Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Glamorgan, Forest, Wrexham

Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:10 pm

Cricket today. Glamorgan at trent bridge. 90% Cardiff fans everywhere.
Pissing down, we ended up in a forest pub, good lads to be honest, talking the old days etc.
We were asked what we think of Wrexham.
We all looked at each other and thought nothing. I said we don't think anything. It's like forest asking about Newcastle.
They're not rivals, small club having a bit of success. Best of luck type stuff.
We have our own problems lol. Ask us about Jack's and Bristol city and we may say something different lol.
Whatever they do they are not rivals.
My question is.
If Wrexham get promoted. Would that become important rival to us Cardiff fans???

Personalty, I don't care wrexham or cewnty, if put on the spot. It's the JBs I detest more than anything. I even hate paying tax for their dole money lol...

Re: Glamorgan, Forest, Wrexham

Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:23 pm

I know what you mean and think the same . The media will build up the games if we’re in the same league but I’m not arsed either way tbh. Some rivalry from back in the 90s / early 00s but we didn’t really get on with anyone back then :) .

Always found north wales lads decent on wales away trips in fairness.

Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:44 am

I feel the same about Wrexham.
We used to have a bit of rivalry back in the late 70's when Dixie McNeil etc played for them.

But nowadays I'm glad to see them doing well, but you just know that if they get promoted, we'll be getting media coverage about who are the biggest Welsh club etc.

I agree with the comment about North Wales lads though, always got on okay with them and plenty of Wales away games back in the day with Wrexham, Colwyn Bay & Rhyl lads etc when the jacks were a no show.

Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:17 pm

Glammy won the one day cup beating Somerset

Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:42 pm

Don't see Wrexham as a local rival and never will, whether they are in the same league as us or not.

It would be like us being rivals with Liverpool, Everton, Chester, Tranmere etc. - which isn't and will never be the case.

I doubt they'd see us as rivals either - the ones they care about are Chester and Shrewsbury.

I continue to have my doubts that they'll get promoted to the Championship this season. The reason for that is I honestly don't believe Parkinson is good enough to get League One promotion.

They have had a good start but at some point they will find things more difficult. I'm not sure Parkinson is capable of getting them back on the right track when that happens.

Might be wrong, but I see at least five or six teams in that league who are better than them and the table will show that come Christmas time.

Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:05 pm

How will they cope if it falls flat the Owners and fans ?

Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:43 pm

Congratulations to Glamorgan One Day Cup winners!! :occasion5:

it's a real shame the ECB decided to hold a cricket final just over a week before October which inevitably meant
it played out as a T20 slog in front of a handful of supporters.

Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:54 pm

Totally agree...really pleased for Glammy though in a generally poor season!