Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEEDS - WE CAN WIN : ‘On paper’ we should n

Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:00 am

LEEDS - WE CAN WIN :

‘On paper’ we should not even turn up ! We might as well give them the 3 points .

They are a team full of really established internationals ….probably 8 internationals starting.

Usually , I am a realistic person ….and therefore I ‘know’ that the high probability is that we will lose …..given Bulut’s intrenched tactics ….and a team devoid of confidence and drive . We are a Club whose soul has been ripped apart ….by a soulless ownership … over many years .

Yet somehow , I have a premonition that against Leeds this Saturday we are going to win !….. with or without Bulut. Leeds may be the spark that will kick start our season .

The omnipotent self belief spirit ….of … we can beat the best …we are the totally unified Bluebirds ….the spirit of January 2002 ….when we defeated Leeds ….is now long gone . Oh if we could only get half of that now.

However , I spot one weakness …a chink in the Leeds armor …which I hope will work in our favor. LEEDS ARE A COLLECTION OF All SORTS ! They are not a team.

The team that we are likely to face has :

* A German manager ….Daniel Farke. * A French goal-keeper ….Ilan Messier . * An English right back….. Jayden Bogle .

* A Welsh C1/2 …. Joe Roden . * A Belgian C1/2 ….Pascal Struijk . * A Dominican left back …..Junior Firpo.

* A Bulgarian MF …. Ilia Gruev . * A Welsh MF ….. Ethan Ampadu. * An Italian right winger…..Wilfred Granto .

* An Israeli left winger ….Manor Solomon. *A USA attacking MF(No. 10) ….. Brenden Aaronson. * A Spanish striker ….Mateo Joseph.

I am not joking or exaggerating … but this is the most likely team we will face . Individually ….as players… we are dead ….. but collectively …. Leeds are not a team ! ….(I am hoping) … they are a collection of individuals. My hope is that such a team of

ALL SORTS will not have the matrix to play as one unit ….as a team.

While it is true that the majority of top teams have many nationalities and also internationals (including us !) ….but Leeds are carrying to a ridiculous level ….which I find crazy. To me …. Welsh - English - Scottish and Irish are really ‘practically’ the same with a very similar background ….. but Leeds are like a team from all over the world .

Look I know that we should lose ….but there is a mysterious something that is deep down telling me that this Saturday is our day.

Is it wishful thinking ? Desperation ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LEEDS - WE CAN WIN : ‘On paper’ we shou

Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:03 am

Leeds have only Won 2 of their 6 League & Cup games so yes why not, we can beat them.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:47 am

It is indeed wishful thinking, yes and desperation.
Still hope springs eternal

Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:49 am

I should say I d love us to beat em we may get punches luck but we need to have a real go at them

Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:08 am

I love the optimism. I really was confident of a win yesterday. Realistic scenario on Saturday is we won't score and they will get at least one. We do have a good record against them but our tactics will probably be our downfall.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:25 am

Bulut will lose us the game with his dire tactics and zero attack .
However if there is a game this club should be up for it's always Leeds.
Let's just hope we don't flat line again go and attack em with a high press and real intensity from kick off and us fans will appreciate it then we can win

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:16 am

They haven't had the best start to the season and now is probably the best time to play a team that is so strong.

But they could have 4 blind men playing and we still couldn't get a result.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:17 am

This reminds me of that program from the 70s called Fantasy Island.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:27 am

I think there may be snow forecast....if only

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:07 am

Love the optimism but all I can see another loss , hope
I’m wrong
Can’t keep watching this boring football , it’s painful to watch ,
Only reason I’m going is to show my respect for Bamba :bluebird: .
Buluts game plan , tactics can go f*cking do one

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:27 am

Clutching at straws I'm afraid.

The owner of the club has taken the addictive positivity that goes with being a football supporter out of most of us over the last four years with the circus that he is personally responsible for. Once that goes the club is available n real danger of 4th tier football.

For instance I'm not really bothered about wether bullet stays or goes or who takes over until Tan is gone there will always be a shadow hanging over the club.
Most of us on this forum are City through and through and most for many decades and we deserve better.If it was any other business other than football we `d be long gone.
Tan, sell up and f**k off, the hassle and embarrassment must be even to much for you.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:57 pm

I have a feeling we will get something out of this as well because 'On paper' we should not be bottom of the league. Pushing top 6 if you look at our individual players. All down to tactics and managers

Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:57 pm

Leeds are not the world beaters people make them out to be, they'll not be top two again.

They sold Summerville and Rutter.

Burnley beat them at Elland Road on Saturday. That isn't the Burnley that won the league a couple of seasons ago or even the Burnley that thrashed us - they have lost a lot of good players since then.

We should attack.

But if Bulut is still around, we'll only attack when they go 2-0 up.