Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Breaking: Dave Jones Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:18 pm

Dave Jones the Nearly Man, 6 yrs at Cardiff City , Beautiful Football, had a Quality Squad.

But Bottles the Big Matches, the ones that matter.

AND WHY HAS NO CLUB EMPLOYED JONES FOR 7 YEARS ?

Can be very Arrogant.

Jones has non stop lately put his name in the ring to return to Cardiff even as an Interim Manager, when Bulut gets Fired, which won’t be that long, unless miracles start happening.

Not a fan of his, but would take Jones over Darren Purse any day.

Vincent Tan really likes him.

OPINIONS ????

Hartlepool he last managed in 2017 and they blame him for their Relegation to Non League.

Sheffield Wednesday Fans Detest Jones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Breaking: Dave Jones Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:26 pm

best manager for us dave jones. loved our club.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dave Jones the Nearly Man, 6 yrs at Cardiff City , Beautiful Football, had a Quality Squad.

But Bottles the Big Matches, the ones that matter.

AND WHY HAS NO CLUB EMPLOYED JONES FOR 7 YEARS ?

Can be very Arrogant.

Jones has non stop lately put his name in the ring to return to Cardiff even as an Interim Manager, when Bulut gets Fired, which won’t be that long, unless miracles start happening.

Not a fan of his, but would take Jones over Darren Purse any day.

Vincent Tan really likes him

OPINIONS ????

Hartlepool he last managed in 2017 and they blame him for their Relegation to Non League.

Sheffield Wednesday Fans Detest Jones.

Not perfect, particularly now but would get us to play attacking football. Worth a punt in the interim maybe. Certainly better than someone within the club at present.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:35 pm

We know what we would get with him and he’s a good option for interim manager .
Sometimes arrogance isn’t a bad thing and can get the confidence back into the players that’s evaporated this season .
Yes from me but reports are saying that Bulut is staying according to Pompey and being given more time to turn it around ….

Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:41 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:49 pm

Reply:

Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:54 pm

This just shows how batshit the club is.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:This just shows how batshit the club is.

Haha yep. Mad that we can’t attract a decent current manager

Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:58 pm

Is this really breaking news?

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:09 pm

His time has probably passed but if we’re looking for an interim manager then would he really be any more of a risk than one of the coaching staff ?

Say what you like about him but he built a squad to play some of the best football I’ve seen at the City in my 50+ seasons of watching them.

It would generate some interest but could either end in tears within weeks or be the biggest turnaround ever !!

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:13 pm

How so?

I mean yeah the club is batshit crazy at the moment but how does this show it when the club has nothing to do with this.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:15 pm

Click bait??

This is a complete non story!!

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:22 pm

This would be a Cardiff City-ism, if I EVER saw one.

:laughing6:

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:23 pm

Perfect director of football for us tbh, done wonders with hardly any money . Under risdale he was asked to bring through and sell all our players .

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:23 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Click bait??

Is it? well it’s actually not as I have seen the messages personally

Chopra himself told me yesterday that DJ had asked

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:27 pm

I think terry burton was a big part with how that team played mind he was a cracking coach

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:34 pm

Cityboy1908 wrote:I think terry burton was a big part with how that team played mind he was a cracking coach

I've spoken to alot of former players of Jones' in recent months, and they all say the same, Terry did the tactical and training side, but as a man manager Jones was fantastic, he knew what each player needed to perform. Although i cannot see him coming back.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:35 pm

100% true as I've been told aswell that he wants the job

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:36 pm

I can back annis up that Dave Jones does want the job weather the club will but he is waiting in the wings ,this is from a former player .

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:36 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Click bait??

10000% true

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:54 pm

kyle08 wrote:100% true as I've been told aswell that he wants the job

Kyle,

Thank you, let’s see if I get an apology as usually they put shit like that out then disappear for a few days

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:I can back annis up that Dave Jones does want the job weather the club will but he is waiting in the wings ,this is from a former player .

Cheers Wez,

Appreciated

I look forward to my apology from him?????

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:58 pm

Correct, Ned…

I was a Jones fan when he was here but he had an odd side to him that didn’t endear him to the club’s support…

Took us to the FA Cup Final though; something I never thought I’d see…

I always thought Vincent Tan regretted sacking him and tried to bring him back on more than one occasion…

Past his sell by date? I would think so and my impression is that Omar Riza is being lined up; but if it means the current situation being resolved, I would give him (DJ) a chance… :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:59 pm

Do we give EB more time, for me Malky was better than Dave Jones, under Jones he sold all our best players, Malky bought players, i think we should build with what we have got, survival is the key here, so I would look for someone who can build this club.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:04 pm

Dave Jones football was the most exciting we've had for ages.
Not sure how I'd feel about him coming back though

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:13 pm

Howieblue wrote:Do we give EB more time, for me Malky was better than Dave Jones, under Jones he sold all our best players, Malky bought players, i think we should build with what we have got, survival is the key here, so I would look for someone who can build this club.

Jones had to sell to keep the club afloat, Dave Jones with money would of done better than malky or any other manager we've had since .

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:15 pm

Please no….. a nearly man.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:28 pm

If Dave Jones' was to return to Cardiff City as manager it would be a significant moment for both the club and the fans, given his previous success there. Jones managed Cardiff between 2005 and 2011, overseeing a transformative period for the club. During his tenure, he helped take the team to the 2008 FA Cup final and consistently kept them in contention for promotion to the Premier League, though they ultimately fell short in the play-offs.

A return could bring both challenges and opportunities. Jones has a deep understanding of the club and its culture, but the game has evolved since he last managed Cardiff. The modern football landscape demands tactical adaptability and a deep integration of sports science, data analytics, and player development.

If Jones were to come back, the fans might expect him to build on his past successes, but he'd also need to prove that he's still capable of managing at a high level in today’s competitive environment. With the club needing stability and direction, Jones’ experience could offer that, but it would be critical to see if he could blend that experience with modern football methods

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Howieblue wrote:Do we give EB more time, for me Malky was better than Dave Jones, under Jones he sold all our best players, Malky bought players, i think we should build with what we have got, survival is the key here, so I would look for someone who can build this club.

Jones had to sell to keep the club afloat, Dave Jones with money would of done better than malky or any other manager we've had since .

People seem to forget that wez he done things on the cheap compared to the other managers to date money wise and where we finished come the end of the season.

What I will say is we played our best football under Jones compared to every other manager we have had since then in my opinion.

Although there's probably no truth in story like the droves of others on social media.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:51 pm

Enjoyed the football while he was here. Bit of a miserable bugger though - I referred to him as Dave Moans!

Don't think he was a strict disciplinarian. Remember that abject 0-3 reverse at home to to Boro and the 0-6 reverse up at Preston that dropped us out of the playoffs on GD!