Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Next Cardiff City Manager “

Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:30 am

Personally I don’t think they have a clue this time or Tan :lol:

Latest Odds:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Next Cardiff City Manager “

Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:37 am

The image has cut off the first two - Schumacher and Alexandersson. Schumacher the favourite and would be a great choice but have little confidence they’ll pick him

Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:11 am

JamieCCFC90 wrote:The image has cut off the first two - Schumacher and Alexandersson. Schumacher the favourite and would be a great choice but have little confidence they’ll pick him

Just found it, Cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:56 am

Really not sure about Schumacher.

No doubting his CV is good (albeit very short) but I think he's the sort of appointment we should be making after all this present pile of sh!t has been sorted out. Not convinced he's the man to kick this lot up the ar$e right here right now with us rock bottom in 24th place.

Hope I'm wrong if he's the man we bring in.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:33 am

That is one terrible list of managers.

Really hope it’s just guesswork and nothing like the real shortlist.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:05 am

Bound to be Purse, you just can see it happening :banghead:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:12 am

Schumacher still my choice.

But those odds have barely moved since Friday, which suggests they don't know as you say.

But it is worth keeping an eye on the betting market as if someone's odds shorten dramatically then it can be a sign. That was the case with Warnock and Harris.

On the other hand, Lamouchi and Bulut were never even on the betting market.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:28 am

Whoever it is will be a huge improvement on Bulut. I think the January transfer window is key . Is there a budget to improve a squad that hasn't won a football match for 6 months? This is what interviewees need to be asking. If there are no assurances given they could be turning down the role if offered to them. This team desperately needs improvement, how Bulut fans and regular long term posters were excited and thinking top 6 pre season while ridiculing people like me who couldnt see it still bewilders me. January window is massive.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:36 am

There was talk of an interview happening yesterday, does anyone know who that was, and if any more are lined up?

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:44 am

It don't matter who the next manager is if we lost five games with a new scapegoat manager out of say eight games fans would get the pitch forks out, as that's what a manager is these days a scapegoat for them above who interfer. You can only work with what your given. It's the board sticking there nose in everything that needs to f**k off and the owner :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:01 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Bound to be Purse, you just can see it happening :banghead:

That is my big big worry

Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Bound to be Purse, you just can see it happening :banghead:

That is my big big worry

Whilst wouldn't put anything past them to do that it would be pure disaster and div 1 for us..... surely tan is not that mad? To many managers out there for purse to be even in contention he's not even a good coach!

Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:57 am

I cant see that it will make much difference, whoever it is they need to be strong to lick this lot into shape! As said before a scapegoat. The main of them are to old the team is not fit, lazy and no passion for our club. Its not fair on the fans who pay good money to watch players with an attitude of just drawing a wage. For gods sake they are professional footballers who should give all for there club and the money they earn.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That is my big big worry

Whilst wouldn't put anything past them to do that it would be pure disaster and div 1 for us..... surely tan is not that mad? To many managers out there for purse to be even in contention he's not even a good coach!

Allan,

Just look at the majority of managers he has made, many without any first team experience.

I would never put it past Tan.

But it would be Suicidal.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That is my big big worry

Allan,

Just look at the majority of managers he has made, many without any first team experience.

I would never put it past Tan.

But it would be Suicidal.

Read today they are still contemplating who's next but the indication is it won't be riza or purse.... honestly believe they have no choice other than to pick one of the out of work managers as they're saying they are using an international agency and two ex managers to pick next manager! We know that no way will purse or riza be on a shortlist if that's the case..... bet tan is having palpitations at thought he cannot choose purse or riza unless he wants to lose £100m :o

Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:06 pm

Purse would finish me off tbh ….as it would say that we are accepting relegation…
I would love Tony Mowbray in some capacity but who knows any more…
But whoever the manager is , nothing changes until we buy a proven striker ….look at the difference Kieffer Moore made …but the board are so clueless they can’t see the obivious .

Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:58 pm

Neil Harris was very complimentary about Tan and his two henchmen today like all our previous Managers apart from Malky! Warnock has said many times that Dalman was his best ever Chairman,what do the forum make of these comments?

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:28 pm

Mark Hughes in betting still. Wondering if its going to be him on a short term deal.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:32 pm

Ibby wrote:Mark Hughes in betting still. Wondering if its going to be him on a short term deal.

F.ck me hope note that would really would ruin my season .

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:34 pm

Ibby wrote:Mark Hughes in betting still. Wondering if its going to be him on a short term deal.

Already been reported that it won't be Hughes.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:49 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Who by please ?

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:51 pm

Ibby wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Who by please ?

BBC and Glen Williams. Whatever you think of them, they do get bits of information from Dalman.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:51 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Neil Harris was very complimentary about Tan and his two henchmen today like all our previous Managers apart from Malky! Warnock has said many times that Dalman was his best ever Chairman,what do the forum make of these comments?

NDA's

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:23 pm

Interim boss Omer Riza says he has been presented with a "great opportunity" and wants to stake his claim to be permanent manager after he oversaw Cardiff City's first win of the season.

The Bluebirds claimed their first scalp at the eighth time of asking thanks to a Perry Ng header in the first half against Millwall and they managed to hold on to their 1-0 lead.

Cardiff are currently managerless after sacking Erol Bulut 10 days ago, with chairman Mehmet Dalman and CEO Ken Choo in attendance at Cardiff City City this evening.

It is understood the Bluebirds board members were comparing notes on prospective managers, with Riza having hinted strongly at wanting the job full-time.

Asked about what the process is for him now in terms of applying to get that job, Riza said: "I don't know. I'm just getting on with my job. I'm really not thinking about it. This is a great club and a great opportunity with a great fan base. And I think there's more to come.

"I think we have proved that over the last two games in a small space of time. I don't know any more information, I'd be lying if I told you anything. It's only what you see and hear and read, which can be difficult at times.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:25 pm

"But it's about remaining positive, making sure the boys are ready and the team is ready and we approach every game like we want to win it. That's a professional way of acting."

Both Dalman and Choo spoke with Riza pre-match. The interim boss said: "They came in before the game, we sat down and had a chat. They wished me luck and wished the boys luck."

And they will no doubt be beaming, just as Riza was, after the match, with Cardiff, who remain bottom of the table, chalking up their first win of the season.