Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW : TONIGHT IN A NEAR DESERTED CCS / CARDIFF CITY NOT

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:36 pm

MY VIEW : TONIGHT IN A NEAR DESERTED CCS / CARDIFF CITY NOT ONLY FINALLY SCORE AT HOME / WIN THEIR FIRST LEAGUE GAME OF THE SEASON.

The Faithful Cardiff fans cheered and sang for long periods.

NOT GETTING CARRIED AWAY WITH THIS RESULT / BUT IT DOES FINALLY FEEL GOOD.

Millwall had the ball cleared off the line twice and one in the last min.

It took till October but City finally did it.

Attendance: 15,687

Before Tonight’s match Cardiff had had the worst start in over 100 years.

The worst amount of goals scored and conceded.

Millwall had not Won away this season.

CARDIFF JUST DESERVED THE 3PTS / MILLWALL WERE A POOR SIDE / BUT 3PTS WAS WHAT MATTERED.

It was a battling , scrappy performance by Cardiff.

Cardiff 10 shots / Millwall 11 shots.

Robertson played really well, plus Robinson , Rubin and NG tonight

FIRST-HALF: For 25mins Cardiff struggled to get out of their own half.

39th min, after persistent running at Mille by Robinson, City were able to Sing:

“We scored a goal we scored a goal “

GOOOOAL! Ng headed home! 1-0
A whipped cross to the near post is inviting and Ng, who we saw do this time and time again last season, sends a bullet header past Jensen. It's a big celebration from him, too. He's not been his usual self this season and that will do him a world of good.

44th min: Callum Robinson clears the ball off the line wow.

SECOND-HALF: Robinson in the 47th just sliced the ball over the top when he should of scored that.

61st Double Sub:
Meite on for Robinson.
El Ghazi off, Willock

65min: Brilliant shot by Rubin and well saved

80th Tanner off Rinomhota on.

Cardiff were by far the better side in this half.

92nd min Colwill was replaced by Turnbull.

CARDIFF CITY 1 MILLWALL 0
H-T 1-0

Cardiff City : Alnwick; Ng, Chambers, Goutas, Bagan; Robertson, Ralls; Tanner, Colwill, El Ghazi; Robinson.

Subs: Horvath, Kpakio, Collins, Rinomhota, Turnbull, Willock, Ashford, Meite, Kanga.

Attendance: 15,687

Away Support: 260 Millwall Fans

Before Tonight’s Match.

Only TWO teams in Championship history have picked up fewer points than Cardiff after 7 games.

Only ONE team in Championship history has scored fewer goals than Cardiff after 7 games.

Only TWO teams in Championship history have conceded more goals than Cardiff after 7 games.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW : TONIGHT IN A NEAR DESERTED CCS / CARDIFF CITY

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:37 pm

Bluebirds :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:41 pm

Table:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:41 pm

Get f*cking in a wins a win that's what we needed :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:42 pm

Goutas came back in, thought he had a pretty solid game.
I’m not fully convinced by Chambers.

Thought Bagan was outstanding again. His game has really matured. Hope he makes that left back spot his own now.

Thought Rubin was probably the best player on the pitch too. Just needs to sort out his decision making.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:42 pm

Wasn't massively convincing, still a lot of work to do, but the main thing is 3 much needed points, and a bit of confidence and belief in the team.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:43 pm

It didn't matter how it happened, a win is a win. Robertson looked excellent is growing into Championship football. Crucial that we've found a way to get three points to not be completely cut off but we remain a poor and fragile team. A long season ahead no doubt but at last a glimmer of hope.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:44 pm

Should have been behind at half time and it wasn't a great performance but had to win.

Definitely not getting carried away.

FOR ME OMER RIZA CAN'T GET THE JOB PERMANENTLY

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:44 pm

Brilliant win. Goutas and the defence were fantastic. Colwill , Tanner and Robinson will give you chances. We cut out the mistakes of Saturday and played well. Please no negative tonight re tan , crowds, players or manager. Let’s enjoy.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:50 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Goutas came back in, thought he had a pretty solid game.
I’m not fully convinced by Chambers.

Thought Bagan was outstanding again. His game has really matured. Hope he makes that left back spot his own now.

Thought Rubin was probably the best player on the pitch too. Just needs to sort out his decision making.

Goutas was excellent. He was my man of the match. Didn’t put a foot wrong and won everything.

Chambers played well tonight but terrible mistake that near led to a goal right at the death. He does that once a game. How long before Dalan is back?

Totally agree.Rubin would be twice the player if he got head head up and played a pass quicker. So many attacks slowed as he took too long to decide or over complicated things.

Honourable mention to Joe Ralls who didn’t half scrap for everything tonight.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:51 pm

Similar story to other games really, we had enough chances to make the game more comfortable and just lacked that finish. Colwill came close, Tanner was in a few times and Meite does all the hard graft but falls to bits in front of goal.

A win is a win though, defence was pretty good too, Millwall had their chances but a lot of players making sure they got their bodies on the line, which has been missing in recent weeks

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:55 pm

Reply:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:55 pm

Reply:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:57 pm

Thought it was a good performance considering the pressure the team were under to get a result.

Goutas was my MOTM and there were some performances from the likes of Alnwick and Bagan. Ralls gave a captain performance and had that lumberjack of a Millwall lad under control. Overall we all should be please with that.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:58 pm

Attendance:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:00 pm

Only 10 points off the playoffs after tonight

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:05 pm

“ CARDIFF CITY CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 2024-25 “

10/08/24 Cardiff City 0 Sunderland 2 :cry: Crowd 21,410 Sunderland Fans 2,140

17/08/24 Burnley 5 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 18,508 Away Support 1.149

Sunday 25/08/24 Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 20,174 Away Support 1,480

31/08/24 Cardiff City 0 Middlesbrough 2 Crowd 17,980 Away Support 1,470

14/09/24 Derby County 1 Cardiff City Crowd 28,985 Away Support 1,803

21/09/24 Cardiff City 0 Leeds United 2 Crowd 23,207 includes 3,251 away fans

28/09/24 Hull City 4 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 22,665 Away Support 460 Cardiff fans

01/10/2024 Cardiff City 1 Millwall 0 Crowd 15,687 Away Support 260

Sunday 06/10/24 15:00 Bristol City v Cardiff City

19/10/24 12:30pm Cardiff City v Plymouth Argyle

22/10/2024 - 19:45 - Cardiff City v Portsmouth

26/10/2024 - 15:00 - West Bromwich Albion (a)

02/11/2024 - 15:00 - Norwich City (h)

06/11/2024 - 20:00 Luton Town v Cardiff City

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:07 pm

I find it crazy that we’ve finally won our first game, but only 4 points off 15th place.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:38 pm

Let’s enjoy the win, it’s been a while ! We all know it wasn’t perfect but all the players seemed to be giving their all and as a fan surely that’s all we can hope for and expect!!
Let’s hope they gain confidence from that and get something on Sunday before international break! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:39 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:I find it crazy that we’ve finally won our first game, but only 4 points off 15th place.

Because as I said last week, a very weak Championship this season, anyone can beat anyone :bluebird:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:59 pm

They finally turned up, put in a much better performance. Few players stood out tonight, Chambers had a decent game with Goutas as his partner, Goutas had a solid match and shows what we’ve been missing in defence. Bagan hand a really good match. Perry coming up when needed with the goal.

Robertson and Ralls bossed there areas and Colwill was brilliant, just needs to either take a shot or play quicker balls as sometimes holds it too long and loses possession. Tanner has come on leaps and bounds, phenomenal pace when he starts running.

El Ghazi is starting to show glimpses of his quality, few more matches and we’ll see what he really can do.

Still defending corners with all 11 players in the box which is useless as you can’t catch the opposition out on the break, couple of times we gave away possession by smashing the ball clear up field and nobody there as they’re all still clearing out of the box.

Couple of little niggles all over the pitch but a much better performance overall.

You know you’re up against it when you a yard or two off the pace, case in point Tanners ball across face of goal to Yak.

Still think we need to put the youngsters in and then make changes around 70 mins mark.

Riza got the subs right, left the players settle for a good 10/15 mins before thinking about more changes, was one downside to our previous 2nd halves, too many breaks for changes and players moving positions with each sub.

Do I think Riza is the way forward…. No but I’ll take the 3pts and a vital home win

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BaltimoreBlues wrote:I find it crazy that we’ve finally won our first game, but only 4 points off 15th place.

Because as I said last week, a very weak Championship this season, anyone can beat anyone :bluebird:

Yeah totally agree, and to think Sunderland are at the top with such I young side.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:32 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Get f*cking in a wins a win that's what we needed :bluescarf:

Spot On :bluebird:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:47 pm

A Start! Attitude, confidence, aggression and all together.
We can and we can!

Keep the faith die for the shirt!

Ccfc