Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Omer Riza spoke to Dalman & Choo before the game "

Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:21 pm

Both Dalman and Choo spoke with Riza pre-match. The interim boss said: "They came in before the game, we sat down and had a chat. They wished me luck and wished the boys luck."

Interim boss Omer Riza says he has been presented with a "great opportunity" and wants to stake his claim to be permanent manager after he oversaw Cardiff City's first win of the season.

The Bluebirds claimed their first scalp at the eighth time of asking thanks to a Perry Ng header in the first half against Millwall and they managed to hold on to their 1-0 lead.

Cardiff are currently managerless after sacking Erol Bulut 10 days ago, with chairman Mehmet Dalman and CEO Ken Choo in attendance at Cardiff City City this evening.

It is understood the Bluebirds board members were comparing notes on prospective managers, with Riza having hinted strongly at wanting the job full-time.

Asked about what the process is for him now in terms of applying to get that job, Riza said: "I don't know. I'm just getting on with my job. I'm really not thinking about it. This is a great club and a great opportunity with a great fan base. And I think there's more to come.

"I think we have proved that over the last two games in a small space of time. I don't know any more information, I'd be lying if I told you anything. It's only what you see and hear and read, which can be difficult at times.

"But it's about remaining positive, making sure the boys are ready and the team is ready and we approach every game like we want to win it. That's a professional way of acting."

Both Dalman and Choo spoke with Riza pre-match. The interim boss said: "They came in before the game, we sat down and had a chat. They wished me luck and wished the boys luck."

And they will no doubt be beaming, just as Riza was, after the match, with Cardiff, who remain bottom of the table, chalking up their first win of the season.

Of the match, Riza said: “I think [I feel] relief. When you haven’t won a game in seven, it’s frustrating, it’s disappointing for the fans, the club, players, staff.

“So to get that win today against a team that’s so hard to play against, we had to match that. The boys were solid and dealt with a lot of problems. We managed to get that goal, hold on and come away with the three points so I’m really happy.

“We haven’t had much time. We did a bit of work before the Hull game but haven’t had much time to work. We’ve got three games in seven days so we’re trying to keep the boys off their feet as much as we can. Attacking-wise, I think we got bodies forward and got in good positions and, defensively, we were more robust. We had to be that against this team and we got the result.”

Re: " Omer Riza spoke to Dalman & Choo before the game "

Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:55 am

Let's hope Dalman + Choo were there just to give him encouragement rather than laying down foundations for him being the next manager.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:12 pm

cityone wrote:Let's hope Dalman + Choo were there just to give him encouragement rather than laying down foundations for him being the next manager.

It will be a total disaster if he gets the job but wouldn't surprise me if they did, it's mad enough for them to do it.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:40 pm

One hopes that the hyarchy of any club would chat to coach before a game otherwise be something wrong with the situation ....

Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:One hopes that the hyarchy of any club would chat to coach before a game otherwise be something wrong with the situation ....

Why? He knows the situation, they don't need to talk to an interim manager.

And why were they speaking to the players? Their job is in the boardroom, leave the players and interim manager alone to do their job.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:One hopes that the hyarchy of any club would chat to coach before a game otherwise be something wrong with the situation ....

And why were they speaking to the players? Their job is in the boardroom, leave the players and interim manager alone to do their job.

Alnwick needed to be reminded that he's got to score a few if he's going to meet the 20 goal target that Tan has set him.

Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Do they just ignore players & coach then people whinge why no communication between people? Let's have a bit of context could been 2hrs before game or are you suggesting they gave team talk and tactics?? Well whatever it was it obviously worked as we won

Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:39 am

Fait to say the way Millwall played, even Bulits tactics would have beat them.