Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED “ Cardiff City this afternoon "

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:02 am

Cardiff City U21s play Ipswich Town at 3pm today at home.

Michael Reindorf starts, so won't be part of the first team squad later.

FINISHED 2-2

CARDIFF CITY U21’S 2024-25 SEASON / DARREN PURSE

Barry Town 5 Cardiff City U21’s 3

Cardiff City U21’s 3 Potters Bar Town 5

Welsh League Cup 1st Rd: Afan Lido 1 Cardiff City 3

Western Supermare 1 Cardiff City 1

Welsh League Cup 2nd Rd: Cardiff City 3 Pontypridd 1

Welsh League Cup 3rd Rd: Cardiff City 2 Merthyr Town 1

Cardiff City U21 2 Aston Villa U21 / U18 3

Darren Purses New Players:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240135

2024/25 U21 fixtures:

Aug 14 Cardiff City 0 Sheffield Wednesday 1

Aug 20 Wigan Athletic 1 Cardiff City 3

Aug 26 Cardiff City 2 Fleetwood Town 0

Sep Brentford 1 Cardiff City 2

Sep 27 Sheffield United 2 Cardiff City 0

Oct 1 Cardiff City 2 Ipswich Town 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Cardiff City this afternoon "

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:04 am

What does Reindorf have to do, to get a look in at first team action?

Our only goal scorer this season is Robinson.

He brings something new to the table. Madness he's still not getting game time.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:07 am

Roath_Blue wrote:What does Reindorf have to do, to get a look in at first team action?

I do find it strange he can't even get on the bench, especially as Ashford has been ineffective this season.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:07 am

Roath_Blue wrote:What does Reindorf have to do, to get a look in at first team action?

Purse had it in for him and has not recommended him.

I am hearing he’s being bullied like previous players who make a name for themselves, that’s what is going around.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I am hearing he’s being bullied like previous players who make a name for themselves, that’s what is going around.

Annis, that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:25 am

Watch out if we win this Wez will be on praising Purse, We lost Saturday and once again NO
Wez.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:26 am

Roath_Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I am hearing he’s being bullied like previous players who make a name for themselves that’s what is going around.

Annis, that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I’ve honestly been messaged this twice by parents of other U21 players saying this.

They say he’s class

Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:34 am

1 nil Ipswich

Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:51 am

City lead 2-1 at half time.

Reindorf and Barton with the goals.

Brilliant header by Reindorf, should be in the first team.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:53 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:City lead 2-1 at half time.

Reindorf and Barton with the goals.

Brilliant header by Reindorf, should be in the first team.

The #Bluebirds equalise through Michael Reindorf, who heads home from Luey Giles' sublime cross into the area! (1-1)

Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:59 am

H-T

Mannie Barton fires City ahead!!!

It's a great finish from the forward, who shows composure in a one-on-one. (2-1)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:01 pm

Ned,

If we win Purses biggest fan Wez will be in here, if he lose he disappears :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ned,

If we win Purses biggest fan Wez will be in here, if he lose he disappears :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:37 pm

Utterly ridiculous. The purpose of U21 teams is to get them ready for the first team. We need his goals NOW. Arsenal played a 16 year old last week. This boy should be playing tonight to the city. If this is true of Purse he should hang his head in shame.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:48 pm

If a youngster is good enough he should be given a chance in first team, remember Toshack

Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:01 pm

FT 2-2

Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:09 pm

FULL-TIME

Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

I wonder what Wez will do now it’s 2-2 a draw

Would like to hear about his thoughts on Current Regime and if he wants Darren Ourse as our next manager :lol:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:12 pm

Brezza wrote:Utterly ridiculous. The purpose of U21 teams is to get them ready for the first team. We need his goals NOW. Arsenal played a 16 year old last week. This boy should be playing tonight to the city. If this is true of Purse he should hang his head in shame.

Trying telling that to Regime and their Pet Purse and Glen Williams

Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:13 pm

BLUEBIRD wrote:If a youngster is good enough he should be given a chance in first team, remember Toshack

Exactly what I’ve been saying

Age means nothing if your really good

Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Would like to hear about his thoughts on Current Regime and if he wants Darren Ourse as our next manager :lol:

U21 doing better this year , better players they have , Ipswich are a premiership club ? , you keep pointing out which league the u21 play against most of the time , not that it matters as the u21 is a totally differentset up , purse can only manage the players he's given and I've never wanted purse as our manager , your acting a bit childish atm ,thats why I've stayed off some topics I really can't be bothered with the same old arguments got better things to do with my life .I just hope that they don't listen to your mate dalman for the next manager,who you were licking his ass all last season, it's dalman money he's running things blah blah blah.

Re: UPDATED “ Cardiff City this afternoon "

Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:29 pm

Reindof should be in the 1st team squad he's better than Ashford.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:Reindof should be in the 1st team squad he's better than Ashford.

100% agree

Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:51 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Reindof should be in the 1st team squad he's better than Ashford.

100% agree

There's a few in the u21 that are showing promise .

Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:01 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

U21 doing better this year , better players they have , Ipswich are a premiership club ? , you keep pointing out which league the u21 play against most of the time , not that it matters as the u21 is a totally differentset up , purse can only manage the players he's given and I've never wanted purse as our manager , your acting a bit childish atm ,thats why I've stayed off some topics I really can't be bothered with the same old arguments got better things to do with my life .I just hope that they don't listen to your mate dalman for the next manager,who you were licking his ass all last season, it's dalman money he's running things blah blah blah.

I knew you would come on as when we lost last games you disappear on the U21 and the First team.

Childish???

If we win a game you make Purse the hero

If we finally make a profit in one player, you put in well done your heroes Transfer Committee

That’s what you call Childish.

NOW BE HONEST AND ADMIT THIS HIERARCHY ARE KILLING OUR CLUB & ARE TOTALLY CLUELESS

Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I knew you would come on as when we lost last games you disappear on the U21 and the First team.

Childish???

If we finally make a profit in one player, you put in well done your heroes Transfer Committee

NOW BE HONEST AND ADMIT THIS HIERARCHY ARE KILLING OUR CLUB & ARE TOTALLY CLUELESS
Nonsense

Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Childish???

Nonsense

See your at it again sticking up for The Regome.

Shocking / Unbelievable.

Please put Our Club first.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 4:03 pm

I see Kpakio didn't play for the under 21's this afternoon. I wonder if he will be involved with the 1st team this evening?

Tue Oct 01, 2024 4:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I am hearing he’s being bullied like previous players who make a name for themselves that’s what is going around.

Annis I’m no great fan of Purse but I hope you have got your facts 100% correct on this because they are quite serious accusations.

Bellamy lost his job because of something similar!!

With all the player protection policies and welfare procedures in place at our club I would be amazed that IF these allegations are true he is allowed to get away with it. Bullying will not be tolerated by the heirachy

Have the players taken it further??

Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

100% true. Dressed him down in front of others loads of times. Maybe he thinks it’s his way of building them up whilst the academy and u21s think he’s a knob