Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wait, did we get it wrong?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:54 pm

Pre-season, many bookies, pundits and so called experts tipped us for relegation.
We looked at them bemused given the hopes and expectations of the wave we always seem to ride.

Erol and Co talking Top 6 or even 2.

Yet, here we are... Rooted to the foot of the table?

Perhaps they really did know what they were talking about and we all got it horribly wrong.

10/08/24 Cardiff City 0 Sunderland 2 :cry: Crowd 21,410 Sunderland Fans 2,140

17/08/24 Burnley 5 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 18,508 Away Support 1.149

Sunday 25/08/24 Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 20,174 Away Support 1,480

31/08/24 12:30pm Cardiff City 0 Middlesbrough 2 Crowd 17,980 Away Support 1,470
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Wait, did we get it wrong?

Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:07 am

AJ1927 wrote:Pre-season, many bookies, pundits and so called experts tipped us for relegation.
We looked at them bemused given the hopes and expectations of the wave we always seem to ride.

Perhaps they really did know what they were talking about and we all got it horribly wrong.

On what basis did they make that esumption though? Certainly not last seasons position.... not sure the players brought in are the worst on championship either.....

Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:44 am

pembroke allan wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:Pre-season, many bookies, pundits and so called experts tipped us for relegation.

On what basis did they make that esumption though? Certainly not last seasons position.... not sure the players brought in are the worst on championship either.....

On the basis that Bulut was still our manager.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:06 am

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

On the basis that Bulut was still our manager.

Nail on head. They didn’t buy his it be different next year bullshit.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:52 am

The bookies have analysts, statistics, and their eyes.

We are an aging squad with a manager who hasn't come to grips with the championship and shows no sign of it.

The championship is no longer a long ball league, it's a high-pressure/press league because teams want to keep the ball as you need to if they do get promoted. But, as these are not premier league-level players they make mistakes so any press will do.

The Turkish leagues are slower, possession-based, low block, and counter. He has no idea what to do over here and any neutral can see it.

We are never going to "impose" our style and make them play our game over any other championship club. You press, we fold and we can't penetrate if you set a low block.

The bookies were spot on!

There is enough in the sqaud for a decent manager to make us effective, but Bulut needs to go first.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:32 am

Absolutely spot on , I been saying it since Christmas and been had a go at for saying it .

Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:00 pm

We were down for relegation season before so probably thought play safe we'll say it again! Not sure ever had a team down for relegation on basis of the manager particularly as he moved team from relegation (would been exept for points deducted) to mid table security despite poor results

Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:10 pm

TaxiBlue wrote:Absolutely spot on , I been saying it since Christmas and been had a go at for saying it .

Same for me pal. I’ve copped some flak on here , even been called Anti Bulut , having an agenda and a hater. All not true. Just my opinion. I saw warning signs of how this had panned out very early on last season. I’m sad to say it’s played out almost exactly how I predicted and feared. I so wanted to be wrong.

But Top 6 talk pre season. Why? Where did that come from? What grounds for such an ambition. I said it then and I’ll say it now, that was cringeworthy and madness. I am optimistic glass half full, but that was ridiculous, more so because of who is running our club .

Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:01 pm

Every fan in country (except premier league) always start a season with optimism that team will do if they didn't they wouldn't go to games..... Boro fans very optimistic last season but started far worse than we have with same manager as previous season
So to say knew we be where we are with bulut in charge is being knowledgeable after the event.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:04 pm

Yeh think you all have been right for a while , I was trying to be optimistic for bulut but I’ve seen enough now , sick of the baffling team selection and boring football , I just didn’t want to believe it even though deep down I could see it happening, you all seen it a good while ago so hats off to you , :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:42 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
TaxiBlue wrote:Absolutely spot on , I been saying it since Christmas and been had a go at for saying it .

Same for me pal. I’ve copped some flak on here , even been called Anti Bulut , having an agenda and a hater. All not true. Just my opinion. I saw warning signs of how this had panned out very early on last season. I’m sad to say it’s played out almost exactly how I predicted and feared. I so wanted to be wrong.

But Top 6 talk pre season. Why? Where did that come from? What grounds for such an ambition. I said it then and I’ll say it now, that was cringeworthy and madness. I am optimistic glass half full, but that was ridiculous, more so because of who is running our club .

Me too! I got told I was negative and got loads of stick for saying his tactics were negative and every team we played since last November knew exactly how to play against us cos Bulut only has a plan A.

I really did hope to eat humble pie but I can't see that happening now.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:48 pm

I listen to the NTT20 podcast. They’re very good when it comes to the EFL.

They had us 18th.

They said that was because they thought at some point things would “blow up” with Erol Bulut.

Looking like they were right.