Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ollie Tanner Arrested?

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:27 am

Woke up this morning to see a video on my timeline of who is thought to be Ollie Tanner in trouble with the police after the derby game yesterday. Hard to tell if it is actually him or not?

https://x.com/harryba02122820/status/1835156202356949081?s=46&t=i_SUgJlEdbeg9npHmAo0Cg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ollie Tanner Arrested?

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:31 am

Who knows, I'd get drunk and stupid if I was him .

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:38 am

I think it was for impersonating a professional footballer.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:44 am

It does look like him.

If it is him, would expect the club will also take some sort of action.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:57 am

The club should take action against the manager if anything.

An attacking mindset player, who is being stuck in a team of backward and sideways passing with no actual forward momentum.

I'd go and get drunk too.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:03 am

he's not that good anyway, league 1 at very best and will not get any better, will do well when we are relegated and even better when Tan gets us into league 2

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:04 am

It could be him, but surely he would have come back to Cardiff on the team bus, unless he is from Derby and was staying over to see family /friends. But he came from Lewes is that Sussex area? when he was interviewed after the Swansea game his accent didn't sound from the Derby area, but hey who knows. We will soon find out

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:06 am

avondaleblue wrote:It could be him, but surely he would have come back to Cardiff on the team bus, unless he is from Derby and was staying over to see family /friends. But he came from Lewes is that Sussex area? when he was interviewed after the Swansea game his accent didn't sound from the Derby area, but hey who knows. We will soon find out

Not sure where his Family live these days but he's from Bromley in London

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:06 am

avondaleblue wrote:It could be him, but surely he would have come back to Cardiff on the team bus, unless he is from Derby and was staying over to see family /friends. But he came from Lewes is that Sussex area? when he was interviewed after the Swansea game his accent didn't sound from the Derby area, but hey who knows. We will soon find out

given we do not know it's him, or if arrested, or what for, or whether if he was whether he'd get charged or given the slap on the wrist - makes no difference at present - just hope he had a good night out :laughing5:

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:13 am

That’s not him

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:22 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:That’s not him

If you watch the video sure you can see that luthra in the background and he’s on derbys books now

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:33 am

Someone said they seen willock at one of the train stations in London after the game so I take it they was allowed some time to them selves.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:37 am

Arrested for crimes against football

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:43 am

The X thread says 'probable spam' and another still taken doesn't look anything like him, which it doesn't to me anyway. Here's the screenshot:

20240915_113931.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:40 am

Not sure it's him tbh

Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:52 am

Tanner has some good attributes but was poor when he came on yesterday. If we had NML for the first 60 mins it would be a different story, but we'd expect him to be the 2nd full back.

We played in the midlands he could well and truly be home by 8pm. Its not our coppers though

Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:26 pm

If it’s not him he has a doppleganger! Drunk and disorderly probably whoever it is. Bulut has been driving me to drink for a 12 month!

Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:16 pm

We obviously don’t know if it’s true yet but if so then it’s another example of standard not being set, or players just don’t care.

I’d be more harsh than most as I think a professional athlete of any kind on the piss during the season makes a complete mockery of the fanbase.

Makes it even worse if our players are doing this while rock bottom of the league with one fluked point

Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:06 pm

I don’t think it him why would he want a night out in derby he’s not from there

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:33 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:I don’t think it him why would he want a night out in derby he’s not from there

A I . ;)

Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:24 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:I don’t think it him why would he want a night out in derby he’s not from there

Especially when it can snow at any given time.

Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:59 am

Seems it was Ollie Tanner, according to WalesOnline, and they had this to say…

The acrimony from the fans towards the team following the Derby loss served to heighten the supporters' ire. Indeed, a short video of Ollie Tanner which emerged on social media in the hours after the match only added to the fans' sense of despair.

However, WalesOnline has been told Tanner was not arrested, contrary to another theory which was spread on social media. We understand he found himself in an area where police were called to attend to some unrest and Tanner, as well as a number of other people, was asked just to provide his name before being told to move on.

Sounds no different to any city centre Saturday night and no action taken, so we move on… :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:04 pm

New Day Rising wrote:

Especially when it can snow at any given time.

Derby, Snow, Winger as in NML - there must be a joke in there somewhere ?