Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I really hope he gets the send off he deserves

Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:23 pm

Really hope the fans turn up on Saturday so that Sol Bamba gets the send off he truly deserves from us.

We all have our memories of him, high amongst them for me will be his winner against Brighton in the PL.

But it's not just his qualities as a footballer I'll remember, also his warmth as a genuinely top person.

So if you haven't already, do what you need to do to get to the CCS on Saturday to pay your respects - and be in your seat by 2.45pm.

Cardiff City v Leeds United. For Sol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I really hope he gets the send off he deserves

Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:31 pm

I’ll be there with my daughter!! Hope he has a great send off I’m sure he will.

RIP Sol

Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:45 pm

I'm sure the fans will turn up for this one and I hope to hear Last Christmas many many times.

It's strange how Leeds is our next home game and we played Boro last at home.

I'll be there with my son to pay our respects to a proper Bluebirds legend and a wonderful human being.

Everyone will have thy favourite memory of him. Mine was away to Southampton when he saluted the fans after he scored. When Zahore scored his "I'm back" winner in injury time my son celebrated so hard he turned white as a sheet, I thought he was going to pass out. Great day :thumbup:

Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:00 pm

The winning goal v Hull and the supporters signing last Xmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tfwhgANUuM

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:20 pm

It’s the only reason I’m turning up on Saturday is to pay respect to Sol. Otherwise it’s not for me, with the horrendous displays we’ve seen since October last year.