What has Tanner, Rubin and Reindorf got to do to start. :banghead:

Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:06 pm

We can’t play 4-5-1

We can’t play this shitty football

We can’t play with the same players continuously

Major changes need to happen from the top down….

Changes both off the field as well as on the field

Currently Owner - Board - management team need to be looked at… easy to blame the players as a manager bit you’re in a profession where the buck stops with the manager, players aren’t responsible for the managers lacklustre decisions

To win games you need to score goals (we’re not) to score goals you need to create chances (we’re not) to create chances you need the correct players singing off the same hymn sheet (we’re not)

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:14 pm

Hopefully Him!

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:25 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:Horvath shits himself whenever the ball is at his feet
O’Dowda can’t defend
Chambers looks slow and reaction time poor
Possibly Ng’s worse game. Like Siopis over pinging 30 yard balls to no bugger giving away possession
Ramsey is simply non-existent- slow and gives away possession. In the side solely by name.
Siopis plenty of effort but headless chicken
Meite can’t control the ball and not quick enough to go past his man. Shouldn’t be in the stands let alone the bench
Kanga spends the majority of the game avoiding the ball

The only 3 who came away with any credit were Robertson, Willock and our best player Daland.
Bringing Tanner, Rubin and Robinson (who’s not a lone striker) on late to always ‘rescue’ the game is just nuts.
We still don’t press and yet every team knows when we are pressed high, we fall apart and concede.

Bulut’s negative tactics trying not to lose and playing so narrow will take us down. Clearly the Supercomputer at the start of the season saw all this. I honestly believe we have the making of a decent side. Just need the right manager.

What has Tanner, Rubin and Reindorf got to do to start. :banghead:

Hard to disagree with most of this.
Not sure what’s happening with NG tbh but seems completely off his game. Never a fantastic attacking threat but could always be relied upon to defend , not so now.
Ramsey spends time chasing shadows (slowly), misplacing passes, fouling and blaming others - is this the problem? He’s undroppable and it’s starting to get to the other players?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:25 pm

Sorry but we’ve heard it all before from him.

All he’ll do is make a couple of changes but not change the approach, which means we’ll have exactly the same outcome.

He needs to realise that fans don’t have faith in him to turn things about.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:14 pm

The three players that played well , none of them had a pre season with Cardiff , our players are under cooked .

Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:53 pm

He’s really coming over as an arrogant Prick. He needs to look at himself, the coaching staff, and the toxic board.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:00 pm

What big changes could he make?

Go 442?

Tanner Goutas Daland O'Dowda

Willock Robertson Ramsey Ralls

Robinson Ashford

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:01 pm

Bulut could very well change players but its the style of play someone should show him a warnock game playing wolves on a sh.tty midweek game and say thats what we want
fight for the ball not stand of directness no fannying around at the back with goalkeepers trying to be pele
Warnock would go ballistic.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:06 pm

Someone should tell bulut we are not arsenal and playing this style is not working
you tried it last few games of last season and this season proof its to slow and lots of fans are been put to sleep in the first half when we should be on the edges of our seats

Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:22 pm

We could have appointed Steve Cooper,Nathan Jones or Rob Edwards all Welshmen who know the Championship but Dalman persuaded Tan to go for an unknown foreigner again this time Bulut, last time it was Ole, both have been disasters as they don’t know the Championship.We need a proven Championship Manager and a proven Premier League Manager if we ever get promoted again! Not Rocket Science but unless Tan replaces Dalman and Choo for a proven Director of Football to choose the right Manager nothing will change and he should sell up before he loses more money!

Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:41 pm

He has lost the plot.

Trying the same thing over and over hoping it will eventually work.

I can tell by the players body language that they are simply not playing for him.

Unfortunately it's exactly the same like the losing run under Mick, it's inevitable he's going to be given his marching orders.

This is some of the worst football I've ever seen down at the City, I nearly turned the game off after 10 mins on Sat.

It was that bad, it felt like an hour watching it.

This is not a bad squad and any half decent manager would have it mid table.

The fans only wanted to keep Bulut out of fear that the hierarchy would bring in another cheap internal appointment.