Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Nothing to get carried away about "

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:41 pm

FIRST OF ALL I'M DELIGHTED WITH THE WIN / WE REALLY NEEDED IT

But it's nothing to get carried away about.

People will say I'm negative but if we're all being honest, we didn't play well at all in the first half

We were up against an average Millwall team who haven't won away yet and they had loads of chances which they should have taken.

Perry Ng's goal came from awful defending by them from a set piece, we didn't do anything special.

To be fair the second half was much much better and we should have scored more. Millwall hardly threatened in the second half.

BUT IN MY OPINION OMER RIZA SIMPLY CAN NOT GET THE JOB PERMANENTLY

A win is a win finally but I saw nothing tonight to change my mind about Riza or the way we would go if he stayed in charge.

I would say the same if Bulut had stayed, we would have been destined for relegation also if that happened.

I really really hope that the hierarchy use some sense for once and bring in a manager who has at least some Championship experience, that is what we will need to stay up - Schumacher is my choice but anyone with Championship experience would be able to give us a fighting chance.

Pleased with the win, but it's nothing to get excited about tonight despite a decent second half performance.

Re: " Nothing to get carried away about "

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:47 pm

Don't disagree with any of that. We had some luck tonight and Riza deserves some credit for getting the team on the front foot. I don't think he is the man for the job but equally I think even an experienced manager is going to find thus squad hard work. So many poor and average players.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:48 pm

With you Ned :bluebird:

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:52 pm

Give credit - we won. All this nonsense Millwall not great. Who are great in the championship?

If we win praise the manager and the players- their confidence is on the floor - try to lift them up. Confidence is massive to a winning team.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:52 pm

You're right that we can not get carried away with the result.

I actually felt we were lucky to not be 2-0 down within 30 minutes.

Defensively we have cut out a lot of the mistakes that we have been making so far, Goutas looked like the Goutas of last season, and overall the team looked a bit happier playing under Riza.

I thought Colwill had a decent game, but his decision making still needs some work.

Tanner shows so much effort in his game, and even though he's not championship standard, I'd still play him. His passion is needed, and he's better than Meite.

Its still in my eyes an experienced manager that we need.

Riza has tried to make us more attacking and that's clear, but I don't think he is right to have full time.

Hopefully he stays on as a coach though, as it looks as though he's got the buy in from the players.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:56 pm

Celebrate a win,no matter how they are achieved,we have enough negativity when we lose

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:16 pm

Overall we were the better team, Millwall did have a 15 min spell where I thought we were going to get beaten but end of first half Cardiff grew back into the game.

Bit gutted we didn't score more in the second half, some poor decisions where we had the ball on the edge of the box and instead of getting the ball in we played around with it and wasted possession.

Colwill did alot but I thought too many times he played it safe going backwards and not looking forward or getting the ball in the box

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:27 pm

It was a hard fought win with a well taken goal.

The real concern for me though was the midfield that seem to have large holes in it. A half decent side would have taken full advantage of that.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:34 pm

Completely agree.

Didn't play particularly well but the players put in a shift and grinded out the win. Overall we deserved the 3 points.

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:39 pm

Millwall are a bang-average championship outfit, with a bang-average manager and we just beat them quite well, so signs of improvement.

The sqaud is still a mess the youngsters are digging out the older pros!

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:48 pm

This season we just need to fight to stay up and scrappy 1-0 wins may be enough.

I agree though that we stay played the one
Up top and won’t score enough goals from open play doing that. We need a change of system not just personnel.

I thought Colwill and Tanner were great and our only real attacking threat

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:03 pm

Said similar on Annie’s match thoughts tread

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:06 pm

So happy leaving the ground after all the Bulut shite we put up with. Hoarse as hell

But was thinking , please don’t even think about giving Riza a chance after this win. It was a poor Millwall side, and many teams would have scored more. I’m happy with most of the names mentioned on here. Nathan Jones still my favourite.

But to hell with all that tonight, I’m celebrating a rare win. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:27 am

tangledupinblue wrote:So happy leaving the ground after all the Bulut shite we put up with. Hoarse as hell

But was thinking , please don’t even think about giving Riza a chance after this win. It was a poor Millwall side, and many teams would have scored more. I’m happy with most of the names mentioned on here. Nathan Jones still my favourite.

If you check the Charlton forum, they would be over the moon if he joined us, they cannot stand his boring football, where have I heard that saying before? losing the last three games and bored stiff.

Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:02 am

rontom wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:So happy leaving the ground after all the Bulut shite we put up with. Hoarse as hell

If you check the Charlton forum, they would be over the moon if he joined us, they cannot stand his boring football, where have I heard that saying before? losing the last three games and bored stiff.

If he wasn’t a City fan or Welsh he wouldn’t get mentioned in the conversation