Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Ole “

Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:53 am

10 years ago today, Ole was sacked as our manager...

How do you remember his time in charge?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Ole “

Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:10 years ago today, Ole was sacked as our manager...

I don't, due to that red rag he's holding up.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:03 am

Met him many times when he was our manager and the first thing I'll say is he's a top class person. Always friendly to talk to and had time for everyone.

But a terrible manager for us. We would have been more likely to stay up if Malky had stayed in my view.

Very lucky he then went on to get the Man Utd job somehow. He only lasted so long there because he was always going to have the backing of their fans due to being seen as a legend there.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:48 am

SB 1927 wrote:

Same here. I was arguing with my mate recently as he said Zaha played for us. I literally have no recollection of those days (apart from a deep hatred for a lot of our “fans” who are nowhere to be seen now).

Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:02 pm

As a photographer back then I often sat along the touchline and spent a lot of time covering OGS reactions during the game.

I often felt sorry for him. From the fresh faced footballer, at ManUtd, he often looked as if he the world on his shoulders

It was clear that he had no plan B. It was clear that he didnt have a solution. It was clear that this was a significant step up from his previous club, Molde, and it was no surprise that he returned to Molde.

I was pleased. Partly because a 30-9-5-16-30% record was not good but also for his health which looked, game by game, as if it was taking its toll.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:13 pm

Good god no way, i did post on the dave jones post about x managers coming back just could' nt spell ole surname

Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:47 pm

Am I correct in thinking Ole was also a Dalman choice?

Considering Dalman was taking the piss out of Tan recently about Tan's lack of football knowledge Dalman's managed to prove that he knows about the same as Tan.

F**k all.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:28 pm

davids wrote:Am I correct in thinking Ole was also a Dalman choice?

Considering Dalman was taking the piss out of Tan recently about Tan's lack of football knowledge Dalman's managed to prove that he knows about the same as Tan.

F**k all.

Yes 100% Dalmans

Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:29 pm

SB 1927 wrote:

Great answer :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:Am I correct in thinking Ole was also a Dalman choice?

F**k all.

Yes 100% Dalmans

Dalman loves Man Utd, that's why he chose Ole.

Think he leaked the info about Ratcliffe buying stakes in United.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:58 pm

Definitely Dalmans choice. Nice guy, but totally out of his league managing Us….. totally out of his league managing MUFC.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Dalman seems to have a history of bad decisions. What's the deal with him, can Tan f**k him off or are we stuck with him? I'm sure I read on here that he borrows us money.

Whatever his deliverables are, he isn't achieving them, is he?

Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:21 pm

OGS :roll: