Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

28,000 at birmingham v wrexham tonight

Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:36 pm

We cannot get near that on a saturday.

Re: 28,000 at birmingham v wrexham tonight

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:07 pm

montyblue wrote:We cannot get near that on a saturday.

No as no Hollywood presence was like whos who of celebs tonight! :clap:

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:27 pm

Fair play, unbelievable crowd for League One.

We'll probably have 15k actually in the stadium on Saturday, I'll be there.

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Fair play, unbelievable crowd for League One.

We'll probably have 15k actually in the stadium on Saturday, I'll be there.

Should be a full house as its bamba's day and leeds .

Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:53 pm

3 at the top in Div 1 - Wrexham - Birmingham and Dalman/Charlton ;)

Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:55 am

And we have 14k.... Very sad but it comes down to an earlier thread of mine. People in south wales support english clubs. How many time have you heard this "i support liverpool but i want all welsh clubs to do well"

Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:01 am

There's lots of N Wales big English supporters too.
Even Leeds, Wolves and brummie have a welsh following.

Most I know say they'd rather a jack fan than a weksh scouse ir Manchester fan..
(I think thay could change though with this loyalist protestant thing their trying hard to create).

We are welsh baptist pagan hippies for fck sake lol ..

Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:11 am

Also our home performances and results have been poor over the past few years !! Can anybody honestly say they enjoy going to games at the moment?

Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:13 am

The fact of the matter is simple,,,, There's no "feel good factor" at Cardiff City anymore. In fact, the last time there was a FGF was during the 2017/18 season, and apart from one brief season in the Premiership, its been a case of cut back, cut back, cut back, and reset, reset, reset since then... and a slow but surely downwards trajectory. The longer this trend continues, the worst its going to get.

Vincent Tan, not so long ago, was asked if he had a plan,,, "of course we have a plan" was his reply?

Id like to know what are his plans are for our club, because the only plan I see that is really working, is grinding City firmly into the ground!

Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:04 pm

Hereford United at Ninian Park in April 1976. A crowd of 35549 for a 3rd Division game on a Wednesday night

Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:54 pm

Birmingham wasn’t getting anywhere near that last year in the championship when they were struggling. I’m sure we would get a large crowd if we had a famous owner who just spent 10 mill on a striker. Also playing against a team with also famous owners for the top spot adds even more excitement to the fixture. To be honest the size and population of Birmingham, they should be getting massive crowds, but really don’t on a regular basis.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:57 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:Birmingham wasn’t getting anywhere near that last year in the championship when they were struggling. I’m sure we would get a large crowd if we had a famous owner who just spent 10 mill on a striker. Also playing against a team with also famous owners for the top spot adds even more excitement to the fixture. To be honest the size and population of Birmingham, they should be getting massive crowds, but really don’t on a regular basis.

The fact that Villa are in the Champions League probably means more people will go and watch them.

A bit like people in South Wales watching us in the PL but also watching Swansea when they were in the PL.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:07 pm

stickywicket wrote:Hereford United at Ninian Park in April 1976. A crowd of 35549 for a 3rd Division game on a Wednesday night

And anyone who was there will tell you it was way more than the official number. Turnstiles were almost all cash in those days, no cctv or any sort of oversight, 4 for the club, 1 for the operator.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:07 pm

If only we had decent conscientious owners who knew how to run a club properly eh? All we get is idiots who continually make the wrong decisions, don’t employ the right people and just get us more in to debt.

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:39 am

stickywicket wrote:Hereford United at Ninian Park in April 1976. A crowd of 35549 for a 3rd Division game on a Wednesday night

Didn’t that cost Malcolm Allison a case of champagne, because he said Palace would have a bigger crowd?