Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aaron Ramsey as manager?

Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:06 pm

This is what I'm thinking.

I just can't see Bulut lasting long now and due to finances I just feel Ramsey would be a cheap option. So would this be a good move?

We are in such a mess, we have been for a few seasons, I can only see one thing happening and that is relegation to League One. Will that be such a bad thing well not as bad as most of us think I believe. For the rest of the season I would give Ramsey the chance to see what he can do with the intention of him getting a handle of the job. If he keeps us up then great but it will not be the end of the world if he takes us down. Hopefully he will have learnt a lot and take that into League One.

A drop to League One is perhaps what we need. With a young manager is place that knows the game well it could be a lot worse. I would like to think his contacts could be useful to him aka Bellamy oreven Wenger. Bottom line here is this scenario is more encouraging than what we have now.

Damn it why not?

Re: Aaron Ramsey as manager

Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:13 pm

Can’t get any worse and the supporters would give Ramsey a bit more time due to who his is.

As you say, why the hell not?

Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:20 pm

Loved him in his prime. Not against this idea, I’d rather Errol Flynn over Erol Bulut quite frankly. We will never know unless we try, Speedo, Bellars, Arteta, Lampard all given opportunities. Would need a good man by the side of him with experience . Giggs, Jones, Jovanovic and others mentioned on here all good shouts, just never want to see Bulutball or hear us lack of accountability ever again.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:21 pm

Why not? Maybe because he's got zero experience and is an active international which would leave us managerless whenever Wales are playing.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:32 pm

He’d have to quit playing

Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:This is what I'm thinking.

I just can't see Bulut lasting long now and due to finances I just feel Ramsey would be a cheap option. So would this be a good move?

We are in such a mess, we have been for a few seasons, I can only see one thing happening and that is relegation to League One. Will that be such a bad thing well not as bad as most of us think I believe. For the rest of the season I would give Ramsey the chance to see what he can do with the intention of him getting a handle of the job. If he keeps us up then great but it will not be the end of the world if he takes us down. Hopefully he will have learnt a lot and take that into League One.

A drop to League One is perhaps what we need. With a young manager is place that knows the game well it could be a lot worse. I would like to think his contacts could be useful to him aka Bellamy oreven Wenger. Bottom line here is this scenario is more encouraging than what we have now.

Damn it why not?

The idea of Aaron Ramsey is not a bad one and I concur…

However, a drop to League One is 100% not what we need, as I honestly believe Vincent Tan no longer has the will or the nouse to get us back up anytime soon…

Sadly, and for all my usual positivity, I am now convinced our club is in a state of stagnation and the answer is as clear as it is unlikely; the owner needs to cut his losses and leave the club to someone who can/will push us on…

I have my idea but there’s less chance of that than a Roath Magic apology…! :lol: :ayatollah:

Re: Aaron Ramsey as manager?

Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:47 pm

I've been thinking about how amazing it would be to have Aaron Ramsey step in as player-manager. Sure, he might have to retire from international duty with Wales, but considering how little was achieved during the recent break under Bulut, it wouldn't be a huge difference if he didn’t.

I genuinely believe that with Ramsey at the helm, we'd see a completely different brand of football – exciting, attacking, and full of energy. He knows the club inside out, and I think his influence could really help reunite the fanbase, which we all know is one of the best around.

What are your thoughts? Could this be the spark we need to bring everyone back together and move forward with a bold new direction?

Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:36 pm

Giggs with ramsey assistant

Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:46 pm

montyblue wrote:Giggs with ramsey assistant

Giggs fits most of tans criteria
Him with collaboration of a good assistant would work very well .

Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:50 pm

Einstein wrote:He’d have to quit playing

Could I ask Why ?

There has been lots of player/managers over the years, unless I am missing something? (rule changes ?)

I personally think Bullit has either lost the dressing room or the players dont get the line up or tactics ?

Anything is better than this shit :bluebird: :bluescarf: :old:

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:06 pm

Sven wrote:

Damn it why not?

However, a drop to League One is 100% not what we need, as I honestly believe Vincent Tan no longer has the will or the nouse to get us back up anytime soon…

Sadly, and for all my usual positivity, I am now convinced our club is in a state of stagnation and the answer is as clear as it is unlikely; the owner needs to cut his losses and leave the club to someone who can/will push us on…

I have my idea but there’s less chance of that than a Roath Magic apology…! :lol: :ayatollah:

The worst thing going for Tan other than his severe lack of football knowledge is that he has hit fingers in too many pies, ideally he needs to let 2/3 clubs go and concentrate on one. Until that happens there won’t be any extra funds and plenty more cutbacks and under that way of working we’re looking at a long tough season and the real possibility of League 1 next season unfortunately.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:07 pm

Sven wrote:

Damn it why not?

Yes Chris a drop tp League One is something that is not appealing after all but would it be such a bad thing. If Ramsey took the job on woud it be an ideal place to rebuild the team, get the confidence back etc etc. I cannot see that happening if we remain in the Championship.

As for Tan we might have to stick with him a bit longer though which just does not appeal to me one bit.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:14 pm

I really don't think Ramsey has the temperament for a manager.
This lot need someone to kick them up the arse type.
Bit like warlock.
Ramsey seems a quiet nice guy

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:19 pm

I don't want to put a dampener on this Aaron Ramsey for manager thread but why on Earth is this even considered a possibility ? We all know he used to be a high quality midfielder but that's it. No one knows if he has man management skills, is tactically astute or has the ability to pull together a group of under-performing individuals and turn them into a team. In our current situation we have to find someone with those qualities and pretty quick.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:28 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:I don't want to put a dampener on this Aaron Ramsey for manager thread but why on Earth is this even considered a possibility ? We all know he used to be a high quality midfielder but that's it. No one knows if he has man management skills, is tactically astute or has the ability to pull together a group of under-performing individuals and turn them into a team. In our current situation we have to find someone with those qualities and pretty quick.

If Mark Hudson, Steve Morison and potentially Darren Purse can have the job why not Rambo?

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:41 pm

Will he be fit enough to be in technical area? And where is injury update nearly a week and sfa about him.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:44 pm

The most important thing is he looks good in a suit, is bright, articulate, and media friendly. It's not as if he was the club accountant,he has played under some amazing managers, coaches, and programs.

Whether he is the guy to rebuild the infrastructure of the club, I doubt. But we need someone to get the group of players we have to significantly improve over the next 41 games.

If we had a decent DoF and infrastructure then of course he could be head coach, my concern is we don't.

I can't be the only one who assumed this progression must have been in his mind when he came back home.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Will he be fit enough to be in technical area? And where is injury update nearly a week and sfa about him.

Haha that put a smile on my face!

Agree with another poster, this group of players need someone to instill a bit of fire in their belly's. Rambo's not ready for that. He could become someone's no2 perhaps next year but I don't think we should be giving him another playing contract

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:50 pm

llan bluebird wrote:The most important thing is he looks good in a suit, is bright, articulate, and media friendly. It's not as if he was the club accountant,he has played under some amazing managers, coaches, and programs.

Whether he is the guy to rebuild the infrastructure of the club, I doubt. But we need someone to get the group of players we have to significantly improve over the next 41 games.

If we had a decent DoF and infrastructure then of course he could be head coach, my concern is we don't.

I can't be the only one who assumed this progression must have been in his mind when he came back home.

What do you mean by infrastructure? Academy and facilities are great, new training ground being built as ww soeak ? The only problem I see is the 1st team manager and his back room team that can't utilise the academy properly?

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:57 pm

Perhaps they will have a chat with a certain ex manager on Friday night whilst he is down the Club.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:04 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:I don't want to put a dampener on this Aaron Ramsey for manager thread but why on Earth is this even considered a possibility ? We all know he used to be a high quality midfielder but that's it. No one knows if he has man management skills, is tactically astute or has the ability to pull together a group of under-performing individuals and turn them into a team. In our current situation we have to find someone with those qualities and pretty quick.

If Mark Hudson, Steve Morison and potentially Darren Purse can have the job why not Rambo?

For exactly the same reasons I specified in my post.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:06 pm

wez1927 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:The most important thing is he looks good in a suit, is bright, articulate, and media friendly. It's not as if he was the club accountant,he has played under some amazing managers, coaches, and programs.

What do you mean by infrastructure? Academy and facilities are great, new training ground being built as ww soeak ? The only problem I see is the 1st team manager and his back room team that can't utilise the academy properly?

Not physical the structure within the business, because it is a business.

Non existent CEO, no mission statement, no vision, no 5 year plan
No DoF or Sporting director, Poor recruitment process, very little continuity or succession planning
Poor commercial management, little media activity, press office are poor relying on a few chosen apostles
The stadium experience very poor, basically "take it or leave it". When is the shop open, god knows and the internet is unreliable/
No interaction with TFW or Cardiff bus as the coordination is shocking

Other than than its fine :D

Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:30 pm

montyblue wrote:Giggs with ramsey assistant

Giggs badly lacks morals. He's awful

Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:38 pm

Maybe as a caretaker, give him a few games and see how he does.

But because of the league position, a manager with experience of this league would be more preferable.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:51 pm

With our finances, a drop to L1 would be a kidney blow. We really do not want to cut our cash flow with a relegation.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:30 pm

He would be a gamble, but can't be doing much worse than we are now.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Maybe as a caretaker, give him a few games and see how he does.

But because of the league position, a manager with experience of this league would be more preferable.

I wouldn't mind him as a caretaker......give him a brush, a mop and see if he can unblock toilets.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:37 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Maybe as a caretaker, give him a few games and see how he does.

I wouldn't mind him as a caretaker......give him a brush, a mop and see if he can unblock toilets.

:lol:

Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

:lol:

:lol: :clap:

Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:57 pm

Ramsey is taking the piss as his the latest and previous Wales managers.Plays for Wales gets injured,gets fit for Wales then gets injured.
Yesterday.Etete,Davies,Collins Daland , Ramsey and Collins out injured.Add to this the players we signed we are not match fit and there lies our problem.
I said the at the start of the season we could have an hospital within CCS.