Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ RIP SOL BAMBA “

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:44 pm

CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB:

It is with the deepest sadness that we have learnt this evening about the passing of Club legend, Sol Bamba.

As a player and coach, Sol's impact on our football club was immeasurable. He was a hero to all of us, a leader in every dressing room and a true gentleman.

Our thoughts are with his friends, family and everyone lucky enough to know and love Sol.

Confirmed: Sol Bamba has died, aged 39.

Just seeing all over twitter that Sol has passed away. Looks like legitimate posts. Absolutely gutted for him and his family. What a genuinely nice guy.

Re: Bamba

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:56 pm

Devasting news, R.I.P Sol

Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:56 pm

Confirmed by his club. May he rest in peace. A great player and a great man. :-(

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:02 pm

Terrible news. Such a great player for us and by all accounts an even better human being.

Re: RIP SOL BAMBA

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:07 pm

Absolutely awful news, devastated.

Fortunate to have met him several times and he really was a top class bloke.

Terrible thing to hear.

RIP Sol, thoughts to his family and friends.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:09 pm

Awful news I loved sol never failed to give 100% everytime he pulled that shirt on

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:10 pm

Devastated. Nicest man in football. RIP SOL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:15 pm

Life can be a b*stard.
ŔIP Sol,will always be a Bloooobird.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:15 pm

Such terrible news.

R.I.P Sol

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:16 pm

Devasting news, R.I.P Sol

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:17 pm

Tragic news R.I.P Sol Bamba a true warrior on and off the pitch and Cardiff City hteat. We miss you Souleymane.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:17 pm

Dreadful news.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:19 pm

Unbelievable, such sad news

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:20 pm

I am really gutted by this! What a player he was and an even better man. Thank you Sol for the memories!!

RIP Sol Bamba
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sol Bamba has sadly passed away aged 39, Adanaspor announce.

Bamba moved in July as head coach and was taken ill before the game against Manisa yesterday.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:22 pm

A Gentleman and a Real True Legend RIP
Sol Bamba :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City legend Sol Bamba has died at the age of 39.

The former Bluebirds defender, who took charge of Turkish 1.Lig side Adanaspor last month, was taken ill before his team’s match against Manisa BBSK on Friday and later died in hospital, the club has confirmed.

A statement from Adanaspor posted on Saturday night read: “Our Technical Director Souleymane Bamba, who fell ill before the Manisa Football Club match played yesterday, was taken to Manisa Celal Bayar University Hospital and unfortunately lost his battle for life there. Our condolences to his family and our community.”

Bamba spent five years with Cardiff as a player before returning as assistant to ex-boss Sabri Lamouchi in 2023. Having studied his coaching badges in Wales, his move to Turkey was his first move into management.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:22 pm

Dreadful news

RIP Sol Bamba

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:25 pm

RIP sol.

A great character, leader and man. Absolutely devastating news.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:26 pm

I'm not just saying this, he's genuinely one of the nicest guys I've ever met had all the time in the world for me and others that was around! RIP bamba one of the nice guys

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:29 pm

Absolutely devastating to hear this tonight. Puts all the nonsense of our football club and how crap we are into perspective. RIP Sol sending love to your wife and family. Way too young for such a gentle giant

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:32 pm

Can’t get my head around it. Puts everything into context. Great player for us and truly gutted. RIP big man.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:37 pm

Unbelieveable news ! Absolutely gutted. A Great man . Rip Big Man. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:37 pm

Saddest news I have heard this year. A great footballer and a great man.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:38 pm

Gutted RIP big man.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:40 pm

Gutted. Just gutted. Thanks for the memories Big Man.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:50 pm

Heart breaking news RIP bigman .
Last Christmas I gave you my heart bit the very next day you gave it away next year to see you from tears I give it to sole ba :ayatollah: mba

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:54 pm

CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB:

It is with the deepest sadness that we have learnt this evening about the passing of Club legend, Sol Bamba.

As a player and coach, Sol's impact on our football club was immeasurable. He was a hero to all of us, a leader in every dressing room and a true gentleman.

Our thoughts are with his friends, family and everyone lucky enough to know and love Sol.

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:58 pm

IMG_3420.png

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:11 pm

Just brings things into perspective
A gent
A nice guy
A bluebird