Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“I WANT THE JOB FULL-TIME”

Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:17 am

Interim boss Omer Riza says he has been presented with a "great opportunity" and wants to stake his claim to be permanent manager after he oversaw Cardiff City's first win of the season.

Both Dalman and Choo spoke with Riza pre-match. The interim boss said: "They came in before the game, we sat down and had a chat. They wished me luck and wished the boys luck."

Interim boss Omer Riza says he has been presented with a "great opportunity" and wants to stake his claim to be permanent manager after he oversaw Cardiff City's first win of the season.

“This is a great club and a great opportunity with a great fan base. And I think there's more to come.”

“I have told them that I would like to be considered.”

"I think we have proved that over the last two games in a small space of time. I don't know any more information, I'd be lying if I told you anything. It's only what you see and hear and read, which can be difficult at times.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “I WANT THE JOB FULL-TIME”

Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:26 am

Interim Manager Omer Riza:

Played 2 Won 1 Lost 1 Scored 2 Conceded 4

28/09/24 Hull City 4 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 22,665 Away Support 460 Cardiff fans

01/10/2024 Cardiff City 1 Millwall 0 Crowd 15,687 Away Support 260
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:40 am

Omer Riza:

“Bristol City”

“All games are tough in the Championship, everyone knows that,” Omer . “It’s another game where we will get the boys up for it. It’s a big game,.”

“it’s an important game, but every game is important, and we want to try and approach every game in the same way. “

“We will obviously try and win it, but if we don’t win it, then we don’t want to lose it, we must not lose it.”

“ We’ll prepare for it, and we will go in with the same energy and mentality and hopefully pick up the three point.”

Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:45 am

For me He was outstanding and controlled the game and is getting better every game Rubin, he just needed to start games and be given a run.

WE HAVE FINALLY PRODUCED A QUALITY CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER:

Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:04 am

Reply:

Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:06 am

No no no no.

We beat an extremely poor millwall team we could of easily lost the game, now is not the time for trial and error we need proven quality to take us over and push us up the table with a good style if play

Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:10 am

Totally agree Kyle 100%

Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:33 am

Don’t get this very poor team Millwall. Every team we play - the away team is poor. We are in the championship- we don’t play Man City or Arsenal. Millwall was the same as every other team we have played.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:39 am

Grandstand wrote:Don’t get this very poor team Millwall. Every team we play - the away team is poor. We are in the championship- we don’t play Man City or Arsenal. Millwall was the same as every other team we have played.

They had two strikers missing they where weaker than they usally are, even the fans where saying it's the worse they have seen them play

Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:59 am

Replies:

Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:00 am

kyle08 wrote:
Grandstand wrote:Don’t get this very poor team Millwall. Every team we play - the away team is poor. We are in the championship- we don’t play Man City or Arsenal. Millwall was the same as every other team we have played.

They had two strikers missing they where weaker than they usally are, even the fans where saying it's the worse they have seen them play

Correct Kyle,

They did and they are a very poor side.

It’s a Big NO from me.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:27 am

Reply:

Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:40 am

Reply:

Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:02 am

Massive NO from me. Good experience at Champ level, game management, ability to play different formations, knows how to coach an attacking game and big motivator needed. Not Riza unfortunately

Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:18 am

I would need to see more of him in charge but i think bristol away should make my mind up.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:31 am

montyblue wrote:I would need to see more of him in charge but i think bristol away should make my mind up.

Monty he's been a coach for two years at city and any coach worth it will have learned about the championship and how teams play? So whilst not overly keen on him taking over a good result at Bristol could show he as what it takes to get the results we need.... yesterday 2nd half we controlled the game and they hardly got a look in haven't done that since 1st half burnley.. it really is catch 22 time get in say Schumacher but if he fails people be saying should kept riza... problem is club fcked it up at start and caused this problem.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:34 am

We should have been behind at half time to an average Millwall team.

We didn't play well in that first half. Yes it's a win but that's all it is and a performance like that isn't inspiring at all.

Giving him the job would be almost mad enough for them to do.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:25 am

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:I would need to see more of him in charge but i think bristol away should make my mind up.

Monty he's been a coach for two years at city and any coach worth it will have learned about the championship and how teams play? So whilst not overly keen on him taking over a good result at Bristol could show he as what it takes to get the results we need.... yesterday 2nd half we controlled the game and they hardly got a look in haven't done that since 1st half burnley.. it really is catch 22 time get in say Schumacher but if he fails people be saying should kept riza... problem is club fcked it up at start and caused this problem.

No he hasn't. He joined City as a coach this summer.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:27 am

Not a chance we need an experienced Manager not another YTS coach, go and learn at Cardiff Parks level first and come back in ten years if you make it.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:16 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Thanks for the Kurt correction guess he's never been a coach anywhere else? Like said not my choice.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:27 pm

He has coached for 10 seasons but where ? and he had no say under bulut by the sound of it.
If he does well and a result at bristol i would give him the next 2 after the internationsl break plymouth portsmouth,
win them all and a decision then has to be made keep or ditch

Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Thanks for the Kurt correction guess he's never been a coach anywhere else? Like said not my choice.

He wouldn't be my choice either, was just saying that he hasn't been at City for 2 years.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:29 pm

It’s a big no from me we need a way to play with the players we have got we seem to get a lot of injury’s last season and now this it has to be the way we are trained mainly by bulet please get a good youngish manager who has the experience like schmacher

Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:34 pm

We need experience not a new comer

Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:16 pm

montyblue wrote:He has coached for 10 seasons but where ? and he had no say under bulut by the sound of it.
If he does well and a result at bristol i would give him the next 2 after the internationsl break plymouth portsmouth,
win them all and a decision then has to be made keep or ditch

He's not a Manager, he shouldn't even be being mentioned for the job, he's man experienced Manager we need not a coach.

Maybe keep him as an attacking coach if he does well as acting Manager.

Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:19 pm

Hope not we need an experienced manager

Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:49 pm

keano wrote:Hope not we need an experienced manager

Agree