Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Booing o dowda ? Why?

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:27 pm

Feel for the players and booing o dowda at the end of the game when he came over I thought was not right , it ain’t his fault he puts everything into it , it’s obviously the players don’t know what they are meant to do , they are confused , and clueless as to what the game plan is , it’s getting more and more obvious now , bulut has to go , maybe he wants to go , a 2 year payment bak to Turkey with his family is what he wants .
We need someone who knows what they are doing !

Re: Booing o dowda ? Why?

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:06 pm

Fans were just pissed off and rightly so. As a collective it's not good enough. Nice to see a reaction from odowda shows he cares. We pay good money to travel away and what's being served up is piss poor. Could have played all day we wouldn't have scored. Hopeful of a bounce if new manager comes in.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:23 pm

Barryblues wrote:Fans were just pissed off and rightly so. As a collective it's not good enough. Nice to see a reaction from odowda shows he cares. We pay good money to travel away and what's being served up is piss poor. Could have played all day we wouldn't have scored. Hopeful of a bounce if new manager comes in.

Yeh mate I know we were all pissed off but feel for o dowda having that shit , glad he reacted the way he did , shows passion
This is all down to bulut not the players , we have a good quality team there but no idea what to do
Anyway hopefully he’s gone tonight

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:32 pm

I absolutely hate the idea of booing your own team.

The players are not completely blameless however. There's enough experience in that squad to recognise what's going wrong on the pitch and put it right, regardless of how they are being told to play by Bulut.

Make no mistake - those players are not playing for that manager and are doing nothing to save his job for him.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:46 pm

Why not? A big character will bounce back or blatently ignore it.

Our fans are fair. If they bust a gut and went out on their shield... they wouldn't get boo'd.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:49 pm

davids wrote:I absolutely hate the idea of booing your own team.

The players are not completely blameless however. There's enough experience in that squad to recognise what's going wrong on the pitch and put it right, regardless of how they are being told to play by Bulut.

Make no mistake - those players are not playing for that manager and are doing nothing to save his job for him.

I think they actually don’t know what his tactics /plan are , they just look and play confused
Hopefully this is the last game under him , but it’s gonna keep going like this until tan sells , (sooner than he better)

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:52 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Why not? A big character will bounce back or blatently ignore it.

Our fans are fair. If they bust a gut and went out on their shield... they wouldn't get boo'd.

He does bust a gut but what is he meant to do when the team dont know what they are meant to do

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:56 pm

The players need to take some responsibility too. They’re being hamstrung by the tactics of Bulut but need to step up.

ODowda was one of our best players today though

Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:05 pm

Sometimes in life u must be cruel to be kind,Bulut has 100% lost the dressing room it’s up to the players to all get together and voice their thoughts to Bulut on what they all feel at this present time

Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:36 am

I thought O'Dowda and Elgazi were ineffective yesterday.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:42 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I thought O'Dowda and Elgazi were ineffective yesterday.

You are right but neither player had a chance one to one with their full opposing full back; tactics don’t allow this atm.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:27 pm

Never booed a City player even when getting stuffed or how bad we have played, Some city fans would be booing if we were top of the Championship and lost to the bottom team ffs. Yeh we have played poor but booing doesn't do anything. :bluebird:

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:32 pm

Totally agree I was at Derby and clapped Odowda when he came over to applaud the fans. The abuse he received was uncalled for and I had to walk away because otherwise I could easily have got in an argument with some of our so called supporters!

You are there to support the team through the good times and the bad times. I honestly don't think any of our players didn't give less than 100% at Derby but that is just my opinion. However booing and shouting abuse at our players achieves nothing and just drives a wedge between players and fans and that can't be good.

I have no doubt we will turn this run of poor form around and let's hope it starts against Leeds. So let's all get behind the team on Saturday and all pay tribute to a Bluebirds Legend and honour Sol Campbell :bluebird: :)