Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Baffled about Robertson

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:10 pm

Said when he was he with us, that I couldn't get my head around why Bulut wouldn't start Robertson consistently.

Since he left, I'm even more baffled by that decision.

I didn't think we we were particularly good tonight but I thought Alex Robertson was again very good.

The type of midfielder we've been missing.

Just need some of those around him to step up their game.

Re: Baffled about Robertson

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:17 pm

He's good, good on the ball, mo ea round at the right times and not to much. reads the game well aswell I thought.

I don't get why he ain't first on the team sheet when Bulut was manager

Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:28 pm

Was easily our best player with colwil a close 2nd .

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:12 pm

Because Bulut was a terrible manager end of . I am still fuming he was given that contract. But tonight I’m having a few nightcaps. We won a game of football. Not a great game, but we won. And yeah Robertson was good tonight. I like him

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:Was easily our best player with colwil a close 2nd .

Put Goutas in that 3 as well I reckon.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:10 am

What I noticed with bulut is he favoured older players, he didn't really like playing the younger players mad really

Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:12 pm

I thought Robertson had a mixed game. Hopefully a lot more to come from him. Had moments of real quality but also moments were he was wasteful. A bit like Rubin. There is definitely a good player there. I thought he faded in the last 15- 20 minutes and kept getting caught in possession. He seemed to lose his composure. Probably due to his lack of game time and fitness. I would have taken him off earlier, particularly as he’s had injuries. Would be great if Turnbull could find his feet. Hardly seen him.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:38 pm

He played one magnificent pass in the first half that put Tanner through to blast miles over the bar.